[1.12.X] RealChute Parachute Systems v1.4.8.3 | 24/01/21

stupid_chris

Hey, I'm curious. I miss the old legacy 'pancake' inline, side mount, and cone-shaped parachutes. Now the mod seems to only include three parachutes and no way of changing this, despite it saying they're included.

How can I get them back? :(

Hey, I'm curious. I miss the old legacy 'pancake' inline, side mount, and cone-shaped parachutes. Now the mod seems to only include three parachutes and no way of changing this, despite it saying they're included.

How can I get them back? :(

The mod includes four parachutes, the inline, the cone, the cone double, and the radial. The old parts are absolutely useless now given you can make any part from those four.

Is there away to have the Chute button on the toolbar ? And it would be nice if there was a mod that added all the MODULE Gui buttons to the windows editter.

Toolbar integration is not happening as I've said it multiple times before. Perhaps integration to the AppLauncher, but not now for sure.

As for the second part of your request I'm really not sure what you mean. Module GUI buttons? If you mean integrating all the stock tweakables to the RealChute editor window, that also is not going to happen, not only because that's a bad idea, but because that would be ridiculous to code

The mod includes four parachutes, the inline, the cone, the cone double, and the radial. The old parts are absolutely useless now given you can make any part from those four.

The old one had small and large, drogue and regular, and radial drogue and regular. How do I 'make' a drogue chute?

sooo... the update broke pretty much everything that used RC... i think some parts changed names or such? i think i updated from the first version that had the new editing method

edit: disregard... user error, i updated to an old version....

Edited by Commissar

The old one had small and large, drogue and regular, and radial drogue and regular. How do I 'make' a drogue chute?

As Master Tao said, you can do everything you want with the provided parts.

sooo... the update broke pretty much everything that used RC... i think some parts changed names or such? i think i updated from the first version that had the new editing method

edit: disregard... user error, i updated to an old version....

Well at least its fixed but you shouldn't expect updates to be backwards compatible.

I'm using some other mods, but after this latest update of RealChute all of my parachutes have ceased to function whatsoever. The chutes do not show up in the staging menu in the VAB or after launch, and right clicking while in the construction menu or in the config tab of the VAB brings up no options or editing window. So I have no working parachutes, who needs 'em anyway!

Going to start the long process of peeling off mods one a time to see if I can figure out where the conflict lies. Love RealChute -- it's one of my must have mods! If there's anything I should look at specifically that would generate these symptoms, tips are welcome!

I am using Deadly Re-entry mod, which has it's own RealChute .cfg file, would that cause issues? Also using the D.E.R.P. lifepod parts that use RealChute.

Edited by Holyvision

I'm pretty sure you have a bad installation. Don't start peeling off your mods.

Also what is so hard to get with "I need logs"? I think it'S probably the thing I said the most in the whole thread man, I can't help from just a "hi it's break need fix" :/

So yeah, your full output_log.txt would be required from this point on.

And please note that if other mods have RealChute configs, it's not to break RealChute, it's to have them compatible. Those configs help if anything.

Yo Chris, what's the difference between "tank" and not-tank sizes for your chutes?

As in this thing:

SIZE
{
size = 0.5, 0.5, 0.5
sizeID = 0.625m tank
caseMass = 0.05
topNode = 0, 0.0777, 0
topNodeSize = 0
bottomNode = 0, -0.0652, 0
bottomNodeSize = 0
cost = 600
}

Versus:

SIZE
{
size = 0.425, 0.4, 0.425
sizeID = 0.625m
caseMass = 0.05
topNode = 0, 0.06216, 0
topNodeSize = 0
bottomNode = 0, -0.05216, 0
bottomNodeSize = 0
cost = 600
}

I'm trying to get HGR's chutes up and running with your latest version (I've determined that's what's causing my 6km bug) and would like to know which is the more appropriate for the sizes of those parts.

"Tank" fits on fuel tanks (aka exactly the displayed size), while the other one fits on the pod. The top diameter of both stock pods is not the same as the one of fuel tanks this side. The presets use the normal one, so use those if creating new configs and not making a pod/tank version

"Tank" fits on fuel tanks (aka exactly the displayed size), while the other one fits on the pod. The top diameter of both stock pods is not the same as the one of fuel tanks this side. The presets use the normal one, so use those if creating new configs and not making a pod/tank version

I see. So the Size bit of the Module is just for when you're determining the size of the pack? I.e- I don't need it when I'm just adding a chute to a part that doesn't need to change sizes, right?

Hmmm... A weird offshoot of the 6km camera-offset bug now- the whole damn thing explodes after all kinds of aerodynamic effects get applied and every part just fails, even clamps left on the pad... The craft also gets "accelerated" to stupid speeds... Might be due to me fiddling with things... Probably is.

I see. So the Size bit of the Module is just for when you're determining the size of the pack? I.e- I don't need it when I'm just adding a chute to a part that doesn't need to change sizes, right?

Hmmm... A weird offshoot of the 6km camera-offset bug now- the whole damn thing explodes after all kinds of aerodynamic effects get applied and every part just fails, even clamps left on the pad... The craft also gets "accelerated" to stupid speeds... Might be due to me fiddling with things... Probably is.

The sizeID is just a string identifier. It's used for presets to change the size. It could say "banana" for all it cares about. It just identifies a size to those. But yeah, you only need SIZE{} nodes if your part will change size.

Wow, you sure you didn't accidentally enable the April Fools joke?

(which I finally got around to trying the other day; it should be illegal to have that much fun)

Ok. More news from Wacky 6km Bug Land...

So I replaced the RC compatibility config that comes with HGR with my own, in it giving the HGR inline chutes the same modules, line-for-line, as the RC modules for the stock Mk16 and stock XL chutes- taken from the RC configs that come with the mod.

On a test flight with the HGR small inline chute that was basically a probe, the chute and a stock solid booster, the camera lost focus of the vessel at the 6km mark, getting offset behind it. But then, when the craft reached the 20km mark, the camera snapped back to focus on the craft...

So I'm rather dumbfounded on what I'm doing wrong...

Here's a log for the collection: https://www.dropbox.com/s/u5y4sjnpa54cj0b/output_log.txt

18Mb....

That log is huge. Really I'd love to help, but I can't figure it with such a big log. Given you're the only one reporting those bugs on an install with 72 plugins loaded (two of them throwing loading exceptions Tweakscale is not happy with your install), I'm going to asusme something else is messing up with it.

18Mb....

That log is huge. Really I'd love to help, but I can't figure it with such a big log. Given you're the only one reporting those bugs on an install with 72 plugins loaded (two of them throwing loading exceptions Tweakscale is not happy with your install), I'm going to asusme something else is messing up with it.

Yeah, that's an apt assessment... I'll see if I can't reproduce the issue on a clean install...

I'm using some other mods, but after this latest update of RealChute all of my parachutes have ceased to function whatsoever. The chutes do not show up in the staging menu in the VAB or after launch, and right clicking while in the construction menu or in the config tab of the VAB brings up no options or editing window. So I have no working parachutes, who needs 'em anyway!

Going to start the long process of peeling off mods one a time to see if I can figure out where the conflict lies. Love RealChute -- it's one of my must have mods! If there's anything I should look at specifically that would generate these symptoms, tips are welcome!

I am using Deadly Re-entry mod, which has it's own RealChute .cfg file, would that cause issues? Also using the D.E.R.P. lifepod parts that use RealChute.

I am having the same issue. Here's my log.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7nff472gaptxwq0/output_log.txt

Hope this helps. Anyway, thanks for the great mod!

Edited by Qohelet

I have wished for ballutes since the begging..... ones that can be packed around vessel and used like in the movie 2010....

would be very kool.......

Maybe I'm mistaken but that would be deployable "airbags" to minimize impact, not real ballutes which work like parachutes for deceleration, right?

roverdude made some (they don't work for .24 yet): http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/83134-23-5-Deployable-Airbags-(plugin-version)-v0-1-3-2014-06-18

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.