BROKEN [0.90] TextureReplacer 2.1.2 (20.12.2014)

shaw

well it seems that Jeb Bill and Bob's Heads are not specific to them or at least thats what the game thinks Cuz when I put all the heads in the heads folder the heads are random so how do I set specific head for specific kerbals?

Anyone on to help me?!

You have to edit yor KSP_win/Gamedata/TextureReplacer/@Default.cfg,To look like:

CustomKerbals
{
// Custom heads and suits for specific Kerbals. Entries are of the form:
//
// Name = headTex [suitDir]
//
// where `headTex` is an image (without extension) inside `Heads/` and
// `suitDir` is a subdirectory inside `Suits/` containing textures for a
// suit. `DEFAULT` keeps the default head/suit textures from `Default/` and
// `GENERIC` assigns a generic head/suit using the same rules as for the
// generic Kerbals. If `suitDir` is missing then `GENERIC` is assumed.
//
// Examples:
//
// Huey Kerman = head1 Suit1
// Dewey Kerman = head2 DEFAULT
// Louie Kerman = head3
// Donald Kerman = DEFAULT DEFAULT
// Daisy Kerman = DEFAULT
// Scrooge Kerman = GENERIC Suit2
//
Bill Kerman = Bill
Bob Kerman = Bob
Jebediah Kerman = Jeb
}

GenericKerbals
{
// Prevent the following heads from being assigned to generic Kerbals.
// The list must be space- and/or comma-separated.
excludedHeads = Bill Bob Jeb

You can open and edit @Default.cfg with defaoult texteditor.

And what's in your configuration file (`@Default.cfg` and possibly other .cfg files inside `GameData/TextureReplacer/`? Is it:

CustomKerbals
{
Jebediah Kerman = Jeb
Bill Kerman = Bill
Bob Kerman = Bob
}

Have you tried Renaissance pack? Do heads work correctly there?

I am having issues with this mod. It is causing all of my orbits and several of the planets to have a weird white dotted flickering around them, making them look aliased. Removing the mod immediately fixes the issue. I had universe replacer installed before this and didn't have the same issue. Also, this mod seems to make the game physics stutter MUCH worse as it was almost gone with the last few updates and with this I am getting stuttering every few seconds.

AQstgGM.jpg

I had a similar issue. I don't recall whether it was to do with anisotropic filtering or anti-aliasing, though. If it was due to anti-aliasing, you're better off turning off anti-aliasing in the game settings and forcing it in your graphics card settings.

Hey could anybody help me with the Oinker's Skybox installation? I have placed the unzipped "Oinker's Kerbal Skybox" into the GameData Folder, I ofcourse have the TR installed, and in the loading screen it shows that it's loading, but the skybox in-game is still the stock one. Help please? Also here's my GameData folder

STLJZmI.png

I had a similar issue. I don't recall whether it was to do with anisotropic filtering or anti-aliasing, though. If it was due to anti-aliasing, you're better off turning off anti-aliasing in the game settings and forcing it in your graphics card settings.

Already tried that and it didn't work. Same for anisotropic filtering.

Hey could anybody help me with the Oinker's Skybox installation? I have placed the unzipped "Oinker's Kerbal Skybox" into the GameData Folder, I ofcourse have the TR installed, and in the loading screen it shows that it's loading, but the skybox in-game is still the stock one. Help please? Also here's my GameData folder

You need to put all the .tga files in the Default folder of TextureReplacer.

I am having issues with this mod. It is causing all of my orbits and several of the planets to have a weird white dotted flickering around them, making them look aliased. Removing the mod immediately fixes the issue. I had universe replacer installed before this and didn't have the same issue. Also, this mod seems to make the game physics stutter MUCH worse as it was almost gone with the last few updates and with this I am getting stuttering every few seconds.

http://i.imgur.com/AQstgGM.jpg

Do you see any exceptions beginning with "[TR.TextureReplacer]" in your KSP.log?

Hellu, first long time user of your great plugin =)The way it can be used to replace the sky and to make the kerbals more unique is a big thumbs up for me.

Second, the way it can disable the helmet part from the suit on the ground, are you replacing the shader used? Can we have it disabled forever so to speak?

cheers

Ey Shaw, just want to say many thanks for the last update. Seems to manage the memory much better and the game seems a bit more fluid.

You are a master!

Does that also happen in TR 1.5? Other mods shouldn't be able to re-enable hidden meshes in 1.5.

I was not using 1.5 yet. Let me check to see if it still happens here.

Hellu, first long time user of your great plugin =)The way it can be used to replace the sky and to make the kerbals more unique is a big thumbs up for me.

Second, the way it can disable the helmet part from the suit on the ground, are you replacing the shader used? Can we have it disabled forever so to speak?

cheers

No, I hide static meshes (headlight flares, jetpack flags and jet streams) while skinned meshes (helmet, jetpack, eyes) are "sabotaged" rather than hidden from 1.5.0 on to prevent other plugins from re-enabling them. E.g. KerbalQuest Jetpacks plugin re-enables jetpack & co. and KSP re-enables eyes each time a portrait is recreated. You can disable helmet/jetpack hiding by setting `isAtmSuitEnabled = false` in a configuration file (e.g. in `@Default.cfg`, but I recommend creating an alternative one that only contains options you change, since `@Default.cfg` should be overwritten on each version update).

Ey Shaw, just want to say many thanks for the last update. Seems to manage the memory much better and the game seems a bit more fluid.

You are a master!

Unfortunately, textures are unloaded when everything is already loaded, just before the main menu opens, since several parts require textures to be still readable while being loaded (models and parts are loaded last). This means the peak memory usage is not lowered by much (and hence you cannot load any more mods than usually). ATM is still recommended for best effect.

Unfortunately, textures are unloaded when everything is already loaded, just before the main menu opens, since several parts require textures to be still readable while being loaded (models and parts are loaded last). This means the peak memory usage is not lowered by much (and hence you cannot load any more mods than usually). ATM is still recommended for best effect.

Completely agree, but yet you can find a clear memory improvement in the last version, for sure. Step by step!

You are doing an amazing job with this mod!

Is anyone using v1.5 of TR along with KSRPC? It was working fine with TR 1.4, but when I upgraded to 1.5 I started to have this bug. It's only certain command pod textures that are replaced by KSPRC. All of the other Squad parts being replaced load just fine.

FWIW I did a FULL uninstall and reinstall of ATM, TR, EVE, & KSRPC. As soon as I move over the Squad replacement textures from KSRPC it gives me this problem still:

It's all of the replaced command pod textures, including the hitchhiker & cupola module, but excluding the 1 man capsule and 1 man lander can.

nfdOcp8.jpg