[1.12.3+] RealChute Parachute Systems v1.4.9.4 | 02/06/24

stupid_chris

I'm having a issue while loading, it gets stuck here: http://prntscr.com/44wzjh, im using the RO mod and RSS aswell, but in the RO folder there is no such file or path: http://prntscr.com/44wzrw

Any idea what's causing this? And ty Chris, this is one of the most enjoyable mods i'm using on KSP.

edit:

log entry: http://prntscr.com/44x1d2

RSS is not updated yet to the new RealChute. so yeah, remove the RSS chutes for now I guess.

So I was having the same issue. A "Nearly" Clean re-install (I deleted all my mods out of GameData, then Did a Refresh via Steam...) After 8 attempts by loading only one file at a time, I deleted RealChute out of my game completely. Verified that the game loaded. Noticed I had some issues with Stock chutes, so I re-downloaded again via Steam.

Long story short, at some point back in the day an older version of RealChute had put a file in my SQUAD directory under Gamedata with stock chutes. I deleted that file, re-installed Realchutes and Viola! I am up and running on X64.

Yeah, this is why I reccomend clean new installs with the new version, because any forgotten thing could break another thing.

Could you make a 1.5 metre parachute? I don't want to make a 1.5 metre rocket and have a parachute that's as big as the command pod.

You can change the size as said right above me.

Does anyone know if Mechjeb recognises Realchutes' 'chutes as such? For example, will it use them in the landing autopilot if you tell it to use parachutes?

Thanks

Ias

No, but last I hear Sarbian is on it.

2 launches. One with the "Radish" capsule, then when this happened, the good old Mk1 pod.

Booster is an RT-10, with a decoupler between it and the pod.

I launch, tip over to 45 degrees headed due east with SAS on, turn off SAS and decouple booster at burn out.

Both times, the capsule flipped over and flew heat shield first, as it should. After apogee, it slowly turned over and continued to fall heat shield first.

When the "Real Chute Cone Chute" is triggered, the capsule flips and starts falling nose first with the teathers going back through the capsule.

When the deployment altitude is reached, the chutes unfurl and the capsule ACCELERATES to 1000m/s+ breaking the chute, the sound barrier, and the kerbals inside....

It's like the whole force vector is backaswards...

Thoughts?

Never mind... that's what I get for mucking with things when I don't know what they do.... :D

Edited by tg626

2 launches. One with the "Radish" capsule, then when this happened, the good old Mk1 pod.

Booster is an RT-10, with a decoupler between it and the pod.

I launch, tip over to 45 degrees headed due east with SAS on, turn off SAS and decouple booster at burn out.

Both times, the capsule flipped over and flew heat shield first, as it should. After apogee, it slowly turned over and continued to fall heat shield first.

When the "Real Chute Cone Chute" is triggered, the capsule flips and starts falling nose first with the teathers going back through the capsule.

When the deployment altitude is reached, the chutes unfurl and the capsule ACCELERATES to 1000m/s+ breaking the chute, the sound barrier, and the kerbals inside....

It's like the whole force vector is backaswards...

Thoughts?

Never mind... that's what I get for mucking with things when I don't know what they do.... :D

Heh, someone tried the april fool's joke.

Will this update also break in flight vessels that doesn't have RS parachute and stock parachutes?

No, vessels without any trace of RealChute will be perfectly fine :)

That said guys, releasing one last bugfix, because that one was easy to get through, v1.2.2 is up!

Changelog:

July 21th 2014
v1.2.2
-Fixed a bug where stock chutes with RealChute configuration would break upon reload
-Added a way to remove the Action Groups GUI from the ProceduralChute if needed

The only remaining big problem is that all other chutes not using a TextureLibrary as for stock chutes and the RealChute parts will have non-functional animations. I'm trying to figure that one really hard, but this is by far one of the sneakiest bug I had to hunt, and I still have no clue what the problem is.

Anyway, this should put the mod in a very well playable state for a while, enjoy people!

Cheers :)

With the latest bugfix, now I have a problem where placing chutes in symmetry mode only shows one icon in the staging, and seems to cause me some odd behavior on launch like there is uneven weight or drag that pulls to one side. Also, clicking on the other symmetry counterparts in the action menu doesn't show a proper full menu.

8FAA0536976D97B6693A2D84C31B1E579B5D0FDD

Edited by Castun

With the latest bugfix, now I have a problem where placing chutes in symmetry mode only shows one icon in the staging, and seems to cause me some odd behavior on launch like there is uneven weight or drag that pulls to one side. Also, clicking on the other symmetry counterparts in the action menu doesn't show a proper full menu.

http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/575650634513194248/8FAA0536976D97B6693A2D84C31B1E579B5D0FDD/

That really looks like the symptoms of a bad install.

I'm a bit unclear on replacing the parts. Is it possible to do it by editing the save file to use on ships in flight?

Yes it would, but it would be hard and probably long unless you know my API by heart and know what is what precisely. You can try, but editing save files is very risky.

Yes it would, but it would be hard and probably long unless you know my API by heart and know what is what precisely. You can try, but editing save files is very risky.

It SHOULD be really easy given that it's just a big text file, but I had an easier time hex editing binary save files back in the day (for... just about any game) :(

http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/575650634513194248/8FAA0536976D97B6693A2D84C31B1E579B5D0FDD/

I can also confirm this bug

Edited by Walsht9
Forgot quote

I have same bug too.

I removed all 1.2.1 files and put 1.2.2 files, but this happened.

That really looks like the symptoms of a bad install.

I did a fresh install of Real Chutes by deleting the folder and replacing with latest version. Also, I have the full menu when clicking on the PRIMARY chute I placed, but the symmetry counterparts are where the problem is. The primary shows up in staging but the symmetry counterparts do not.

I'm also getting the same problem, with a fresh install. Maybe its a conflict with another mod?

I can give you my mod list if that helps.

Yup, fresh install of Real Chutes here too. Only running a handful of basic mods which never caused a problem with Real Chutes before.

Here's a log and screenshots for that symmetry bug. Play on 32 bit stock with realchute without MM this time.

When I deploy them, All of chute cone model change to deployed stage, but only 1 show the parachute.

Also, I see "null" spam in a log.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/63014677/1%20Chute%20deploy%20bug.zip

Edited by Pulsar

I'm having a problem with the editor windows in the action group menu being too small. I'm running at 1600x900 res with no other issues as far as I can tell. The editor window is a little too narrow to read everything, but the height looks to be set to the absolute minimum possible :/ Is there a way to adjust or fix the window sizes? Right now that's the only thing stopping me from a launch XP Any and all help is appreciated, and thanks for the awesome mod

One more (very old) bug: it's not possible to repack chutes if not all were deployed. This can happen with e.g. SDHI if you open chutes below 2 km. The main parachute opens while the drogue stays closed since it has auto-cut set to 2 km. This issue can also be reproduced with RC_stack parachute.