Drastically changed orbit after exit. What to do?

Ok, so this is really weird. Yesterday I left my ship in an 100 Km orbit around Laythe. Today I loaded the game and I'm in a deep fall towards it! I'm at 100 Km but falling FAST, it's like a lost all my orbital velocity or something.

Any idea how to solve it? (I guess none) or how to prevent this from happening again?

Ok, ok. I panicked. I'll just hyperedit the thing back to a 100x100 orbitz... Still. What a bug!

Edited by Rosco P. Coltrane

Ok, I know what happened. When I got to Laythe I discovered that, yes, I forgot the ladder... So screw it, I hacked gravity to board poor Jeb back in the ship. That apparently caused mayhem with the ship in orbit. For what I can understand, when you hack gravity, the speed of your ship (and apparently all vessels in orbit) is adjusted to it wont get to escape velocity (because gravity now is really weak). When you unhack, vessels will continue to have the post-hack speed and boom!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.