bad neighborhood

Kruleworld

hmmm, there is actually quite a bit of crime in this solar system. I've not had my wheels jacked before, but I've quite often had solar panels pinched while parked on planets with atmo's. I've learnt to always lock solar panels away before going for a hike but you can't do that with tyres, at least you can re inflate them!

but I've quite often had solar panels pinched while parked on planets with atmo's.

I particularly liked the comment about that when I was watching your Constelation video.

Just the other night, I had a whole space shuttle stollen. Yep.

Sh'tuule TT was on its way to Minmus, to serve as my base's emergency return vehicle.

Next time I played, it was gone.

Nothing of it in map view, tracking station, kerbal alarm clock, nope, nada.

There is a tiny chance it impacted Minmus while I was doing something with another member of that flotilla, but I'm sure it didn't have that low a periapsis.

Lucky it was unmanned, and there weren't any kerbals abducted as well.

Edited by Tw1

I remember one day having the legs pinched off my my Mun lander! While is was still in orbit! Twice!

Probably a similar kind of invisible creatures as the pen and sock steeling ones we have here on earth.

*snip Just the other night, I had a whole space shuttle stollen. snip*

A whole ship stolen!! wtf! Call the Kolice! I've not had that happen thankfully! Maddening!

As others have mentioned the theft of solar panels, just fyi, its to do with having a craft on a planet with an atmo and the craft being loaded as you approach it. Momentary forces act on it as if it was moving through the atmo and that breaks the panels. You just have to remember to fold them up before leaving a craft when in an atmo.

I wonder if a similar thing is causing the wheels to be broken, loading forces pushing the craft against the ground too hard or something?

I wonder if a similar thing is causing the wheels to be broken, loading forces pushing the craft against the ground too hard or something?

It reminds me of a problem I had with a vehicle I landed on Minmus, each time I reloaded, the thing would jump up ten meters with the wheels broken. I suspected something was up with the terrain and the wheel's colliders, and added on legs with a kerbal and KAS's part attaching feature. It was fine after that.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.