[1.2.0] Toolbar 1.7.13 - Common API for draggable/resizable buttons toolbar

blizzy78

Hi Maximus88,

I understand your problem, and being a KSP newcomer myself, I was a little confused at first.

The toolbar simply collects together any of the addons that are built to use it. The configuration allows you to control which are displayed. However, as you have noticed, the buttons do not always show, and this is because they are context sensitive.

I'm not entirely familiar with Crew Manifest yet, but if I may I'll use Infernal Robotics as an example. During the build in the VAB for example, The IR button doesn't become active until I use a robotic part, similarly, a craft without robotic parts does not display the IR button while on the launchpad, or to be more precise "in flight mode". In the case of Crew Manifest, perhaps you need to satisfy certain criteria in the same way. I simply don't know what they are yet, so perhaps some else could explain, but in essence, most buttons on the toolbar will do little unless they actually have something to do.

Engineer for example has build aids in the VAB, but only after placing an engineer part, and a "Flight aid" during flight that gives performance data. Toolbar allows these to be toggled on and off. and usually most mods have their own configuration menus. Some addons have a menu option that places their button on the toolbar, so it might be worth exploring to see if they are Toolbar aware.

I posted two screenshots? Idk what happened to my reply.

Your first few posts need to be moderated to check that you're not a spammer. I think you should be ok from here though.

The thing is just that Crew Manifest only works in the flight scene (if I remember correctly.) Yet, it advertises to the Toolbar Plugin that its button works in all scenes. But when you click on it in the VAB for example, just nothing happens. This is a bug that should be fixed in the Crew Manifest plugin. (Although I think it has been superseded by the Ship Manifest plugin.)

Has anyone else encountered, since updating to 0.24 (and with the most recent version), that the position reset every time you change the screen? I have no idea why that would happen--it's a bit problematic since you have to move it, or it will cover up existing buttons?

Edited by Synthesis

Could it be that its just reporting it to be incompatible because 24.2 is a new version number? A sort of false positive if you will. I have not had the chance to test this theory because I am not home right now.

You must be kidding. :-(

CompatibilityChecker will always return incompatible on a revision change, unless you change the return from IsCompatible to not check the revision number (delete line 58, close parens on 57 after deleting the &&)

I've said this on the thread for a few of the other mods. Lets all be patient and drink a beer in honor of the hard working mod makers. They have been working hard to get our favorite mods updated for us all.

Cheers blizzy78, and a beer for you and the others

I take a coke :D

The Toolbar seems to work somehow even if not updated, so yeah patience is everything.

Just throwing this out there...

I just saw the new addon rules thread and unless it gets changed, come August 21st, the Toolbar will be breaking forum rules, specifically 4b:

4. Forbidden code

Your plugin may not:

a) edit, delete, or create files outside of the KSP installation folder.

B) introduce anything in the game meant for (personal) profit. This includes ads and donation buttons.

c) remove or modify Squad logo's or copyright notices

Edited by ObsessedWithKSP
grammar fixes, proper link

I know you modders must want to kill squad right now but toolbar is incompatible with 24.2. However it still works in game which is all that matters. Error messages are just annoying.

Just throwing this out there...

I just saw the new addon rules thread and unless it gets changed, come August 21st, the Toolbar will be breaking forum rules, specifically 4b:

Actually I don't think the toolbar's breaking the rules, because the donation button is not in the toolbar itself, it's in the download page.

introduce anything in the game meant for (personal) profit. This includes ads and donation buttons.
(emphasis mine)

Speaking of the new rules, I really like this one:

For assemblies, you may only use exposed public or protected members of classes

That will make plugins that depend on other plugins a lot more stable.

Edited by OrbitalDebris

Actually I don't think the toolbar's breaking the rules, because the donation button is not in the toolbar itself, it's in the download page.

(emphasis mine)

From the wording, they mean there cant be a donation button in the game.

Could it be that its just reporting it to be incompatible because 24.2 is a new version number? A sort of false positive if you will.

That is correct, most of the time.

CompatibilityChecker will always return incompatible on a revision change, unless you change the return from IsCompatible to not check the revision number

I know. I'm the more careful type.

You are a very observant man. So am I.

Also, this is not a forum rules discussion thread.

You are a very observant man. So am I.

Also, this is not a forum rules discussion thread.

There is no thread to discuss forum rules, so this one will do just fine, as that's the mod suspected of breaking them.