BROKEN [0.90] TextureReplacer 2.1.2 (20.12.2014)

shaw

Hi, I'm sure this has been addressed in past questions, but I don't feel like reading 88 pages of notes. Sorry, lazy.

I like my little generic green kerbals, and want to keep them. Is there a way to prevent the random heads, leaving me with the originals?

Thanks for the help!

Hi, I'm sure this has been addressed in past questions, but I don't feel like reading 88 pages of notes. Sorry, lazy.

I like my little generic green kerbals, and want to keep them. Is there a way to prevent the random heads, leaving me with the originals?

Thanks for the help!

Add all heads to "excludeHeads" array. (Maybe you can also delete ones you don't use for custom Kerbals). If you mean the stock head, you should also delete `Default/kerbalHead.png`.

Do you see any exceptions beginning with "[TR.TextureReplacer]" in your KSP.log?

No there are no references to that other than [LOG 22:43:46.466] [TR.TextureReplacer] Reading configuration: TextureReplacer/@Default/TextureReplacer

EDIT: I was able to fix the orbits aliased look and pretty much the planets too, however the stutter is still there. Removing this mod reduces the stutter dramatically and/or removes it. It's game breaking because it is pausing the entire game every 3-4 seconds for half a second with this in.

Edited by raidernick

I wish I could unfortunately It's the absence of the Kerbal that is the issue. However I figured out that this does not have to do with TextureReplacer. On to other mods!

I'm not sure if this is a texture replacer issue, but the people in the Green Skull thread pointed me here.

I've modified the @greenskull.cfg that his pack came with, but I don't think I changed anything that should have broken the code. Mostly I just changed the file names. The problem is that none of the configs for the generic Kerbals appear to be working. The suits I have assigned to Bob, Bill and Jeb aren't being excluded from the pool used by the generics, even though I put them under "excludedSuits =" and the capsule interiors listed on "cabin suits" are not restricting to just their assigned suits.

I'm not sure if this is a texture replacer issue, but the people in the Green Skull thread pointed me here.

I've modified the @greenskull.cfg that his pack came with, but I don't think I changed anything that should have broken the code. Mostly I just changed the file names. The problem is that none of the configs for the generic Kerbals appear to be working. The suits I have assigned to Bob, Bill and Jeb aren't being excluded from the pool used by the generics, even though I put them under "excludedSuits =" and the capsule interiors listed on "cabin suits" are not restricting to just their assigned suits.

Could you upload your configs and preferably also suits, some minimal set, so I can recreate your situation?

Has anyone made an asteroid texture? If so, couldd you PM me the original Squad texture for the asteroid?

I don't think it's possible to replace asteroid textures, a texture is fed into shader differently than for regular models. I haven't found out the details yet because I still haven't located that shader in game assets.

I haven't tested it, but I see one obvious mistake: "excludedSuits = ..." etc. must be all in one line! If you put something on a new line Unity treats it as a separate key/value entry. In that case it means everything that's not in the same line as excludedSuits (or excludedHeads) is ignored.

I don't think it's possible to replace asteroid textures, a texture is fed into shader differently than for regular models. I haven't found out the details yet because I still haven't located that shader in game assets.

Why is there a folder in the TextureReplacer folder called "Asteroids"?

Why is there a folder in the TextureReplacer folder called "Asteroids"?

Oops. Shouldn't be. I've been implementing support for replacing asteroid textures but never finished it.

With great difficulty. At least that's my experience with TR so far. :/

I've been trying to use custom suits for Jeb, Bill, and Bob, without success. I have a directory in Suits called KSP_Orange_Suit, so the file structure looks like this (please ignore the wonky rendering here; take a look at a raw quote:

/Suits/KSP_Orange_Suit/EVAhelmet.png
/Suits/KSP_Orange_Suit/EVAtexture.png
/Suits/KSP_Orange_Suit/EVAtextureNRM.png
/Suits/KSP_Orange_Suit/EVAvisor.png
/Suits/KSP_Orange_Suit/kerbalHelmetGrey.png
/Suits/KSP_Orange_Suit/kerbalMainGrey.png
/Suits/KSP_Orange_Suit/kerbalMainNRM.png

In the @Default config, I've tried various permutations of the CustomKerbals section/array, with all the interpretations I can think of based on the comments in the file (please ignore the wonky rendering here; take a look at a raw quote instead):

Jebediah Kerman = DEFAULT [KSP_Orange_Suit]
Bill Kerman = DEFAULT [KSP_Orange_Suit]
Bob Kerman = DEFAULT [KSP_Orange_Suit]

OR

Jebediah Kerman = DEFAULT KSP_Orange_Suit
Bill Kerman = DEFAULT KSP_Orange_Suit
Bob Kerman = DEFAULT KSP_Orange_Suit

OR

Jebediah Kerman = DEFAULT KSP_Orange_Suit
Bill Kerman = DEFAULT KSP_Orange_Suit
Bob Kerman = DEFAULT KSP_Orange_Suit

OR

Jebediah Kerman = DEFAULT [KSP_Orange_Suit]
Bill Kerman = DEFAULT [KSP_Orange_Suit]
Bob Kerman = DEFAULT [KSP_Orange_Suit]

None of those replace the suits Bill, Bob, and Jeb wear. They all still get assigned the suit files in the /Default/ folder. Ideas?

Edit: Should I only ever be putting suit textures in /Suits/ ? Is that the root of the problem? Because that'd be annoying, if /Default/ actually takes priority for suits no matter what.

Edited by phoenix_ca

@proot: i love what youve done with pimp my kerbals. the textures on jeb, bill and bob are the best ive seen. i would love it if you could make more heads, all varied personalities, females etc with the same warm green texture. what may work is your PMK skin tone with the the hair of Extension of Sylith's Kerbal heads pack.

are you interested? if not ill combine the two with shaw's and your blessing. thanks again for the fantastic mod; its exactly what i need for my film project. :)

Well this is downright infuriating for me now. Sometimes a texture is applied (head texture for Bill Kerman worked), but sometimes it isn't (suit textures worked, I changed a few and they promptly stopped working all-around again; head textures for Jeb and Bob stopped working again, for no damn reason, I changed nothing relating to those in the config). There's no rhyme or reason to it that I can discern.

Edit: More fun, it doesn't even work with a clean install.

Or a clean config: http://pastebin.com/Lz7znbEJ

The behaviour I'm seeing now is that TR is completely ignoring my settings in the CustomKerbals array. They are assigned all textures as if they were generic, even though I have explicitly declared otherwise.

Edit: This makes no sense and it's hurting my brain. I need a drink.

Edit 2: This all seems to have been caused by hard tabs. I'm so bloody used to my environments in Linux and OS X (in which I have soft tabs enabled for Geany and TextMate 2 respectively), that I forgot to enable soft tabs (again) in Notepad++.

Now excuse me while I go curse parsers and their goddamn annoying existence being so bloody imperfect. -.-

Edited by phoenix_ca

This makes no sense and it's hurting my brain. I need a drink.

I had same problem,needed 4 days to figure it out.

when looked at your .cfg i'm seeing some strange names.Try to rename yor heads to headBill,headBob,headJeb and put them in heads folder.For suit,make folder in suits and name it SuitKspOrange,put all textures you whant to use wth that suit in that folder.(mine is:EVAhelmet.png,EVAtexture.png,EVAtextureNRM.png,kerbalHelmetNRM.png,kerbalHelmetGrey.png,kerbalMainGrey.png,kerbalMainNRM.png)

then edit @Default.cfg to look like this:

CustomKerbals
{

Bill Kerman = headBill SuitKspOrange
Bob Kerman = headBob SuitKspOrange
Jebediah Kerman = headJeb SuitKspOrange
}

GenericKerbals
{
excludedHeads = headBill headBob headJeb
excludedSuits = SuitKspOrange
femaleHeads =
femaleSuits =
eyelessHeads =
suitAssignment = random
}

You have to watch for small letters and spaces!

Edited by sebi.zzr

Yeah. The problem is that the parser can't handle tabs. Spaces yes, tabs no. I just needed to turn-on soft tabs in Notepad++ so that I could make a file that's readable, as well as functional. It's a common problem in programming. I just had to remind myself that parsers suck and will break often and for illusive reasons.

1.5.0 crashes with LAZOR systems and JSI RasterProp Monitor(with KSI extension)...

LAZOR: changes UI textures to Unity stock version. Mod is functional and usable but feels awkward.

RasterProp: Every screen becomes plain texture, shows nothing on screen. No buttons work.

Is there any way to solve those problems?

1.5.0 crashes with LAZOR systems and JSI RasterProp Monitor(with KSI extension)...

LAZOR: changes UI textures to Unity stock version. Mod is functional and usable but feels awkward.

RasterProp: Every screen becomes plain texture, shows nothing on screen. No buttons work.

Is there any way to solve those problems?

I've tested this on a KSP installation with just TR, Lazor, JSI and KSI MFD mods installed, but I haven't experienced any of the issues you describe. Maybe there's also something else that causes those problems. Could you look into KSP.log if there are any exceptions from TR (should look like "[TR.TextureReplacer] SomethingException: ...")?

I've tested this on a KSP installation with just TR, Lazor, JSI and KSI MFD mods installed, but I haven't experienced any of the issues you describe. Maybe there's also something else that causes those problems. Could you look into KSP.log if there are any exceptions from TR (should look like "[TR.TextureReplacer] SomethingException: ...")?

Sorry for late reply.

Unfortunately, I cannot find any abnormalities in the log file. I'll attach it anyway.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/711793/KSP.log

And... here's how the LAZOR looks like after installing 1.5.0 version.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/711793/ksp_oops1.jpg

It was working fine with 1.4.X.