NASA Heatshield

trekkie_

Isn't Nasa logo in public domain?
NASA still images; audio files; video; and computer files used in the rendition of 3-dimensional models, such as texture maps and polygon data in any format, generally are not copyrighted. You may use NASA imagery, video, audio, and data files used for the rendition of 3-dimensional models for educational or informational purposes, including photo collections, textbooks, public exhibits, computer graphical simulations and Internet Web pages. This general permission extends to personal Web pages.

This general permission does not extend to use of the NASA insignia logo (the blue "meatball" insignia), the retired NASA logotype (the red "worm" logo) and the NASA seal. These images may not be used by persons who are not NASA employees or on products (including Web pages) that are not NASA-sponsored. http://www.nasa.gov/audience/formedia/features/MP_Photo_Guidelines.html#.UoR4PuJVhAs

however, this is not any of the actual NASA logo's, it's just the NASA font spelling 'NASA'.

Edited by trekkie_

This needs a license, else I'll have to pull the download from the Spaceport :)
It'S not a matter of the logo or copyirght, it's simply a matter than addons on the forum and spaceport need a license. You can simply write "all rights reserved" and that would be it :P

... Choose a License ...

I tried that whole "You can simply write "all rights reserved" and that would be it", but then was told I needed a license and was referred to the link above.

Edited by CoriW

I usually put something short along the lines of "cannot be modified without permission" or "this can be modified freely"

Yeah usually that's alright, although if you use the link I provided to pick a license you actually have the benefit of having a "real" license and also get a cool little picture to go along with it. :D

88x31.png

Also pretty sure forum rules require the license to be put in the forum thread and in the download, just to let you know. :)

Edited by CoriW

Oh and while I'm here, I really like your heatshield, I'll probably end up using it with Deadly Re-entry. :)

EDIT: I find it sort of funny how the entire first page of this thread is regarding licenses.

Edited by CoriW

Oh and while I'm here, I really like your heatshield, I'll probably end up using it with Deadly Re-entry. :)

EDIT: I find it sort of funny how the entire first page of this thread is regarding licenses.

And that it's EXACTLY the first page that's about licenses, no more, no less. Unless this talk qualifiies to be about licenses.

Anyway, great looking heat shield!

Lil more info be nice. What size is it? Does it come with a proper decoupler that hides it? Maybe some pictures of it in use? ( sorry if there are pics maybe my phone won't load them. Model pic works though ) I don't understand why people take the time to make these mods, post them and not type even one sentence pertaining to it.

Edited by Motokid600

• 1 month later...

The heatshields in the mod are absoultely gigantic. I'd say it looks about 5m. Good if you need to land a nice huge space station on Duna for some reason, but for a usual crew transfer vehicle? This thing would need to be launched independently for each re-entry... Other than the really oversized model, nice job! :)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.