[0.23]asmi's ECLSS Mod (current version - 1.0.15) - Life Support Mod

asmi

Welp, now when you EVA (at least from a B9 cockpit .. have to test more) your kerbals simply disappear forever.

Love the mod but it seems like one step forwards two steps back haha dunno how you get the patience asmi. Also it didnt crash so im not sure how i "log" that

Welp, now when you EVA (at least from a B9 cockpit .. have to test more) your kerbals simply disappear forever.

Love the mod but it seems like one step forwards two steps back haha dunno how you get the patience asmi. Also it didnt crash so im not sure how i "log" that

Did your Kerbal disappear along with your logs!? It's a conspiracy!

Don't need to crash. just go in the folder that Nathan mentioned above! ^_^

This also occurs with KSP Interstellar with the science lab, i'm thinking the Kerbal goes EVA without taking any O2 and is killed by the plugin. The log says it goes EVA and then is killed...... Even thou I have O2 on board since they die if you don't.

Logs

I did a search for EVA in the log and found it pretty fast.

- From now on, when kerbal goes onto EVA, he takes RCS and oxygen from vessel's tanks. Upon return, any excess resources are returned to vessel tanks. Be careful - if there is no RCS onboard, kerbal might not be able to return to the vessel!!!

Just a thought, and rather minor, but shouldn't the first EVA be free? That is the suit's EVA primary life support pack/maneuvering system (o2/rcs) is already fully charged at launch. If a Kerbal EVAs, then when he returns the suit is depleted by whatever resources are consumed during the EVA. If subsequent EVAs are made then the suit/pack needs to be replenished from the resources in the vessel to ensure it's full prior to the next EVA commencing. If the ship has no RCS then only the o2 is replenished. If there is no subsequent EVA no resources are taken from the vessel.

Edited by tecknobabble

This also occurs with KSP Interstellar with the science lab, i'm thinking the Kerbal goes EVA without taking any O2 and is killed by the plugin. The log says it goes EVA and then is killed...... Even thou I have O2 on board since they die if you don't.

Logs

I did a search for EVA in the log and found it pretty fast.

Did you notice any other odd behavior on that vessel? Check if ECLSS display shows accurate information (or even any at all).

I see this in your log: OverflowException: Resulting timespan is too big. That is very suspicious. Did you make any manual modifications?

Edited by asmi

Other then changing the small O2 tanks to hold 40000 instead of 400 no.

It worked pretty good until I tried EVA'ing. Poor Kerbal was one of my smartest to....

The kerbals also died if I tried launching the vessal without O2 tanks :rolleyes: I think that is to be expected thou lol.

Edit. I alt+tabed out of the game a few times could that have caused any issues?

Edited by Donziboy2

Ok, will give that a try.

I just ran 2 tests on a sandbox save with no active vessals. 1 test had a mk1-2, hitchhiker and science lab from KSPI. No kerbals died and it worked. Second test I launched just a science lab and no kerbals died again. I find it weird, they die in a career save and live in a sandbox save.

Edit. Tried 1.0.11, still killed kerbs.

Logs

Edited by Donziboy2

OK, here is the deal....

I loaded my large ship from my career into my sandbox, and proceeded to kill kerbals....So I started tearing the ship down one piece at a time(or 50), i pretty much ran out of parts and kerbs were still EVAing without supplies. So i put a normal command pod on and BANG it worked, all kerbs after that nomatter what ship I loaded or used in sandbox worked and got resources. Even the original ship that was killing kerbs worked. I even quit the game and came back and kerbs would not EVA with resources until I launched a ship with a Squad Command pod.

So apparently all or some of the none Squad parts that can house kerbals do not load something that the stock pods do that allows for resources to be added to the EVA's.

I'm really digging this mod, but I must say the performance issues are killing it for me. I'm running KSP on a top of the line rig and in the last fifteen months of playing this game with all kinds of mods this is the first time it's brought my experience down to the level of my crappy laptop.

The rate of consumption seems a little unforgiving as well. A large 2 meter tank of oxygen can't only sustain a single Kerbal for 3 days? So much for my Skylab replica...

Update, the EVA no resources also occurs with the Hitchhiker, if you use a probe body, hitchhiker, and o2 tank. The kerbals will EVA without resources.

Edit. Asmi does this have something to do with the Hitchhiker not having lifesupport resources?

Edited by Donziboy2

Update, the EVA no resources also occurs with the Hitchhiker, if you use a probe body, hitchhiker, and o2 tank. The kerbals will EVA without resources.

Edit. Asmi does this have something to do with the Hitchhiker not having lifesupport resources?

Yes, the problem is that there is no life support part module anywhere on the vessel. I'll see what I can do about it tonight.

I'm really digging this mod, but I must say the performance issues are killing it for me. I'm running KSP on a top of the line rig and in the last fifteen months of playing this game with all kinds of mods this is the first time it's brought my experience down to the level of my crappy laptop.

Please read this: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/58127-0-22-asmi-s-ECLSS-Mod-%28current-version-1-0-10%29-Life-Support-Mod?p=800671&viewfull=1#post800671

Awesome mod! Will we see some more resources like food and water in the future?

Yes there are plan to add them later down the line. But before I do that I want to mare sure the plugin is rock solid, and doesn't contain any bugs.

Any mod that adds gameplay features is appreciated, but what difference do you offer, or what differing vision do you have for this mod, over TAC Life Support? :)

May have something to do with the fact that TAC Life Support was stalled for a while......

May have something to do with the fact that TAC Life Support was stalled for a while......

*You said as though everyone on the planet either has or should have followed TAC forever, and would only out of stupidity not beware of this*

Thank you for sitting me straight buddy

*You said as though everyone on the planet either has or should have followed TAC forever, and would only out of stupidity not beware of this*

Thank you for sitting me straight buddy

Actually I never used TAC, but I did have my eye on it for a while.

Question about the code, over here: https://bitbucket.org/asmi/ksp/src/c26648ef6f389ff36f1308611e91bcd07ab2eec5/KerbalPlugins/LifeSupport/LifeSupportController.cs?at=default#cl-68

You always get the amounts of life-support with GetVesselResource, and GetVesselResource seems to be a quite expensive function, as it iterates over all the parts. Bit of a waste to iterate over all parts multiple times every tick for very vessel without crew?

(Just counting, I think I see 4 or 5 iterations or all parts)

In the save that's causing performance issues for me the part count is pretty high on the probe ships.

As of now KSP does not really have persistence for Kerbals other then names and a few stats.

Ok. I thought of it more of a function of the vessel. It has a set of private resources for each crew member. Those give them their starting resources for the EVA. On return from EVA the vessel resources for the crew member (assume there's some index to abstract crew identity) are updated. If they then make a subsequent EVA a check if made to see if they need a top up, at which point resources are drawn from the vessel's main tanks, if available. More work to implement, but slightly more elegant than having to stick RCS on a vessel with no RCS thrusters to perform an EVA. I'll shut up now :)