[0.25] RasterPropMonitor - putting the A in your IVA (v0.18.3) [8 Oct]

Mihara

Can someone please make a step-by-step guide to get the ext cam to work?

I have RPM, ScanSat and Vessel view working. What I lack is the ext cameras and engine igniter (which is installed but wont work with RPM)

Are there any other mods I need? Do I need camera parts added to the pod/rocket or is it all included in RPM?

I play Career mode - will i get it later when I unlock it with science?

I tried to read the manual and OP, but I guess I don't understand any of it.

Edit: It seems I'll receive an external camera on T2... guess I'll try that first :)

Edit 2: Stupid me, just had to wait for the cam to show up in the tech tree.

Edited by EasyAce

Can someone please make a step-by-step guide to get the ext cam to work?

I have RPM, ScanSat and Vessel view working. What I lack is the ext cameras and engine igniter (which is installed but wont work with RPM)

Are there any other mods I need? Do I need camera parts added to the pod/rocket or is it all included in RPM?

I play Career mode - will i get it later when I unlock it with science?

I tried to read the manual and OP, but I guess I don't understand any of it.

Edit: It seems I'll receive an external camera on T2... guess I'll try that first :)

external cameras are added as separate part. you see a blue cone indicating field of view. right click on the added camera and set it's ID # between 1~8 in VAB or after Launch. the one included with RPM should have a black dot indicating the up direction.

external cameras are added as separate part. you see a blue cone indicating field of view. right click on the added camera and set it's ID # between 1~8 in VAB or after Launch. the one included with RPM should have a black dot indicating the up direction.

Yes thank you. Found it. :)

Only trouble now is with Vessel View - it seems impossible to find my science parts so I can toggle, activate and gather science while in IVA.

Either it is not possible to scroll (solar panels clutters the upper end of the list) or Vessel view can't find my science parts.

Regarding the grey screen problem with 0.90, are the screens there but blank/grey or are the screens not there and there is just the stock grey control/instrument board?

edit:

Nevermind that first bit. I figured out why I wasn't getting the screens. For some reason CKAN doesn't install the RPMModPatches folder. I had CKAN install RPM 3 times all resulting in no modified internals. Finally I did a manual install and noticed a 3rd folder in JSI that wasn't there with CKAN.

Edited by Invader Myk

Bumped for "official" testing release. I have posted a full RasterPropMonitor package dev build.

NEW FEATURES:

* New variables TGTDISTANCESCALEDX and TGTDISTANCESCALEDY to allow for better docking support in the MFD, courtesy artwhaley.

* New variables SASMODE* to report the current SAS mode.

* New crew info suffixes for TITLE, LEVEL, and EXPERIENCE, along with an update to the sample MFD to report crew title.

* An optional MFD page for NavyFish's Docking Port Alignment Indicator (version 6.0), courtesy NavyFish (requires DPAI to be installed to use).

FIXES:

* TGTRELX, Y, and Z, courtesy artwhaley.

* 0.90 compatibility.

This DLL is built from the RPM source on GitHub (link on the first post of this thread), and it maintains the existing license.

The DPAI RPM works for me (0.9, x86 and a ton of mods), although I haven't really docked anything yet (it's there and the buttons work, indicators are moving ;) thx very much. It's very helpful together with the docking cam

I now even "hacked" a cfg for the B9-cockpits for myself :)

Ok, so I just started with RPM, aside from a toying with it months ago this is a first real attempt at it. I put some cameras on my plane and the first thing I noticed was the only way to change cameras was by clicking the same button multiple times. If you only have 2 cameras you have to cycle through all the no-camera spots to get back. My question is, why would it be that way when you have left and right arrows not being used? Is there something I'm missing?

Believe RPM should allow integration of MechJeb. And indeed, with the 18.3 package, a MechJebRPM.dll is included, certainly for that purpose. I have RPM (updated to 18.3) and MechJeb (2.4.2.0-399) (plus some more add-ons that integrate in RPM: VesselView, SCANsat, DPAI 6, all working). But RPM only shows a menu about the autopilot, where no button/selection work, while this Exception is raised each time I try something with that page:

MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'MuMech.MechJebModuleSmartASS.Engage'.

at JSI.MonitorPage.GlobalButtonClick (Int32 buttonID) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at JSI.RasterPropMonitor.GlobalButtonClick (Int32 buttonID) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at JSI.SmarterButton.OnMouseDown () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

UnityEngine.GameObject:SendMessage(String, Object, SendMessageOptions)

UnityEngine.HitInfo:SendMessage(String)

UnityEngine.SendMouseEvents:SendEvents(Int32, HitInfo)

UnityEngine.SendMouseEvents:DoSendMouseEvents(Int32, Int32)

Any idea what could be wrong?

Believe RPM should allow integration of MechJeb. And indeed, with the 18.3 package, a MechJebRPM.dll is included, certainly for that purpose. I have RPM (updated to 18.3) and MechJeb (2.4.2.0-399) (plus some more add-ons that integrate in RPM: VesselView, SCANsat, DPAI 6, all working). But RPM only shows a menu about the autopilot, where no button/selection work, while this Exception is raised each time I try something with that page:

Any idea what could be wrong?

Have you tried the 0.90 updates I've made? Or are you using the 18.3 release that Mihara made a while back? Last time I tried MJ in RPM (two days ago) it worked, and that DLL is available from this post.

Have you tried the 0.90 updates I've made? Or are you using the 18.3 release that Mihara made a while back? Last time I tried MJ in RPM (two days ago) it worked, and that DLL is available from this post.

Many thanks for your help.

Was using your update over a RPM 0.18.3, anyway installed the dev19 version you suggested. Unfortunately, same result, that autopilot page seems completely frozen on the first menu, only other page selection buttons work, and the exception in the log still shows.

MechJeb seems correctly installed, and works on its own. RPM seems to be installed correctly (according to the folder structure) and all other add-ons interact with it flawlessly. Of course ModuleManager (v. 2.5.9) is installed. Even had a look in the MFD40x20.cfg, but nothing tells me an error exists in there (page 'D' has the Pagehandler set to MechJebRPM, that seems should do fine with the MechJebRPM.dll in the RPM install). Can't discount at this time that specific MJ version (2.4.2.0-399) has an issue, but before asking for help in the MJ camp I would like to be sure all is normal with RPM.

Many thanks for your help.

Was using your update over a RPM 0.18.3, anyway installed the dev19 version you suggested. Unfortunately, same result, that autopilot page seems completely frozen on the first menu, only other page selection buttons work, and the exception in the log still shows.

MechJeb seems correctly installed, and works on its own. RPM seems to be installed correctly (according to the folder structure) and all other add-ons interact with it flawlessly. Of course ModuleManager (v. 2.5.9) is installed. Even had a look in the MFD40x20.cfg, but nothing tells me an error exists in there (page 'D' has the Pagehandler set to MechJebRPM, that seems should do fine with the MechJebRPM.dll in the RPM install). Can't discount at this time that specific MJ version (2.4.2.0-399) has an issue, but before asking for help in the MJ camp I would like to be sure all is normal with RPM.

Unfortunately, the MJ camp won't be able to help on this - if there's a problem, it's in RPM. I'll go back and look at the menus. I usually interact with the MJ RPM buttons, not the menu, so I may have missed something.

Apart from this MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'MuMech.MechJebModuleSmartASS.Engage'. that I'm also having, the KSP-AVC is reporting that rasterpropmonitor is build to run on KSP 0.25. Im using the

RasterPropMonitor-dev19.zip version and

MechJeb2-2.4.2.0-401

RPM 0.19 dev build updated.

FIXES:

* Recompiled against MechJeb dev build #400 to remove (hopefully) the MME errors - I didn't see any in my log after testing (RPM was previously compiled against MJ dev #392).

* Update AVC info (note that the version on-line won't be updated for a few more hours).

FEATURES:

* Callbacks for SAS mode control, so IVA / prop makers can allow for control of SAS mode from IVA.

* Custom variables can be defined, so if an IVA maker doesn't like how various compound alarms work, he or she can define a new alarm.

Is there any way to get the survey contract navigation icons to show up on the RPM NavBall like they do on the other NavBall?

Yes, maybe? I'll admit I've never really played career mode, so I'll have to do quite a bit of figuring before I'd commit to the feature, but I'll add it to the GitHub issues list.