[0.25] RasterPropMonitor - putting the A in your IVA (v0.18.3) [8 Oct]

Mihara

Is there any way to get the survey contract navigation icons to show up on the RPM NavBall like they do on the other NavBall?

Until we get that in IVA, here's a couple of mods that will help locate navigation icons in flight:

In-Flight Waypoints so you can see the navigation markers in flight mode.

NavHud to aid in flying to navigation markers.

Yes, maybe? I'll admit I've never really played career mode, so I'll have to do quite a bit of figuring before I'd commit to the feature, but I'll add it to the GitHub issues list.

Thanks! I hope you can figure it out.

Until we get that in IVA, here's a couple of mods that will help locate navigation icons in flight:

In-Flight Waypoints so you can see the navigation markers in flight mode.

NavHud to aid in flying to navigation markers.

Yes, I use In-Flight Waypoints, but that requires the HUD be turned on. When I'm in IVA, I'd really like the HUD to stay off and use RPM instead. I'm assuming the same is true for NavHud, but I've never been a fan of that mod. The whole idea is immersion and having 'fake' controls hovering on the screen from either the NavHud mod or the stock HUD kind of ruins that.

Edited by Alshain

Yes, I use In-Flight Waypoints, but that requires the HUD be turned on. When I'm in IVA, I'd really like the HUD to stay off and use RPM instead. I'm assuming the same is true for NavHud, but I've never been a fan of that mod. The whole idea is immersion and having 'fake' controls hovering on the screen from either the NavHud mod or the stock HUD kind of ruins that.

I can understand that. I turn off NavHud when I'm IVA as well. Problem is most IVA's don't have their own, smaller hud to aid in fancy stuff like bombing missions in BTSM and landing using NavUtilities's ILS. Taking those to IVA is another step I've yet to take. :)

I can understand that. I turn off NavHud when I'm IVA as well. Problem is most IVA's don't have their own, smaller hud to aid in fancy stuff like bombing missions in BTSM and landing using NavUtilities's ILS. Taking those to IVA is another step I've yet to take. :)

Yeah, I don't do the bombing stuff, but NavUtilities works in RPM. Once I get that close to the runway, I don't really need the Navball (or really anything else) at all, so I just switch it off and use the ILS. As long as I keep to the glideslope and the runway lined up, it's all I need for landing.

Bumped for "official" testing release. I have posted a full RasterPropMonitor package dev build.

NEW FEATURES:

* New variables TGTDISTANCESCALEDX and TGTDISTANCESCALEDY to allow for better docking support in the MFD, courtesy artwhaley.

* New variables SASMODE* to report the current SAS mode.

* New crew info suffixes for TITLE, LEVEL, and EXPERIENCE, along with an update to the sample MFD to report crew title.

* An optional MFD page for NavyFish's Docking Port Alignment Indicator (version 6.0), courtesy NavyFish (requires DPAI to be installed to use).

FIXES:

* TGTRELX, Y, and Z, courtesy artwhaley.

* 0.90 compatibility.

This DLL is built from the RPM source on GitHub (link on the first post of this thread), and it maintains the existing license.

Erm, MOARdV, the new dev RPM build still doesn't work for me, and the output is pretty much the same.

Erm, MOARdV, the new dev RPM build still doesn't work for me, and the output is pretty much the same.

They're working well for me. Which IVA are you trying out? Here's my RPM install proceedure as updated for 0.19:

2015 Feb 06 Fri

RPM 0.19:

1. Install MOARdV's devel RPM 0.19 from here, file "RasterPropMonitor-dev19.zip"

Also include my MM patch files, MMJ-RPM-*, in "GameData/JSI/"

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/57603?p=1714650#post1714650

Hyomoto's KSI MFD:

1. Install Hyomoto's MFD as updated by WaRi from here in the Hyomoto MFD thread, file "complete MDF 2014-07-10.zip"

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/66198?p=1258586&viewfull=1#post1258586

2. From Hyomto's Black Interface skin here from here, file "KSI MFD Black for 1_2.zip"

and extract file "GameData/Hyomoto/MFD/images/nosignal.png" and copy it to that location, as it gives a cool "NO SIGNAL" testcard

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/66198

SPP Mk2 RPM patch:

1. Install patches by nli2work from here, file "SPPMk2_RPMIVA.zip"

and add it not in "GameData/Squad/SPP/" but "GameData/JSI/RPMPodPatches/SPP/"

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/57603?p=1472057#post1472057

2015 Jan 08 Thu

Both of these are put in separate directories

Installed MasseFlieger's IVA from here, file "AKI-Modified_IVA-4.2.zip"

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/96148

Besides needing RPM, it also need ALCOR Props Pack from here, file "ASET_Props_1.0.2.zip"

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/54925

I looked at the log you provided, and RPM isn't putting up any warnings. There are a huge number of exceptions, which indicates either some outdated plugins that aren't playing nicely with KSP, or a problem with the KSP install. From the screen shots you had posted previously, it looked like RPM was functioning, sort-of: the square buttons showed non-Squad coloring, and several of the resource displays had values. Considering all of the screens are blank, it makes me wonder if there's another mod you're using that does something with textures - it looks like all of RPM's screen textures are missing.

Is RPM supposed to preserve a vessel's target (and reference part selection) on active vessel change?

I've noticed that some vessels (typically the first vessel loaded in a scene) will preserve their target across multiple active vessel changes, while others will always reset to having nothing targeted.

Is RPM supposed to preserve a vessel's target (and reference part selection) on active vessel change?

I've noticed that some vessels (typically the first vessel loaded in a scene) will preserve their target across multiple active vessel changes, while others will always reset to having nothing targeted.

Target should be preserved by KSP now days (was that in 0.25 or 0.90 that it became stock?). Reference part isn't preserved specifically in RPM as far as I can tell - RPM sets the value for the vessel, but it's not preserving the value itself. The main RPM module (RasterPropMonitorComputer) doesn't even know anything about setting reference parts - all the smarts for setting them are in JSITargetMenu (although I'm thinking of adding callback methods to allow it to be controlled with buttons on the dashboard).

They're working well for me. Which IVA are you trying out? Here's my RPM install proceedure as updated for 0.19:

2015 Feb 06 Fri

RPM 0.19:

1. Install MOARdV's devel RPM 0.19 from here, file "RasterPropMonitor-dev19.zip"

Also include my MM patch files, MMJ-RPM-*, in "GameData/JSI/"

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/57603?p=1714650#post1714650

Hyomoto's KSI MFD:

1. Install Hyomoto's MFD as updated by WaRi from here in the Hyomoto MFD thread, file "complete MDF 2014-07-10.zip"

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/66198?p=1258586&viewfull=1#post1258586

2. From Hyomto's Black Interface skin here from here, file "KSI MFD Black for 1_2.zip"

and extract file "GameData/Hyomoto/MFD/images/nosignal.png" and copy it to that location, as it gives a cool "NO SIGNAL" testcard

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/66198

SPP Mk2 RPM patch:

1. Install patches by nli2work from here, file "SPPMk2_RPMIVA.zip"

and add it not in "GameData/Squad/SPP/" but "GameData/JSI/RPMPodPatches/SPP/"

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/57603?p=1472057#post1472057

2015 Jan 08 Thu

Both of these are put in separate directories

Installed MasseFlieger's IVA from here, file "AKI-Modified_IVA-4.2.zip"

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/96148

Besides needing RPM, it also need ALCOR Props Pack from here, file "ASET_Props_1.0.2.zip"

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/54925

I tried every single one that I know there should be: Mk-1 Pod, lander can, Mk 1-2, and Mk1 cockpit.

- - - Updated - - -

I looked at the log you provided, and RPM isn't putting up any warnings. There are a huge number of exceptions, which indicates either some outdated plugins that aren't playing nicely with KSP, or a problem with the KSP install. From the screen shots you had posted previously, it looked like RPM was functioning, sort-of: the square buttons showed non-Squad coloring, and several of the resource displays had values. Considering all of the screens are blank, it makes me wonder if there's another mod you're using that does something with textures - it looks like all of RPM's screen textures are missing.

Yes, that's the problem. But the resource gauges, at least some of them, doesn't seem to display the right value though, and the navballs are acting weirdly. I'm not totally sure if there's any conflicts between mods.

The only mod I have that has something to do with texture is TR, which the problem exist before I even install it.

I'll go back and check see if I can find anything that would be helpful.

I tried every single one that I know there should be: Mk-1 Pod, lander can, Mk 1-2, and Mk1 cockpit.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, that's the problem. But the resource gauges, at least some of them, doesn't seem to display the right value though, and the navballs are acting weirdly. I'm not totally sure if there's any conflicts between mods.

The only mod I have that has something to do with texture is TR, which the problem exist before I even install it.

UPDATE:

Actually, my RPM works in vanilla though... ...

Not sure what mod is preventing it from functioning.

This is how many mods I have, and I'm not really going to check each single one of them one by one, obviously.

Since you're the co-developer, I guess you might be able to take a quick look of those.

http://i.imgur.com/YcaBVfv.png

- - - Updated - - -

In your log you had some mods or bad cfg that where throwing alot of errors looked like something with Deadly Reentry and did you move some of the mod folders ?

EDIT- There was also a FX on the decouplers it can't found thats throwing errors.

Edited by Mecripp2

In your log you had some mods or bad cfg that where throwing alot of errors looked like something with Deadly Reentry and did you move some of the mod folders ?

Oh, thanks for mentioning that.

Since I only wanted the heatshields and heatshield decouplers, I removed the .dll but left the parts out.

Uhm, I use this mode together with "Probe Control Room" and I got the following experience I would love to know if it is just me, or something else:

* Delete nodes - I can't find the option to delete nodes and need to go to the map view to do this (or mechjeb which I now try to not use)

* Homann transfer nodes - no option to add these through the screens?

* dV - I would love to see how much dV I have left on the resource screens

* Targets - I keep loosing track on targets. Let's say I want to go to the Mün, but sometimes as I use the screens, the target is removed automatically and I need to add it again. No trouble, just annoying.

Uhm, I use this mode together with "Probe Control Room" and I got the following experience I would love to know if it is just me, or something else:

* Delete nodes - I can't find the option to delete nodes and need to go to the map view to do this (or mechjeb which I now try to not use)

* Homann transfer nodes - no option to add these through the screens?

* dV - I would love to see how much dV I have left on the resource screens

* Targets - I keep loosing track on targets. Let's say I want to go to the Mün, but sometimes as I use the screens, the target is removed automatically and I need to add it again. No trouble, just annoying.

RPM supports clearing transfer nodes and displaying dV. It also has a module to help suppress double-click problems during IVA. It is up to the person who created Probe Control Room to take advantage of all of these features. Likewise, Hohmann transfer orbits can be generated automatically through MechJeb if the IVA creator adds a button to do so. So everything you're asking for is already possible in RPM, but it sounds like Probe Control Room doesn't provide them.

RPM supports clearing transfer nodes and displaying dV. It also has a module to help suppress double-click problems during IVA. It is up to the person who created Probe Control Room to take advantage of all of these features. Likewise, Hohmann transfer orbits can be generated automatically through MechJeb if the IVA creator adds a button to do so. So everything you're asking for is already possible in RPM, but it sounds like Probe Control Room doesn't provide them.
I went to Minmus today, with RPM, TAC life support, deadly reentry and all IVA. It was a great experiance to not know anything but the instruments and suddenly spot Minmus from a 50km altitude right before my retrograde burn to get into orbit. Also not seing much of the surroundings before EVA after a successfull landing in the Greater Flats.

But I could never find the delete node option, neither could I make homann transfer node or see any info in Transfer phase (which I can with the Probe Control Room). Had to go to mapmode and make it manualy.

Also, with the probe control room I have screens for takeoff and landing. But in kerbed flight IVA I can only find orbit and target screens 😞

I went to Minmus today, with RPM, TAC life support, deadly reentry and all IVA. It was a great experiance to not know anything but the instruments and suddenly spot Minmus from a 50km altitude right before my retrograde burn to get into orbit. Also not seing much of the surroundings before EVA after a successfull landing in the Greater Flats.

But I could never find the delete node option, neither could I make homann transfer node or see any info in Transfer phase (which I can with the Probe Control Room). Had to go to mapmode and make it manualy.

Also, with the probe control room I have screens for takeoff and landing. But in kerbed flight IVA I can only find orbit and target screens

No one mod is going to give you everything. Use a number of mods to get what you need. And Map mode is essential for getting perspective and handling maneuver nodes. Use it and Probe Control Room together.

Get to know Probe Control Room to figure out everything it can give you. Do you know how to control all the 9 displays? I like putting the Orbit Assistant up on the big screen. And mount more than one JSI camera on your spacecraft. You can adjust them through the right-click menu on the parts in the editor to use up to 8 of them and a docking cam included in all docking ports.

You can add versions of Vessel Viewer to see info about the spacecraft (it works in RPM in KSP 0.90). As MOARdV mentioned, MechJeb itself provides a lot of functions. You can easily add a few custom windows on the edge of the screen without blocking the displays of Probe Control Room. Use Map Mode for planning and maneuver nodes. Add a mod like Precise Node to make your maneuvers with greater ease and exactness.

The link that MOARdv has posted to the new RPM for 0.90 is broken. Any other downloads?

Take a look on GitHub for the dev release

Moderator: Can one of you please update the note on the first page to point people at the Github releases page, please? When I'm ready to release an official 0.19, I'll start a new thread (provided Mihara isn't back by then), but I don't want to start one just yet.

Is there any fix for the green adi ladder and tapes on HUDs and MFD displays showing up black under OpenGL other than not playing under OpenGL?

I haven't looked at it, although I see there was a bit of discussion on it back in August in this thread. I've opened a bug on GitHub, and I'll see if I can find time to look into it.

I haven't looked at it, although I see there was a bit of discussion on it back in August in this thread. I've opened a bug on GitHub, and I'll see if I can find time to look into it.

Thanks! Yea, I had seen the discussion from back then and one from like October, but didnt know if any other progress had been made.