BROKEN [0.90] TextureReplacer 2.1.2 (20.12.2014)

shaw

@Cydonian Monk: Yes, please upload the textures. I created an equivalent situation but everything works as it's supposed to. Do you still have some DLL form a previous TR? In 1.4 it was moved inside Plugins/ folder.

Inside the TextureReplacer Game Data File have separate files for normal maps, planet textures, part textures.

e.g. GameData\TextureReplacer\Normal Maps

Would make file placement easier and show off the features more?

Sorry wasn't very clear with my request.

@Cydonian Monk: Yes, please upload the textures. I created an equivalent situation but everything works as it's supposed to. Do you still have some DLL form a previous TR? In 1.4 it was moved inside Plugins/ folder.

I'll double check, but I'm fairly certain I deleted the other DLL. I'll upload a zip of the colorful version of the Heads folder to Dropbox along with the config file when I get home (assuming I don't find two copies of the DLLs).

A ha! Yep, that was it. I had two of the DLL installed. Weird that both of them worked. I even remember reading the note in the change log about you moving it... and I still missed it. (Which is odd since I usually overwrite the folder straight from the download and then copy my textures back in... and OS-X doesn't do file merge by default.) I blame sleep deprivation and my usual boneheadedness.

Thanks!

Hahaha, me too. I tried to fix his head for the custom one made for him on this save, but couldn't get it right. So, I think I'll just let him stick with his new... aham... preferences...

Inside the TextureReplacer Game Data File have separate files for normal maps, planet textures, part textures.

e.g. GameData\TextureReplacer\Normal Maps

Would make file placement easier and show off the features more?

Sorry wasn't very clear with my request.

I don't agree with that. Duplication whole directory hierarchy for normal maps? Normal maps are usually bundled with their albedo/diffuse counterparts, they should me in the same directory, splitting them into another directory would make a mess.

About different directories for part and planet texture, I also don't agree. Currently everything you put into `Default/` replaces internal texture with exactly the same name. That way you can replace any texture if only you know its internal name, not just a predetermined set. Changing that hierarchy would make it work more like UR, where you have a configuration file where you must have an entry for each texture you want to replace. That may be "fancier" but it's certainly less flexible and more complex on the long run.

I don't agree with that. Duplication whole directory hierarchy for normal maps? Normal maps are usually bundled with their albedo/diffuse counterparts, they should me in the same directory, splitting them into another directory would make a mess.

About different directories for part and planet texture, I also don't agree. Currently everything you put into `Default/` replaces internal texture with exactly the same name. That way you can replace any texture if only you know its internal name, not just a predetermined set. Changing that hierarchy would make it work more like UR, where you have a configuration file where you must have an entry for each texture you want to replace. That may be "fancier" but it's certainly less flexible and more complex on the long run.

live and let live

I have a problem. I have the jetpack and helmet o not disappear on atmospheric EVA, but it still does. I'm not sure what is wrong. Interestingly enough, it shows the custom suit texture just fine, it just doesn't show the helmet and jetpack.

I have a problem. I have the jetpack and helmet o not disappear on atmospheric EVA, but it still does. I'm not sure what is wrong. Interestingly enough, it shows the custom suit texture just fine, it just doesn't show the helmet and jetpack.

Does `isAtmSuitEnabled = false` in @Default.cfg have no effect? Or do you still use some old *.tcfg config files? Maybe do you still have an old DLL in `GameData/TextureReplacer/` (the new DLL must be in `GameData/TextureReplacer/Plugins/`)?

I just have a (hopefully) simple question.

Could anybody explain how to get all my kerbals to have the same EVA (and IVA) suit, but keep the different heads. I tried adding one of green skulls custom suits, but that generates randomly on half of the kerbals. And i added an IVA suit and only 2 of 10 kerbals have had it so far. Anyone got and ideas how i could make them all have the same suit, but keep different heads?

Thanks in advance :D

I'm still running KSP 0.23 Linux. Can someone confirm which version I should download for compatibility with that build of KSP? Is the latest 1.4.1 backward compatible to 0.23?

EDIT: Answered. Thank you kindly, Shaw. Much obliged.

Edited by HoustonDave

I'm still runing KSP 0.23 Linux. Can someone confirm which version I should download for compatibility with that build of KSP? Is the latest 1.4.1 backward compatible to 0.23?

Try 1.4.1, maybe it works. 1.3.4 is the last compiled for 0.23.0.

...Now we can have a Star Trek pack! :D

Once somebody does that... they get cookies. And rep. Lots of rep.

This guy's already made Star Trek pack, but hasn't released it. Green Skull will release them once he makes suits.