[0.23]asmi's ECLSS Mod (current version - 1.0.15) - Life Support Mod

asmi

It's going to be totally configurable, only O2&CO2 will be mandatory (I had to settle for it to preserve backward compatibility).

And thanks to everyone for congratulations :)

Great to hear! Can't wait to install this, the dialog box bug has limited my KSP time otherwise (at the same time, I love my some life support!)

I'm using Crew Manifest to move my Kerbs out of their Soyuz TMA and into the space station... unfortunately the ECLSS still thinks they are in the Soyuz and it keeps draining.

Any chance of monitoring where the Kerbs actually are and whether the module they are in is crossfeedable so as to balance out the oxygen and CO2?

I'm using Crew Manifest to move my Kerbs out of their Soyuz TMA and into the space station... unfortunately the ECLSS still thinks they are in the Soyuz and it keeps draining.

Any chance of monitoring where the Kerbs actually are and whether the module they are in is crossfeedable so as to balance out the oxygen and CO2?

That seems like a good use for the connected living space mod, automtically balance the atmosphere in all "Connected" crew areas. (Tank priority currently set still makes total sense though)

Note, it's a whole can of worms. Just how much air is in the tanks versus out of them (in the station itself)? That's not exactly in scope of 2.0, though a good concept for the future. Also, there's the fact you'd also probably need to track nitrogen if you wanted to simulate internal atmosphere... I suppose CLS is a good start, but making this work would be a lot of coding, and probably result in ECLSS 3.0.

I have a more modest request: RPM support. BobCat's ships have ECLSS displays, but others do not. Also, RPM could provide a more extensive information, on par with the windows. It'd certainly be a good addition, you could use position 5 for compatibility with VesselViewer and EI.

Has anyone ever tried sending several Kerbals to other planets with this mod? It looks to me like I'll have to send huge stacks of oxygen. Am I missing something? Any ideas that don't involve cheating/modding?

You can use the CO2 -> O2 converter. Also, this might be considered "cheating" in your book, but you can edit the amount of O2 stored in the tanks, or the consumption rate of O2 to your liking.

Has anyone ever tried sending several Kerbals to other planets with this mod? It looks to me like I'll have to send huge stacks of oxygen. Am I missing something? Any ideas that don't involve cheating/modding?

Somebody posted a cfg that changes the volumes of the tanks to be much more realistic. Also NathanKell made ECLSS compatible with RealFuels with this cfg which I believe adjusts volumes as well. Though not sure if that's against your idea of not modding.

You can use the CO2 -> O2 converter. Also, this might be considered "cheating" in your book, but you can edit the amount of O2 stored in the tanks, or the consumption rate of O2 to your liking.

I've done test flights with the converter constantly recycling the CO2. Maybe the plugin is calculating things incorrectly but even with the converter I'm only getting a few days in the plugin dialogue box. I'd like to send 6 Kerbals on a 5-6 month science/scansat mission. I need 6 Kerbal to have a RemoteTech control center for probes, and I need a lot of time to collect as much science and ScanSat scans as possible. I'm building a large research vessel with probes, landers and satellites, but if I run out of air then it's all for nothing.

Editing configs has occurred to me but that's cheating IMO.

Somebody posted a cfg that changes the volumes of the tanks to be much more realistic. Also NathanKell made ECLSS compatible with RealFuels with this cfg which I believe adjusts volumes as well. Though not sure if that's against your idea of not modding.
Well.. I'm against modding mods to make things easier, but if it's more realistic *and* gives me more air then that's fine. Thanks. Edited by Cpt. Kipard

I've done test flights with the converter constantly recycling the CO2. Maybe the plugin is calculating things incorrectly but even with the converter I'm only getting a few days in the plugin dialogue box. I'd like to send 6 Kerbals on a 5-6 month science/scansat mission. I need 6 Kerbal to have a RemoteTech control center for probes, and I need a lot of time to collect as much science and ScanSat scans as possible. I'm building a large research vessel with probes, landers and satellites, but if I run out of air then it's all for nothing.

Editing configs has occurred to me but that's cheating IMO.

Well.. I'm against modding mods to make things easier, but if it's more realistic *and* gives me more air then that's fine. Thanks.

Here's why editing the cfg might be ok for you: If you look back a ways, somewhere around page 45 would be my guess, you'll see a bunch of us had a discussion where we tried to decide, amongst other things, the volume of the tanks, whether they stored O2 as a gas or a liquid and at what pressure, and how much O2 Kerbals actually use. I don't know that we ever came to a consensus, and I know there are a few different cfgs out there that change this stuff, so you should feel free to set it what you think makes sense. I think the current values now reflect an O2 consumption rate of Humans, but who is to say that Kerbals need the same amount? Especially since they're half our size.

Anyone running into a random lockup or crash after installing this mod? There is no error, just spinning ring of death. Memory usage peaked out at 1.75GB out of the 8GB I have available. Which is WELL below the 3.4GB that usually crashes in KSP.

Anyone running into a random lockup or crash after installing this mod? There is no error, just spinning ring of death. Memory usage peaked out at 1.75GB out of the 8GB I have available. Which is WELL below the 3.4GB that usually crashes in KSP.

Can you post your output.log?

Can you post your output.log?

There is no output log for it, I have tried to look to see myself. It just hard locks up no log.

And it is random, very random.

That might be me! More information over at http://www.kingtiger.co.uk/kingtiger/wordpress/2014/01/02/mod-eclss-rebalancer/

Has anyone had problems terminating flights from the tracking station page after installing this mod?

I wanted to get rid of my debris because ECLSS seems to have no filter for debris and every little piece of crap in orbit is listed on the gui and having to tab through loads of debris just to find a specific ship gets hard after a while.

Has anyone had problems terminating flights from the tracking station page after installing this mod?

I wanted to get rid of my debris because ECLSS seems to have no filter for debris and every little piece of crap in orbit is listed on the gui and having to tab through loads of debris just to find a specific ship gets hard after a while.

Sadly, this is a a very common problem with the mod (your best bet is to leave the game and then start it again, going directly to the tracking station). I think it's related to the fact that you can't close item-spawned windows in the VAB and so forth, which is another major problem. :(

There is no output log for it, I have tried to look to see myself. It just hard locks up no log.

And it is random, very random.

Are you on a Mac?

If not, in the KSP directory, open the KSP_Data folder. Look for output_log.txt. Unless you're on a Mac, it's there.

Post it

I've had a very major problem since I installed this mod: I can't control my Kerbals once they go outside of the command pod in EVA - The gui shows up and I can't close it, and the screen says "press space to let go", and from there I can't do anything besides terminate the flight. I completely lose control of everything once a Kerbal goes into EVA mode. Am I missing something here?