[1.12] Extraplanetary Launchpads v6.99.3

taniwha

Great mod, I use it quite a bit. I recently updated from v3.7 and I can't get the release function on the launchpad to work in v4.1. Since then I've done a completely fresh install of KSP and EL v4.1 and I still have the issue on a new save. There's been a lot updated that is new to me, is there a feature I'm missing and I'm expecting it to release when it can't? I have enough rocketparts to fully build what I'm building.

Ah, thanks for the replies! I guess I'll see if I can make something so it's not on the ground directly (would a platform with landing legs work?), or just make a space station to launch from.

Great mod, I use it quite a bit. I recently updated from v3.7 and I can't get the release function on the launchpad to work in v4.1. Since then I've done a completely fresh install of KSP and EL v4.1 and I still have the issue on a new save. There's been a lot updated that is new to me, is there a feature I'm missing and I'm expecting it to release when it can't? I have enough rocketparts to fully build what I'm building.

I just noticed since so far I've only launched KAS pylons, which are moved in eva anyway, since 4.1 came out...

TsBAo0P.jpg

The launch pad only has the close option with a prelaunch status, and the ship I spawned is still attached. There's no release option at all.

EDIT: Also, after attempting to launch, the Space Center button, as well as the 2 revert options (Revert to Launch, Revert to Vehicle Assembly) seem to do nothing. Not sure if related to this mod.

Edit2: I did a complete reinstall, I can't release again (I have progressive builds turned off). It also doesn't transfer fuel or electricity to the ship.

Edited by Roandask

Well I just upgraded to 4.1 and my game gets stuck loading the home screen, after everything has loaded. I remove EPL and it works just fine. I also have a 0.23 install that I accidentally replaced 3.7 with 4.1 and now it won't work either. Is there a way to get the older version?

EDIT: I just changed the download directory to 3.7 instead of 4.1 and it worked to download. Testing now.

Edited by Westi29

I am unable to build since the last KSP update. Station loads fine, build menu comes up. Select a ship, click build and ..... nothing happens. I've updated to 4.1 and the same behavior. This is on an existing sandbox save.

Well I just upgraded to 4.1 and my game gets stuck loading the home screen, after everything has loaded. I remove EPL and it works just fine. I also have a 0.23 install that I accidentally replaced 3.7 with 4.1 and now it won't work either. Is there a way to get the older version?

EDIT: I just changed the download directory to 3.7 instead of 4.1 and it worked to download. Testing now.

Thanks for finding that out I was looking for the 4.0.3 version.

After playing around with 4.1 some more I've found it actually only releases with progressive builds turned on. Additionally after something is built the game won't load anything, go to the space center or switch crafts. A work around for this is to quick save, reload KSP, and then load the quicksave.

I've run into the refusal to scene/vessel switch problem twice myself, but hadn't figured out what was causing it.

For me, I only noticed it after I had built a ship, landed/mined/launched, rendezvoused, and tried switching to station to toggle killrot, so it's not an immediately noticeable thing.

Oh, and thank you for doing all this taniwha, your efforts are very much appreciated.

I'm sorry if this is a dumb question, but how do augers work? I have this thing landed on an ore deposit, but it doesn't mine no matter what I do (which is not much as the only options are deploy drill and retract drill). Do I need a pod with a Kerbal there?

svVKFqw.png

HrZNCeK.png

I have EL 4.0.3., Kethane 0.8.4., MM, KAS, IR and a crapton of other mods.

Hmm....

Ok, first, old versions back to 3.6 are still available, but may disappear without notice (depends on available space on my server). Note, however, that 4.1 will not work with 0.23, and older versions will not work with 0.23.5.

Ok, so those of you having trouble with the pad getting stuck are using insta-build? I tested progressive builds before release, but skipped insta-build (I assumed it would work;/).

Edited by taniwha

I added ExWorkShop to LLL structure sections via MM, but no production. I have the large 4x2 parts 10 production rating (because with that much space why not?). Question is, does the part have to be read as a capsule for the work shop to work?

Hmm....

Ok, first, old versions back to 3.6 are still available, but may disappear without notice (depends on available space on my server). Note, however, that 4.1 will not work with 0.23, and older versions will not work with 0.23.5.

Ok, so those of you having trouble with the pad getting stuck are using insta-build? I tested progressive builds before release, but skipped insta-build (I assumed it would work;/).

Yeah, its the insta-build that doesn't have a release function. I noticed it also gets stuck if you're building something and then change it in the VAB before its done building.

ptr421: It looks like your augurs are not imbedded in the ground, the drills do not collide with the ground, so they need to be imbedded in the ground to be able to function and activate the drill animation.

Yeah, that was it, thanks. The tip of them was slightly below the ground, but not deep enough I guess. After I retracted landing legs it started working. Only possible issue now can be legs clipping through solar panels. I just wonder how long it will take for that rig to die in a horrible explosion:)

With 4.1 and 0.23.5 I am unable to return to Kerbal Command after building and launching a built craft. I can switch between craft in the local physics area. I end up having to force quit ksp.

I seem to be geting the same problem.

More specificly the hangup actualy happens after clicking finilize build. Most recent test I finilized the ship to spawn it then tried to switch craft to something out of physics range, that failed as did trying to return to spaceport.

Edited by merendel

I am unable to build since the last KSP update. Station loads fine, build menu comes up. Select a ship, click build and ..... nothing happens. I've updated to 4.1 and the same behavior. This is on an existing sandbox save.

I'm having the same issue. My vessel productivity is reading as -1.9 ish. I'm assuming it isn't supposed to be negative.

Edit: Removed stupid kerbals from workshop, it works fine now.

Edit 2: And now after building a craft it won't let my return to space center.

Edited by Thorbane

I'm having the same issue. My vessel productivity is reading as -1.9 ish. I'm assuming it isn't supposed to be negative.

Make sure you don't have kerbals with a high stupidity rating. That will decrease productivity, potentially making it negative.

I read that EL causes engines built into the command pod to automatically ignite. The two command pod mods I use started to have problems. Is there a way around this without uninstalling EL or not using the command pods? Also I put workshops into some of the parts I use but they always have a production of 0.

I've got a weird problem that might be related to EPL.

I've build a perfectly working Kethane powered Jetplane. Flying it from the KSC runway there are not problems what so ever.

But when I build it in orbit on my Gilly Outpost it flounders. For some yet unknown reason I get a NaN error on the electricity.

Tex_NL: Can you get me your .craft file? I'm aware there seems to be an issue with ElectricCharge, but I haven't seen it myself.

I'll see if I can get it too you soon.

But I must tell you in advance it relies on various other mods. Among them B9 and KW.