Apogee LU-22 Light Utility Shuttle. Kerbin - LKO transfer vehicle

Mulbin

can it drop from 120km fully fueled, land, and make it back up to dock at 120km?

In theory yes.... but bear in mind it has a few concealed/clipped tanks so selecting them to refuel in orbit might be difficult. A fuel transfer mod would make it easier to refuel

Tried this out earlier and it was really neat. It looks like a lifting body which is pretty cool - would you consider it to be one? Also, just one quick-fire question: do you use the part clipping feature from the debug menu, or just take advantage of allowed placements with the default settings?

Tried this out earlier and it was really neat. It looks like a lifting body which is pretty cool - would you consider it to be one? Also, just one quick-fire question: do you use the part clipping feature from the debug menu, or just take advantage of allowed placements with the default settings?

I guess it is as the lift surfaces are mostly in the body of the craft. I tend to turn clipping on these days as it saves a lot of time. You could make most of my craft without the clipping setting but would spend a lot of time tricking the editor for exactly the same result.

Beautiful Job... Also, I remember you saying your British somewhere, it'd be cool if you made some British themed ships :D

Technically any fictional craft by apogee is british by design ;) As for historical or real wolrd replicas we really haven't made much on our own. Black knight etc.... and I suppose I could make a copy of beagle to crash into duna!

Thanks for the reply. If you want another idea for a British ship you could try Skylon, have you heard of that? It's pretty cool, but looks really hard to replicate. Could make a fun challenge but also be frustrating because of the shape of the vehicle. :)

Skylon_front_view.jpg

Edited by Woopert

Thanks for the reply. If you want another idea for a British ship you could try Skylon, have you heard of that? It's pretty cool, but looks really hard to replicate. Could make a fun challenge but also be frustrating because of the shape of the vehicle. :)

or you could try it's little brother: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reaction_Engines_A2

• 2 weeks later...
Technically any fictional craft by apogee is british by design ;) As for historical or real wolrd replicas we really haven't made much on our own. Black knight etc.... and I suppose I could make a copy of beagle to crash into duna!

Good lord man! Beagle 1 didn't crash, it... Lithobreaked.

• 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.