[0.23.5] Realism Overhaul: ROv5.2 + Modlist for RSS 6/30/14

NathanKell

I saw in the changelog something about the FASA patches being integrated into RO. Does this mean that I no longer need the patches in the FASA folder now?

Edited by Playful1510

I'm not sure about what I'll say, but I had those crash and those "Earth not loading" due to lack of memory issues. After deleting few unused parts, reducing some textures, I managed to get the whole RSS + RO working nicely. If you wish, I can give you my whole recipee. My KSP is running on a old 32 bits laptot, so if I can help, please say so.

Your tip led me to download the active texture reduction mod and now it works!!! Thanks for the help

Playful1510: correct. Not only do you not need them, you need to delete any other patches for FASA you might have (like, say, a RedAV8R folder in GameData).

Benoit: See the FAQ in the first post regarding nodes. Regarding mixtures, the mixture ratios in reality are given as mass ratios; KSP, however, (of course) uses something different: volume ratios. If you multiply the volume ratio by the density of each resource you should get the quoted mass ratios.

Regarding new engine support. RaccoonTOF has been working on adding support for the ARM engines as real engines; the latest RftS will support them as realistic-but-not-real engines.

Edited by NathanKell

Which ones in particular are you wanting resized?

Plenty. Apollo heat shield, several LEM experiments, the CSM antenna, Fairings, docking lights, all aren't resized on my install even though I downloaded RO and FASA about 6 hours ago. I either made a mistake during install, or they are still in work by you ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Edited by BombastixderTeutone

I think I need some assistance with the engine mods and real fuels. I'm playing on regex's 6.4:1 Kerbin.

I've installed real fuels, procedural parts, FASA (with the realism patch), KW, and real engines. (And the Realism Overhaul Downloads)

I see options for changing the fuel type via the realfuels GUI, but I don't see any option for the engines to use any fuel other than LiquidFuel, I'm sure I've just missed something obvious...

I think I need some assistance with the engine mods and real fuels. I'm playing on regex's 6.4:1 Kerbin.

I've installed real fuels, procedural parts, FASA (with the realism patch), KW, and real engines. (And the Realism Overhaul Downloads)

I see options for changing the fuel type via the realfuels GUI, but I don't see any option for the engines to use any fuel other than LiquidFuel, I'm sure I've just missed something obvious...

I have the same problem, but with the whichever config comes with RSS, and AIES aerospace instead of KW/FASA.

Visaggio: is the engine supported by RealEngines? Have you gone into Action Group Editor mode and clicked on the engine to see what fuel modes are available?

You did download and install RealEngines from the first post, right? It's no longer included in Realism Overhaul.

TechnicalK3rbal: *no* engine config comes with RSS. RSS changes planets. Download an engine config from the first post in this thread.

TechnicalK3rbal: *no* engine config comes with RSS. RSS changes planets. Download an engine config from the first post in this thread.

I meant not using one of the other ones to scale, IE not the regex's 6.4:1 Kerbin that Visaggio used. I tried both engine config files, neither worked.

I've just downloaded the latest version of real fuels, re-downloaded RealEngines configs v0.6, and tried again. I've got nothing pertaining to fuel in the action group window. I've looked at two of the KW engines, and two of the stock engines.

I'm having an issue, where my Titan II can no longer reach orbit with a Gemini capsule on top. I was able to make orbit with a little fuel remaining before I updated RO. I also updated RPL at the same time, but I don't think that has anything to do with fuel amounts considering that the RedAV8R patches are in RO, and they determine how much of what is in the FASA parts.

TechnicalK3rbal: Visaggio has it right, you need to upload it to dropbox or another file sharing site. You might also want to zip it first.

Playful1510: are you building Titan II the right way? It should have Gemini and decoupler, the upper stage tank, the LR-91, the decoupler, the upper half of the lower stage tank, the lower half of the lower stage tank, the LR-89. That said, RedAV8R is handling the FASA patch; you might want to ask on his thread.

I will. I only asked here because RO has his patches integrated. I have Gemini>Decoupler>Upper tank> Engine> Decoupler> Lower tank> Engine. If I do lowertankBig>lowertankSmall>Engine, somehow I *lose* deltaV...

I'm having an issue with engine gimbals. Whenever I put in a roll command (Q or E), the rocket begins to yaw or pitch over, even with just the engine and no fins or roll devices installed. I have real fuels installed, with RTFS, Realism overhaul, and the newest exurgent engineering dll. Is this an identifiable problem? Is there anything I forgot to install?

thanks

I'm having an issue with engine gimbals. Whenever I put in a roll command (Q or E), the rocket begins to yaw or pitch over, even with just the engine and no fins or roll devices installed. I have real fuels installed, with RTFS, Realism overhaul, and the newest exurgent engineering dll. Is this an identifiable problem? Is there anything I forgot to install?

thanks

Do you have just one engine under the center of your craft? If so, you have to disable roll on that engine, or it will do what you are describing. Just right click and disable roll (in editor or while flying).

Do you have the latest EE from the link next to RftS? Make sure that's the only copy you have, too.

Wait, which link? Is it in the OP? My rocket was recently doing that as well.