[1.12.X] RealChute Parachute Systems v1.4.8.3 | 24/01/21

stupid_chris

Okay guys, here goes nothing http://www.twitch.tv/stupid_chris

Warning: I might play heavy music. Sorry about that. Also, I'm running all of this on a laptop... there might be skips. At least it's something.

That actually worked pretty good. Interesting....

I find that Ozzy works best for me when writing code....

With stock parachutes you get a blue "armed" state that's really handy when working with RT2 delays of a couple minutes. I noticed RC doesn't do this armed state or maybe just not the colored icon.

Eh, no, RealChute does not have that armed state, on purpose of removing the furstration when you accidentally press space in space without wanting to.

You know that those separate downloads are not necessary? You can stuff all those MM files into your own mod folder, and they'll load once they detect parts they're supposed to modify.

You know that those separate downloads are not necessary? You can stuff all those MM files into your own mod folder, and they'll load once they detect parts they're supposed to modify.
It's hard to do so without knowledge of the content of the missing file.

Anyway, i tried to put the realchute-module into the stock-chutes by myself:

@PART[parachuteRadial]
{
@sound_parachute_open = rcpredeploy
sound_parachute_single = rcdeploy

!MODULE[ModuleParachute]{}

MODULE
{
name = RealChuteModule
preDeployedDrag = 1
deployedDrag = 500
stowedDrag = 0.22
minDeploymentAlt = 40000
deploymentAlt = 700
cutAlt = -1
timer = 0
mustGoDown = false
preDeploymentSpeed = 2
deploymentSpeed = 6
cutSpeed = 0.5
preDeploymentAnimation = semiDeploy
deploymentAnimation = fullDeploy
parachuteName = Canopy
capName = Cap
spareChutes = -1
secondaryChute = false
}
}

But it don't work. The Chute-Icons vanish from the staging-list, the Debug-console shows lines like

[Log]: dT is NaN! tA: 1.65253508090973, E: 0, M: 0, T: NaN

I can rightclick on the cutes, and try to activate this thing by "Deploy Chute", but the only result in a line like above. There is no visualy change, even if i click again and again on the "Deploy Chute"-Button. At some point (i mean at a hight around 5000 meters) the chute-modules on the vessel disapear, the debug-log shows a

[Log]: parachuteRadial Exploded!! - blast awesomeness: 0.5

(I don't see any explosion, not even a half awesome one like suggested by the logline ;) )

So can anyone help me to get this thing working?

Edited by Jasmir

Eh, no, RealChute does not have that armed state, on purpose of removing the furstration when you accidentally press space in space without wanting to.

Those are two different ideas, no? I could see disabling the spacebar-parachute link but the armed-state is a different ball of wax. I guess I'd save myself a lot of white hairs to start kOS scripting these landings for better first run chances of success.

on purpose of removing the furstration when you accidentally press space in space without wanting to.

That sounds like an error between desk and chair, not an issue that needs coding to resolve.

I suggest placing the 'arming' feature as an unassigned action group command. That seems like the most logical way to get it out of the way while leaving it available.

I suggest placing the 'arming' feature as an unassigned action group command. That seems like the most logical way to get it out of the way while leaving it available.

Yeah, that sounds like a good idea. I'll try to pack this for next update. As for the stock MM file, I'll reupload now.

Disreguard my report on staging causing a parachute hangup untill or if i can get it to fire on a regular basis. Been trying all day with no luck so far that it may have been an error on my part.

Alright. I've informed Nathan anyway in case.

Also, I've been trying to fix the action group bug. It's a little more tricky than expected, and the problem is with dual chutes only, reason why people using sumghai's SDHI are having the problem. I know how to fix it, and the earlier idea to "arm" the parachute should help fixing it. I'll get that buckled up for the next update while sumghai finishes the parts.

Oh, one other thing. I tried making a rocket with deploying chutes from on a jettisoned stage. (Deploy at jettison.) Works with normal chutes, but the Real Chutes don't seem to register/deploy one the external craft.

That was fixed with v0.2.1, make sure you are using the updated plugin.

Very nice! Maybe re-texture the parachutes so main has blue, drogue has orange and drag has green (because it seems sensible) That way it's easy to tell them apart just by looking :)

That's already planned, and green is also the colour we had planned for drag chutes :P

Fixing the stock MM file now, couldn't do it earlier, internet at school gave up.

EDIT: There, it's back and working now :)

Edited by stupid_chris

This is a short segment of animation tests I was doing some time ago, that I mentioned. I think I will come back to it these days.. These could be turned into loops and actually used in KSP

Edited by nothke

Very nice! Maybe re-texture the parachutes so main has blue, drogue has orange and drag has green (because it seems sensible) That way it's easy to tell them apart just by looking :)
That's already planned, and green is also the colour we had planned for drag chutes :P

Weeeeell... as of right now, the main chutes have alternating orange and white gores in the canopy, while the drogues / drag chutes are completely white.

The blue/orange/green scheme is for the casings.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.