[1.12.X] RealChute Parachute Systems v1.4.8.3 | 24/01/21

stupid_chris

Logs, please.

Here's the relevant part of the log:

[LOG 13:33:30.312] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'RealChute/Parts/cone_chute/RC_cone'
[LOG 13:33:30.344] [RealChute]: Loading settings file.
[LOG 13:33:30.384] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'RealChute/Parts/cone_double_chute/RC_cone_double'
[LOG 13:33:30.435] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'RealChute/Parts/radial_chute/RC_radial'
[ERR 13:33:30.449] Cannot find module 'RealChuteModule' (-152727473)

[EXC 13:33:30.452] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
RealChute.ProceduralChute.LoadChutes ()
RealChute.ProceduralChute.OnLoad (.ConfigNode node)
PartModule.Load (.ConfigNode node)
Part.AddModule (.ConfigNode node)
PartLoader.ParsePart (.UrlConfig urlConfig, .ConfigNode node)
PartLoader+.MoveNext ()
[LOG 13:33:39.744] [AS] removing 0 unused target parts
[LOG 13:34:15.124] [AS] removing 0 unused target parts
[LOG 13:34:50.152] [AS] removing 0 unused target parts
[LOG 13:35:24.555] [AS] removing 0 unused target parts
[LOG 13:35:58.001] [AS] removing 0 unused target parts
[LOG 13:36:33.942] [AS] removing 0 unused target parts
[LOG 13:37:07.492] [AS] removing 0 unused target parts
[LOG 13:37:41.153] [AS] removing 0 unused target parts
[LOG 13:38:14.422] [AS] removing 0 unused target parts
[LOG 13:38:47.146] [AS] removing 0 unused target parts
[LOG 13:39:19.285] [AS] removing 0 unused target parts
[LOG 13:39:53.505] [AS] removing 0 unused target parts
[LOG 13:40:27.024] [AS] removing 0 unused target parts
[LOG 13:40:39.293] [SmokeScreen ModelMultiParticlePersistFX] OnDestroy
[LOG 13:40:39.294] [SmokeScreen ModelMultiParticlePersistFX] OnDestroy
[LOG 13:40:39.304] [SmokeScreen ModelMultiParticlePersistFX] OnDestroy
[LOG 13:40:39.305] [SmokeScreen ModelMultiParticlePersistFX] OnDestroy

Here's the relevant part of the log:

A snippet of the log is not enough. I need the whole log.

I can already tell you that your installation of RealChute is borked though. Did you read the installation info in the ReadMe file and made sure you correctly install the mod?

A snippet of the log is not enough. I need the whole log.

I can already tell you that your installation of RealChute is borked though. Did you read the installation info in the ReadMe file and made sure you correctly install the mod?

I installed it using CKAN, so I don't know if CKAN is the problem. Since putting the log into the forum itself destroys my computer, I'm putting the log on dropbox: https://www.dropbox.com/s/og1ly4usbbhe0m6/KSP.log?dl=0

I installed it using CKAN, so I don't know if CKAN is the problem. Since putting the log into the forum itself destroys my computer, I'm putting the log on dropbox: https://www.dropbox.com/s/og1ly4usbbhe0m6/KSP.log?dl=0

Yes, usually people upload the log to pastebin or dropbox or mediafire, etc. I'll take a look and I'll come back to you if I find anything.

EDIT: that's the wrong log. I need the output_log.txt, found in ~root/KSP_Data/output_log.txt.

EDIT²: After looking, seems to be installed at the correct location but something's weird. There's two things I'd try:

1) Downloading yourself from KerbalStuff or Mediafire, completely removing the current RealChute, and installing the downloaded one.

If that fails:

2) Create a copy of your GameData folder as backup, then delete all mods except RealChute to see if that works.

Edited by stupid_chris

Yes, usually people upload the log to pastebin or dropbox or mediafire, etc. I'll take a look and I'll come back to you if I find anything.

EDIT: that's the wrong log. I need the output_log.txt, found in ~root/KSP_Data/output_log.txt.

EDIT²: After looking, seems to be installed at the correct location but something's weird. There's two things I'd try:

1) Downloading yourself from KerbalStuff or Mediafire, completely removing the current RealChute, and installing the downloaded one.

If that fails:

2) Create a copy of your GameData folder as backup, then delete all mods except RealChute to see if that works.

Okay, I will put the output log and do the manual install. https://www.dropbox.com/s/w5x0fakekcs9268/output_log.txt?dl=0

EDIT: Still no luck with the manual install.

Edited by FireFaced

Is KSP installed in Program Files? If so copy it outside of there and try again. That sometimes causes issues.

No it's not, this is why I ask for the full log, amongst other things. It's in D:/Games, which is a good place for it to be, given that D is not an external drive.

I do.

Then do it. Double posting is not the best thing to do.

That being said, I couldn't know if D: is not an external drive. Given was used in a conditional form (ie: if and only if).

Now the problem seems to be coming from another mod, probably through an MM config interaction. Can't help you with this, your mod list is pretty long. You're gonna have to dig.

That's nice. I have thought a few times that a more linear opening would be better. Looks less sudden and late.

No, linear is terrible. Stock is linear. Even by extending the deployment time, it still is rough near the end because it causes a sudden jolt as it starts.. You want the area to increase slowly at first to give the time to the new cross sectional area to slow the craft down, and then catch up faster as your craft already had some time to slow down, and more area increase won't cause extreme forces. The previous curve was just a *little* too slow at the beginning. The area didn't increase substantially enough to slow the craft considerably for the sudden increase at the end. It was already better than stock, but not quite there. Parabolic (quadratic) increase of area is the way to go.

Before anyone asks about 1.0 Compatibility:

I have an update readyish. I'm going to test a few things with the released build and ship this to you in the next hour if possible. Thanks for your patience!

Sounds good, take your time, this mod is one that's worth waiting for! Thanks for your hard work! :wink:

Thanks for all your work! RealChute should be stock imho!

I'm definitely not the one you should tell that to :rolleyes: That being said, here we go

Changelog:

April 27th 2015
v1.3.2
*KSP 1.0 compatibility update*
-Updated aerodynamics reference to correctly get new atmospheric values.
-Fixed a few GUI issues all around

This is a really small update. There is a lot of stuff in 1.0 I need to do for RealChute, but this will be packaged in the next major update which will be packaged soon. This will include:

-Parachutes potentially burning up on reentry

-Updated spare chutes mechanics

-EVA chutes

-RealChute subscribing to the Engineer's Report

-Other cool stuff :)

For now, enjoy the release! Cheers :)

Some NullReferenceException with this new update, I had this when testing on a flight and inmediatly after launch the parachutes dissappeared from the staging. Also at the editors after reverting to VAB, the mod parachute tweakening screen doesn't appear.

Some NullReferenceException with this new update, I had this when testing on a flight and inmediatly after launch the parachutes dissappeared from the staging. Also at the editors after reverting to VAB, the mod parachute tweakening screen doesn't appear.

Can't help you at all with this information.

Yo, stupid_chris, I'm considering to make airplanes that land assisted by parachutes(mostly for Duna, though I might use 'em for Laythe as well), and for that I'm going to need 'chutes which have way more than 10 spares. Is there a way to work around this?

2.0 is gonna patch this up. For now you can set it to higher in a config.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.