[1.12] Extraplanetary Launchpads v6.99.3

taniwha

1 hour ago, taniwha said:

There is not one. The toolbar mod is very good: it lets you put the buttons wherever you want on the screen. (that's not a "never", more just a "what's wrong with the toolbar mod?")

Oh, I should mention: I have EL mostly working in 1.1, but I've seen some issues that I need to fix before I can do a release.

I don't have an issue with it it per say but I don't like having to add it in just so I can use your mod. I like your mod and want to include it in my game but I just can't justify grabbing toolbar for one mod, not when so many others that once used it have moved to the stock system.

quick for modder did EL have 64bit lock?  mod never seemed to work using the 64bit workaround in 1.05, hoping now that 64bit is official and stabe it will be supported as i enjoyed the mod back in the day before i kept finding more and more mods to load and needed to the memory cap to be removed from the game ;)

Whenever I start up KSP, the loading process always stops here.

LOG 17:57:06.482] Added sound_rocket_hard to FXGroup running
[LOG 17:57:06.482] Added sound_explosion_low to FXGroup flameout
[WRN 17:57:06.489] Could not create PartResource of type 'ElectricCharge
[WRN 17:57:06.490] Could not create PartResource of type 'MonoPropellant
[WRN 17:57:06.490] Could not create PartResource of type 'LiquidFuel
[WRN 17:57:06.490] Could not create PartResource of type 'Oxidizer
[LOG 17:57:06.497] LiquidFuel not found in resource database. Propellant Setup has failed.
[EXC 17:57:06.499] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    ModuleEngines.SetupPropellant ()
    ModuleEngines.OnLoad (.ConfigNode node)
    PartModule.Load (.ConfigNode node)
    Part.AddModule (.ConfigNode node)
    PartLoader.ParsePart (.UrlConfig urlConfig, .ConfigNode node)
    PartLoader+.MoveNext ()

Any ideas of what to do?

On 03/04/2016 at 10:25 AM, ironhawx said:

quick for modder did EL have 64bit lock?

Indeed, prior to KSP 1.1, EL has been 64-bit locked (on windows, not on linux: I use linux). Things look hopeful for 64-bit on windows, though.

Yay, I can't wait till EPL is 1.1-ready.

Is there any other mod I can use until then which lets me drill for resources and use it to build/launch from other bodies? Like, a resource "metal" which can I just drill, store and then use it to make the builds "appear" through some dedicated part?

Some of the parts don't load for me: the workshop, the launchpad for the space stations, any of the larger part tanks, and the steaks. The mods I have are: Module manager, KIS, Kerbal Joint Reinforcement, infernal robotics, modular fuel tanks, Near future: electrical, propulsion, solar, and space craft, mechjeb2, OPT1, and planetary base.

I am on a mac (I have a windows mode, have not tried it) v 10.11.3, and using ksp 1.0.5

Any idea how to fix it?

Other than the stakes (note, not steaks, though they could go on the stakes to be roasted over an upturned poodle) and mallet, USI is known to hide most of EL's parts. You haven't listed it, but might it be installed too?

I do not have USI installed, I found the textures for all the parts that I don't have in the game files, but they are not appearing in the game. I have checked all of the advanced filters, but the parts will not appear.

I will try with just the necessary mods. I hope it will work.

The only other way I know of for parts to be hidden is to not have KIS installed, but that will affect only the stakes, mallet and survey station.

Send me your logs (KSP.log should be good), please.

I've been using EL for a few days now and it's been great!  I'm mostly using it to generate small parts on demand so I don't have to ferry them up from Kerbin. 

I'd like to put in a request.  Can we have a 1/2 size workshop?  I'd like to integrate some fabrication capabilities into a nuclear-powered ship that I'm sending around the system.  I'm not planning on doing any huge builds on this ship, just small survey scan sats and landers and the ability to create repair parts for anything that gets destroyed.  Unfortunately, the construction workshop is way to big to fit into my design - it's nearly as long as the entire rest of the habitable potion of the ship by itself.  Also, I don't need 10 workers for this.

Would it be possible to have a 1/2 sized version.  Perhaps slightly lower performance to represent the non-scalable portions of the module.  Say, 8.5 tons, crew capacity of 4 or 5 and a productivity factor of 4.5.  A shorter, squatter version of the existing module would be awesome. 

In the meantime, I might mess with the config files to make the survey station have those attributes but it would be nice to have that built into the mod itself.

PS: I'm getting a bug where Kerbals in the construction workshop don't show up in the portrait bar at the bottom of the screen.  They show up in the right-click context menus and can be moved around, etc.  However, since the portraits are missing, I can't get their profession and stats easily.  I am using the DMagic Portrait Stats mod, if anyone else has reported issues with that.

Thanks!

Hi, I've been having trouble getting EL to work properly, As far as I know I've installed the mod correctly, I can place the items in game, they all show up, the UI is there, but when i select a craft to be built, it does nothing.

The productivity in my workshop is as a constant 0, I've tried every combination of kerbals I have (i read somewhere that their stupidity affects this somehow) But nothing seems to work.

I have more than enough of every resource needed to make the ships too.

Any help would be appreciated, was really looking forward to trying out this mod

Edited by CommanderHerpDerp

CommanderHerpDerp: Make sure you have engineers (if testing in sandbox mode, one will do) as normally only engineers can build things. Also, unless they are in a fully equipped workshop (productivity factor >= 1: big blue workshop, rocket workbench), they need to be at least level one.

Getting the build window is a good sign that things should be working, but just in case: EL shuts itself down in the 64-bit windows version of KSP.

DanHeidel: It probably doesn't fit with your designs, but the rocket workbench (funny tower thing in pods) might suit your needs. It is effectively four external command seats in one part, so you will have to EVA your kerbals and put them in the seats. Otherwise, yeah, I'll try to come up with something.

1 hour ago, taniwha said:

DanHeidel: It probably doesn't fit with your designs, but the rocket workbench (funny tower thing in pods) might suit your needs. It is effectively four external command seats in one part, so you will have to EVA your kerbals and put them in the seats. Otherwise, yeah, I'll try to come up with something.

It's also worth noting that there is a Module Manager config in EL that gives most parts the ability to be a low-quality workshop.  If he's got good engineers, that may be enough.  Just check stats in the VAB info display to see how good a particular part is.

(And there are also other mods that include smaller workshops.  USI and Civilian Population come to mind...)

9 hours ago, CommanderHerpDerp said:

When you say 'Fully equipped' workshop, does it have to have anything special inside its inventory? or just a supply of rocket parts?

Also does 'EL shuts itself down in 64 bit' just mean it straight up won't work in 64 bit?

Nothing in the inventory: it's ProducivityFactor >= 1 (shown in the part info panel), or the FullyEquipped flag (not shown, but you can look in the config file).

As for EL and 64-bit: currently, it straight up will not work in 64-bit KSP on Windows (it will on Linux). This is a policy thing. However, things are looking promising for KSP 1.1 :)

On 4/13/2016 at 2:48 PM, taniwha said:

Thanks, I ended up just bumping the productivity of the mobile processing lab up to 2 for the time being.

PS: any thoughts on why the Kerbals wouldn't be showing up in the portrait bar when they are in the workshop? 

Also, I'm getting a strange bug with the launch Pad 2.  I'm trying to land one on Minmus and it keeps veering off course when I engage the onboard engines.  The off-axis thrust quickly overcomes the built-in reaction wheels and I lose control of the landing.  I'm not sure where the off-axis force is coming from, looking in the VAB, the force vectors seem to line up fine.

1 hour ago, DanHeidel said:

PS: any thoughts on why the Kerbals wouldn't be showing up in the portrait bar when they are in the workshop? 

Lack of IVA. Portraits require an IVA.

1 hour ago, DanHeidel said:

Also, I'm getting a strange bug with the launch Pad 2.  I'm trying to land one on Minmus and it keeps veering off course when I engage the onboard engines.  The off-axis thrust quickly overcomes the built-in reaction wheels and I lose control of the landing.  I'm not sure where the off-axis force is coming from, looking in the VAB, the force vectors seem to line up fine.

If they're not lined up exactly, then there will be torque. I guess I need to look at the model as the thrust vectors might be offset.

5 hours ago, taniwha said:

Lack of IVA. Portraits require an IVA.

If they're not lined up exactly, then there will be torque. I guess I need to look at the model as the thrust vectors might be offset.

If it helps, it pitches downward with respect to the cockpit(?) at the front when it's in folded mode.

I just wanted to follow up on the launch pad 2.  I just stuck a bog standard advance inline stabilizer on the bottom attachment point along with a couple batteries and was able to land it just fine.  There was some pitch correction the stabilizer had to apply but it was very small.  Even one of the 5 torque mini reaction wheels should be sufficient.  Bumping the reaction wheel torque on the pad up to 10 should more than take care of the off-axis issue.

However, I now have some other questions.  I've landed one of these launch pads next to my minmus drilling facility.  However, I can't see any way to put my Kerbals into it to staff it.  Am I missing something?

Yeah, the invisible hatch. There's no ladder, either, but the hatch is on the port side if the tip of the < part of the section is taken to be the nose. Try waving your mouse around the vicinity to help find it.

Sorry about it being invisible: originally the part had no hatch at all and I had to hack it in, and I have yet to get around to adding a ladder or editing the texture. Inherited part :/

17 hours ago, taniwha said:

Yeah, the invisible hatch. There's no ladder, either, but the hatch is on the port side if the tip of the < part of the section is taken to be the nose. Try waving your mouse around the vicinity to help find it.

Sorry about it being invisible: originally the part had no hatch at all and I had to hack it in, and I have yet to get around to adding a ladder or editing the texture. Inherited part :/

Thanks!  I actually just ended up launching a new base with an orbital dock on the side, which ended up doing the job. 

If I could make a suggestion, if you do rework on the part, a static 1.25m port or two on the side to allow attachment of other modules would be awesome.