[1.12] Extraplanetary Launchpads v6.99.3

taniwha

Yeah, modulemanager is working and up to date, so is KIS. Though come to think of it, I don't know if this was intentional but with the latest version of KIS I can't stack connector ports anymore. Might have just been a balance change though.

KSP.log, modulemanager.configcache (sorry, they were too big for pastebin or hastebin)

EDIT: I figured out what was wrong! Since I'm using both Extraplanetary Launchpads and Simple Construction, I had forgotten to update the Launchpad.dll in Simple Construction, and there being two different versions of the same plugin seemed to have messed up the game.

Edited by Markelius
update on situation

Hey Taniwha,

I had a thought while building a preliminary base.

When building for EPL in mind I'm finding it frustrating trying to add legs or other things for stabilizing the round blue construction workshop, (& and making it aesthetically pleasing) and keeping in mind I have to attach both ends (nodes) to other parts (usually with docking ports). so it has to be level to avoid the base jumping physics.

I had a thought, Have you thought of making 4 simple little 'Chocks'? or maybe a sort of moulded frame with 4 Chocks for feet that one could attach to the bottom of the workshop via nodes? it would make the C'Workshop always sit on the ground level.

It would make the Construction Workshop look good on the ground and look awesome AND the round shape is still there for those that want it for space stations because it would be an optional attachment.

Hello, I am currently trying to debug my mod soup of a game. I have slowly accepted lowering my mod count and have even just recently reinstalled all mods and  fully refreshed installation from steam (and immediately copied that out of steam, so no steam overlay).

I plan on posting to any mod I can find that deals with KIS as when I am in the flight scene, the log is spammed with this: (forever spammed too, want me to upload a 60 meg log file?)

[EXC 14:09:02.173] FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'KIS, Version=1.2.7.6, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies.

Assumingly, this is the reason for my cut in half FPS in the flight scene as every other scene blasts at 70FPS. Hell, I reinstalled and I got MORE frames in it, loving 1.1!

This is my last hurdle to over come, as most issues I was having I have fixed with a full mod and game refresh. 

Yes, KIS is installed in its KIS folder in GAMEDATA. The dll in question is in the plugins directory. I can't for the life of me figure out WHAT MOD is calling it. There is no more information.

PLEASE tell me it isn't EPL, cuz i won't play KSP with out EPL.

EDIT: I just noticed someone over on KIS's thread has the same issue so going to bug them. I leave this here for anyone else searching for a solution or a direction.

EDIT 2: FOUND! Its KKS (Krash system)

Edited by Starhero

Markelius: Ah, good, I'm glad you found the problem, and yeah, that's likely to do it. However, rather than having both dlls the same, you really should have only the one (probably best to prefer EL's over Sinple Construction's) as there is some communication between modules and things might get confused with two copies.

C04L: I might be able to come up with something. However, the LT-2 legs work quite well, even in 1.1.2, you just have to rotate them using the rotation gizmo in the correct mod (hit f until the handles are oriented such that it's easy to rotate the legs correctly). The LT-2 legs are long enough for supporting 2.5m parts horizontally (which the workshop is in that dimension (it's 2.5m x 3.75m x 7.5m (Jumbo-64 is 2.5m x 2.5m x 7.5m)).

Starhero: Ah, I'm glad you found the culprit.

Edited by taniwha

Having trouble finding any info on this since stock resources were implemented. Is there any system for on-site mining and parts manufacturing without an entirely separate few-refining mod like Kethane or Karbonite? I'm perfectly happy using the stock mining system, and "ore" seems generic (and inherently semi-magical anyway) enough to process into something other than fuel.

Jarin: EL uses the stock system (but not Ore, EL provides its own resource (MetalOre)) at all times, and Kethane as well when it is installed. This means you can mine MetalOre just about anywhere, but if you install Kethane, you will get 100% concentration hot-spots. ie, Kethane is not a replacement for stock, but rather a bonus.

EL provides and uses MetalOre instead of Ore because Ore is too light.

3 hours ago, taniwha said:

Jarin: EL uses the stock system (but not Ore, EL provides its own resource (MetalOre)) at all times, and Kethane as well when it is installed. This means you can mine MetalOre just about anywhere, but if you install Kethane, you will get 100% concentration hot-spots. ie, Kethane is not a replacement for stock, but rather a bonus.

EL provides and uses MetalOre instead of Ore because Ore is too light.

That makes sense. Same drills, or does MetalOre use different equipment?

Edited by Jarin

On 1/05/2016 at 5:59 PM, taniwha said:

Changes from 5.3.1:

• Recompiled againsted KSP 1.1.2
  • Some very minor tweaks to the workshop model. I'm sure only those with eagle eyes or x-ray vision would notice :wink:

Ahh, I just embarked on making a texture for the workshop yesterday. Did your model changes affect the UV map? I'm still using 5.2.95 on KSP 1.0.5, for the usual mod-availability reasons, but I guess I will need to update my texture sometime anyway - nothing lasts forever. :)

Edited by Bluebottle

Hi I am using Kerbal Space 1.1.2 and EL is not working. The productivity of my Workshop is always 0 and there are only engineers inside. So I reinstalled Kerbal Space with no mods, just EL, Modul Manager and Kerbal Stuff (MiniAVC). Kerbal Stats 2.1.3. But nothing helps.

With a new version and only these mods it won't run. Could you please help me? In the past I ran EL with less of these mods.

I found one error in the log file. But I don't know what it is?

[LOG 06:13:26.330] AddonLoader: Instantiating addon 'ModuleManager' from assembly 'ModuleManager'
[EXC 06:13:26.339] MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'PopupDialog.SpawnPopupDialog'.
    ModuleManager.ModuleManager.Awake ()
    UnityEngine.GameObject:AddComponent(Type)
    AddonLoader:StartAddon(LoadedAssembly, Type, KSPAddon, Startup)
    AddonLoader:StartAddons(Startup)
    <LoadObjects>c__Iterator32:MoveNext()
    UnityEngine.MonoBehaviour:StartCoroutine(IEnumerator)
    <CreateDatabase>c__Iterator31:MoveNext()
    GameDatabase:StartLoad()
    <LoadSystems>c__Iterator45:MoveNext()
    LoadingScreen:Start()
[LOG 06:13:26.344] AddonLoader: Instantiating addon 'Logger' from assembly 'MiniAVC'

Kerbal Space without Launchpads is horrorable.

By the way I found out that the UKS/MKS mod making some changes for the Exptra Planetary Launch Pad. It makes producing vessels very hard because you need 2 other ressources instead of rocket parts. There are some cfg files named with el..... and el.....mu file in asset folder. Delete them all and you can use rocket parts again.

Hmm, yes when I connect through a VPN terminated in the USA it works. That's odd, that's the first case I've had of one part of the Internet being unreachable like that.

Been meaning to ask, with a name like Taniwha are you from New Zealand or have links here? I'm in Wellington.

Maybe you're just too far away ;-)

(Confirmed I am able to use the download link from first post and it works - the 5.3.2 release on GitHub seems to be different - and not working).

Edited by PerfectOne

Does EL not work with Tweakscale?  I see the correct Tweakscaled values in EL's VAB preview window, but then when I use a Launchpad to create the ship it's trying to charge the normal-sized price for the parts.  I am also using UKS (if that matters).  Thanks!

Aceoaces: EL might well not work properly with Tweakscale (and probably many other mass-altering mods). In the vab is easier because I can just wait a couple of frames to get the mass, not so easy in flight.

PerfectOne: I lived in NZ for several years (about 9 total), and one of my brothers (of 3) was born there.

Thanks taniwha for Help. First I didn't found the newest version of Modul Manager. Now with the newest version everthings works fine. You saved my weekend.

The dlls are on last part at the end on the download page.

Hey taniwha, do you think you could post some .blend files of the mod's parts on the github? I want to try my hand at making some stockalike textures for the mod but your .mu importer isn't being 100% cooperative and I don't want to go through the trouble of converting the meshes using unity but I would like to take a look at the UVs.

Klaus: ah, good, I'm glad you got things working.

Markelius: The blend files are already there under the GamaData tree. Not all parts have blend files, but those that do have them in the appropriate directory.

TimberWolffe: if you've been away for long enough, then you very well may have missed some important changes. It is very WIP, but this manual might help (its lyx source is in the github repository).

Edited by taniwha

How can I hide or minimize the EPL window while in the VAB?

I'm sorry to ask such a silly and simple question, but I've spent a few minutes clicking on everything I can find and still can't sort it out.

Do hitchhikers still work as workshops? I have an engineer in a hitchhiker, an orbital construction dock, and plenty of parts, but the job has remained sitting at 0% completion. Do I need to lift a full-size workshop to build anything in orbit? Or do I just need more than one engineer?

Edit: right-clicking the crewed hitchhiker does not show "productivity" as the guide claims it should. 

Edit2: reinstalled EL and MM, hitchhiker now shows productivity... but it's 0. More engineers?

Edit3: Pilot has max stupidity and the engineer isn't far behind. I'm thinking I need better crew in this thing... but still, 0?

Edited by Jarin

5 hours ago, tsaven said:

How can I hide or minimize the EPL window while in the VAB?

I'm sorry to ask such a silly and simple question, but I've spent a few minutes clicking on everything I can find and still can't sort it out.

I've never used EL without the Toolbar plugin. Generally you have to click the EL button, but I don't know that it creates one without the Toolbar.