BROKEN [0.90] TextureReplacer 2.1.2 (20.12.2014)

shaw

I do have a question on this. I have the Green Skull suits as well as the KSP suits installed, however, no matter what suit a Kerbal has, they always end up with the Green Skull helmet (some with the black visor, some without). How do I prevent the Kerbals who aren't wearing a GS suit from getting the GS helmet?

I do have a question on this. I have the Green Skull suits as well as the KSP suits installed, however, no matter what suit a Kerbal has, they always end up with the Green Skull helmet (some with the black visor, some without). How do I prevent the Kerbals who aren't wearing a GS suit from getting the GS helmet?

Maybe overrides the helmet texture in `Default/` directory? You should ask GreenSkull, I don't use his packs and don't know exact layout of the files.

Here is the log:

http://pastebin.com/DTBtpPGR

It didn't explicitly say anything about texture replacer from what I can see, but it crashed when it attempted to load texture replacer. When I removed it, it loaded fine.

I think you uploaded the wrong log. This one doesn't load TextureReplacer.

I think you uploaded the wrong log. This one doesn't load TextureReplacer.

Yeah, you're right. Just remembered that's the log that ran after I removed texture replacer. Let me reload it and repaste the correct log. My bad.

Maybe you've ran out of memory? I've read somewhere on forum that Linux (x86_64!) still suffers the same memory limitation as the 32-bit version.

Try to enable texture compression. KSPRC disables it -- I don't know why, probably because Proot intended it to be used in conjunction with ATM. Just delete the `isCompressionEnabled = never` line in `TextureReplacer/KSPRC.cfg`. If it still crashes, try to remove some planet textures.

Hi,

I am having some trouble with strange dark shading on custom spacesuits when using ATM with TR!!!?!?!?!?

Any ideas?

That's my mistake. The ATM configuration distributed with TR is actually made for a "fixed" version of ATM, actually a merger of ATM & TR.

The problem is that ATM doesn't load normal maps as normal maps but as regular textures. The quick fix is to remove `GameData/BoulderCo/ActiveTextureManagerConfigs/TextureReplacer.cfg`. An alternative is to add a list of normal maps to that file, like:

NORMAL_LIST
{
texture = TextureReplacer/Default/EVAtextureNRM
texture = TextureReplacer/Default/EVAjetpackNRM
texture = TextureReplacer/Default/kerbalHelmetNRM
// etc.
}

That's my mistake. The ATM configuration distributed with TR is actually made for a "fixed" version of ATM, actually a merger of ATM & TR.

The problem is that ATM doesn't load normal maps as normal maps but as regular textures. The quick fix is to remove `GameData/BoulderCo/ActiveTextureManagerConfigs/TextureReplacer.cfg`. An alternative is to add a list of normal maps to that file, like:

NORMAL_LIST
{
texture = TextureReplacer/Default/EVAtextureNRM
texture = TextureReplacer/Default/EVAjetpackNRM
texture = TextureReplacer/Default/kerbalHelmetNRM
// etc.
}

You are a genius :D

I added the normal list and everything is great :D

Add "^Romfarer/textures" and "/MFD/" to "keepReadable" list in "@Default.cfg":

keepReadable = /RPM/ /MFD/ ^JSI/ ^BoulderCo/Clouds/ ^WarpPlugin/ ^Romfarer/textures

I think that should fix your issues.

Ok so I tried this on my config and it did not fix the issue. Here is a log file, I don't know if it will help but I see thats what everyone asks for :Phttps://www.dropbox.com/s/84qcl035olpbg79/KSP.log

Where can I find the stock space suit textures? (so I can make a new version)

I actually can't find where the game keeps any of the Kerbal textures or models.

look here.

look here.

I think I've found the textures in question using the Assets Explorer, but they're not in a format that I can open...

I know I could just search what I need to open them or convert them to something I can open... but I'm kinda just lazy.

AssetExplorer has an option to export textures as DDS (I think you right click a texture). If you use Gimp you must install gimp dds plugin.

AssetExplorer has an option to export textures as DDS (I think you right click a texture). If you use Gimp you must install gimp dds plugin.

Alright, I'll look into that

thanks

Edited by jfull

Well, I eventually decided not to modify the stock suit textures (they're pretty boring anyway) and instead edited the Pimp my Kerbals suits.

These are the new suits I'll be using in my ongoing mission report series:

E8E52E38C19BE131AEFD991AD61214E46588B41F

I removed most of their base color and added the different colored sections. I also put in little rank indicators (the gold bars on the left arm).

AC0F49B13DEE4E4B08F8A2BAD66B6D3B4799005F

The EVA suits are kinda bland by comparison, I might have to make some more changes later.

If anyone wants these, just let me know and I'll upload them somewhere.

I should let you know though, the edits are just a little bit sloppy, and I might need to get permission from the creator of the Pimp my Kerbals pack

Edited by jfull

I just got the base download. If you recall, I said something about not wanting to change the suits or the heads of my kerbals. Looking through, I can't see any added textures for suits or heads anywhere. Does this not come with textures of its own? Does the base file only include the shaded visor and the capability to change things up?

I just got the base download. If you recall, I said something about not wanting to change the suits or the heads of my kerbals. Looking through, I can't see any added textures for suits or heads anywhere. Does this not come with textures of its own? Does the base file only include the shaded visor and the capability to change things up?

You have to download textures packs separately. Read OP.

Well, I eventually decided not to modify the stock suit textures (they're pretty boring anyway) and instead edited the Pimp my Kerbals suits.

These are the new suits I'll be using in my ongoing mission report series:

http://cloud-3.steampowered.com/ugc/3316086302860432811/E8E52E38C19BE131AEFD991AD61214E46588B41F/

I removed most of their base color and added the different colored sections. I also put in little rank indicators (the gold bars on the left arm).

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/3316086302860882809/AC0F49B13DEE4E4B08F8A2BAD66B6D3B4799005F/

The EVA suits are kinda bland by comparison, I might have to make some more changes later.

If anyone wants these, just let me know and I'll upload them somewhere.

I should let you know though, the edits are just a little bit sloppy, and I might need to get permission from the creator of the Pimp my Kerbals pack

Oooo please do upload them! I like the IVA ones the best. :)

Oooo please do upload them! I like the IVA ones the best. :)

Proot said it was fine to upload them, so I will, but not until I've made some decent edits to the EVA suits, I've got a few ideas to improve those.

Overall, I'm trying to create slightly futuristic suits that would fit well in later career mode. The EVA suits will (hopefully) look a bit more rugged that other ones out there, adapted for use in environments like Duna, Laythe, or Eve (if you really, really want to send Kerbals there).

I'm even going to see if I can add little knee and elbow pads to the suits.