Favorite moon? Except Laythe!!!

panzerknoef

Favorite moon!  

1. 1. Favorite moon!

The Mün is awesome! Canyons, craters, hole on the pole, anomalies! Also, it is the only moon I have ever landed on other then Gilly. Ike would be a close runner up, and I might of chose it if I landed there. It is tidally locked to Duna, and is almost impossible not to get a encounter. Vall would also be close, with amazing views of Jool and the other moons. It is also beautiful. Then Laythe, simply because of the view and the ability to use jets.

You know, I'm just going to vote for Pol, show it a little love. I've got this weird longing to go back there after having visited it only once, and it's certainly one of the most unique places in the game. That said, the rest of the moons are essentially on par, for me anyway, because they all offer something different; Mun for being like our own Moon, Minmus for the lakes, and Jool's moons for some of the best views in the game, to give a few examples.

If we go by number of missions, mine would be Mün, simply because it's easier to get to and I'm working up to my first kerballed landing Apollo-style, along the way simulating in some respects the Apollo program in general (learning the ins and outs of FRT, discovering just how much ÃŽâ€V it takes (by way of not having enough) to enter orbit and then return to Kerbin, etc.).

But really I much prefer Minmus. That little ball of minty ice cream is just so much prettier, and more delicious! Maybe I'll change me mind in the future when I finally leave Kerbin's local system and explore other planets and moons, but for now Minmus is my favorite!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.