[1.12.X] RealChute Parachute Systems v1.4.8.3 | 24/01/21

stupid_chris

Me and several other have had this problem too. Also more people are having this issue since .90. I fixed it by doing a fresh install, fresh install of all up to date mods, then imported my game save in. Also does one of your symptoms include a disappeared chute staging icon? Also this is not limited to the MK chute. Hope chris can look into it after his vacation.

It's fixed already.

I've always set them manually in the VAB before flight. Never had trouble changing it to 1.5km there.

Eventually, I made this MM config to set a few of them automatically:

{
@MODULE[RealChuteModule]
{
@PARACHUTE
{
@minDeployment = 1500
}
}
}

@PART[RC_cone_double]:Final
{
@MODULE[RealChuteModule]
{
@PARACHUTE,1
{
@minDeployment = 3000
@deploymentAlt = 2000
}
}
}

@PART[RC_radial]:Final
{
@MODULE[RealChuteModule]
{
@PARACHUTE
{
@minDeployment = 1500
}
}
}

@PART[RC_stack]:Final
{
@MODULE[RealChuteModule]
{
@PARACHUTE,*
{
@minDeployment = 1500
}
}
}
@PART[RC_cone]:Final

I never understood why the default deployment gotta be so high up anyway. :)

I hope that's useful.

Is there a way to stop parachutes appearing in the utility tab in the VAB/SPH and only in the chutes tab?

- - - Updated - - -

My OCD is going crazy because of it :P

- - - Updated - - -

Could you also please please please add the extra chutes added by ven's stock revamp when you have the time, thanks.

kissminion.gif

Is there a way to stop parachutes appearing in the utility tab in the VAB/SPH and only in the chutes tab?

- - - Updated - - -

My OCD is going crazy because of it :P

- - - Updated - - -

Could you also please please please add the extra chutes added by ven's stock revamp when you have the time, thanks.

http://www.lizzycharles.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/kissminion.gif

1) Yes, you can do it yourself by setting the "categroy = Utility" in the part configs to -1 or none. I considered doing this by ModuleManager, but I'd rather not mess too much with stock as it might confuse some people.

2) I'll look at it for the next update whenever that is.

It's fixed already.

It was fixed a while ago, then this week I reinstalled all the mods with CKAN and those bugs are there again.

Version is 1.2.6.3 is CKAN

EDIT: downloaded it from your link, removed ALL previous version of it and still get those bugs with stock chute.....

Edited by genbrien

I have this weird issue on multiple different saves ( and even game copies) that sometime into the save ( almost done with all tier 4 right now in science) and randomly out of no where i cannot change the size of the real chute cone. Anyone know what this is caused by?

1) Yes, you can do it yourself by setting the "categroy = Utility" in the part configs to -1 or none. I considered doing this by ModuleManager, but I'd rather not mess too much with stock as it might confuse some people.

Excellent!

Hello... im having problems with parachutes at 6.000 mts... i lose sight of my ship...

You say it has been fixed? Did I miss an update?! I have been using RC for the last two weeks and the error only appeard four days ago ... does the bug always occur with any part in the faulty version?

Will check back home and do a complete reinstall of RC.

Edit:

No, I am using the version available for download in the OP.

Can the bug still happen with previously saved ships - like the stock KerbalX?

Edited by KerbMav

EDIT: downloaded it from your link, removed ALL previous version of it and still get those bugs with stock chute.....
Edit:

No, I am using the version available for download in the OP.

Can the bug still happen with previously saved ships - like the stock KerbalX?

Yes, It /will/ happen with previously saved shipped. Use brand new save files, new ship files, everything that is in flight or saved with the bug will have the bug. This is nothing new, I've been saying this ever since 1.2 came out over six months ago.

I seem to have lost the ability to change the size of the Real Chute parts. Still have the Toggle Info button, but not the previous or next size buttons. Only thing I can think of that I changed was upgrading to MM 2.5.9 from 2.5.8 but reverting doesn't fix it.

I seem to have lost the ability to change the size of the Real Chute parts. Still have the Toggle Info button, but not the previous or next size buttons. Only thing I can think of that I changed was upgrading to MM 2.5.9 from 2.5.8 but reverting doesn't fix it.

It's in the Action Group editor. Click the Action Group editor then click the chute part.

If you were resizing from any place other than the AG editor then you were using tweak scale and not Real Chute's own supported resizing system.

It's in the Action Group editor. Click the Action Group editor then click the chute part.

If you were resizing from any place other than the AG editor then you were using tweak scale and not Real Chute's own supported resizing system.

Nope. Before the action groups get unlocked, you can resize RealChute through the right click menu. Those options disappear when you unlock the action groups though.

Nope. Before the action groups get unlocked, you can resize RealChute through the right click menu. Those options disappear when you unlock the action groups though.

That would explain it! Thanks for the info.

BTW, I know it's not the right thread for it, but any news on updating your stock rebalance mod? =P

d'oh!

That's what happens from being stuck in the sandbox. I'm doing so much testing these days of mods that I'm overseeing that I haven't played in Career in awhile :(

@stupid_chris: Where does the toolbar icon get its file from? Is it the one in Plugins/PluginData?

It either is a bit smaller than the icons of the other mods I use or I don't know how to keep ATM from resizing it…

@stupid_chris: Where does the toolbar icon get its file from? Is it the one in Plugins/PluginData?

It either is a bit smaller than the icons of the other mods I use or I don't know how to keep ATM from resizing it…

Yes its from there, and the icons are exactly the size used by the game, so no scaling artiffacts. If ATM resize them, see that with rbray

Proposals about the GUI:

Currently, it is rather cluttered, because of all the many options. Unfortunatelly, most of them are probably used by some users. However, at least two mostly are just aesthetic, and probably never have to be changed between vessels, so i propose to remove them from the GUI:

- Predeployment speed

- Deployment speed

In fact, removing those might clear up confusion - some people probably think the above is about the VESSEL SPEED at which chutes deploy - but nope, this is just how fast the chutes deploy once activated.

Other minor tweaks to the GUI:

- Add an X button to close the window and apply settings. I know you can just click elsewhere, but the intuitive reaction is to look for a close button.

- Remove the confirmation dialog about settings having been applied. If i click apply, i expect that it worked, unless i get an error message. It just adds another unneccessary step in the GUI

---

A last proposal, unrelated to the gui:

In the config files, have a setting to globally scale the model size of parachutes. What it is like now might perhaps be realistic, but in terms of usability, the chutes often obscure my view because of their size.

Proposals about the GUI:

- Remove the confirmation dialog about settings having been applied. If i click apply, i expect that it worked, unless i get an error message. It just adds another unneccessary step in the GUI

I like some kind of confirmation, but I agree it does not have to be window - a three second long readout might do it.

Also found the information I overlooked last time, although it was a bit hidden. :wink:

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.