BROKEN [0.90] TextureReplacer 2.1.2 (20.12.2014)

shaw

Compatible with Astronomer's Visual Pack :/

Guessing never?

I'm not the author of Astronomer's Visual Pack and I haven't ever tried it. If this incompatibility occurred with 1.6.1, that's not TR's fault. I haven't changed a single line of code except the version number.

And what exactly doesn't work? Could you upload your log file?

Compatible with Astronomer's Visual Pack :/

Guessing never?

They work fine for me. It's better to tell the person information about the incompatibility rather than just saying "guessing it's never gonna be compatible."

When the helmet is removed the neck part stays there. Would it be possible to remove that so we can have Kerbals in normal suits (on EVA on Kerbin and in cabin)? Like this:

kerbal_characters.jpg

Edited by Pingonaut

They work fine for me. It's better to tell the person information about the incompatibility rather than just saying "guessing it's never gonna be compatible."

When the helmet is removed the neck part stays there. Would it be possible to remove that so we can have Kerbals in normal suits (on EVA on Kerbin and in cabin)? Like this:

http://www.spaceflightonline.net/images/kerbal_characters.jpg

No directly. Neck collar is the same mesh as the body and cannot be hidden.

However, it might be possible to replace the body mesh with Gene Kerman's body, but I don't know if the animations would still work. I'll look into that some once I have more time.

Hihi, two things:

1, I re-installed this once x64 was made available and am loving it. Got an 8k skybox and most of KSPRC running and it's going great. Only thing I'd like some clarification on is where the skybox files go. Am I right in thinking that for normal use, they go in Default and if I want them to be reflected in the EVA visor etc, they go in EnvMap as well?

2, I had a recent session spammed with errors coming from TR:

[TR.TextureReplacer] System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'CrewRoster' from assembly 'Assembly-CSharp, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.
at TextureReplacer.Personaliser.replaceKerbalSkins () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at TextureReplacer.Personaliser.updateScene () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at TextureReplacer.TextureReplacer.LateUpdate () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Any reason why this would happen? It didn't have an effect on gameplay or anything but it would spam the output log with this whenever I loaded up a vessel anywhere. I have removed the replacement heads from KSPRC though - would that affect it?

Thanks for a great mod that fits right at home in 64bit :)

1. Yes. If you put them to EnvMap too, it's strongly recommended to reduce the size (e.g. to 64x64) to avoid performance issues.

2. Update to TR 1.6.1. 1.6.0 only works with KSP 0.23.5 and 1.6.1 only works with KSP 0.24. Otherwise, they are identical.

Hi everyone. I've been looking to do some short films with KSP and over the last few weeks I've been on the visual mod journey to tart-up my installation. I have to say I'm blown away by the amazing work the community has done. The only thing missing was costumes for my corporations. So, I've put some time in to put together an asset pack so I can quickly sew spacesuits for different organisations and officer ranks. I thought other people might find the work I've done useful for their own customisations.

I've used proot's Pimp My Kerbals textures as I couldn't get an uncorrupted extraction of the shared assets files. They look great so, I'm pretty happy to use them. Kudos to proot for his work on making some great base textures to work from. I'm no artist but, I can use image editing tools.

Here's a look at O-Dock Industries basic space-walk livery.

Javascript is disabled. View full album

I'm looking to do the same work on IVA suits but, as I don't need them yet, I'm not going to flesh out a set of assets in the immediate future.

If you want to grab the pack, I've assumed you have a basic understanding of Photoshop/Gimp to work with the assets provided. I work on Gimp and Ive supplied XCF, PSD and PNG(layers) files but I can't guarantee the PSD files. Even though I'm using the Gimp 2.8, I've had trouble a few years ago with alpha channel corruption exporting to PSD(last time I needed to export for PSer). PNGs have been provided to reconstruct the image layers if needed.

I may look to create more layers from the image details if I deem it useful to myself. As it stands, there's metterial enough to put together a kicking Sunday Social Spacesuit Sewing Club. :)

Download: Spacesuit Sewing Kit v1.0

License extends Pimp My Kerbals - CC-NY-NC

Hi everyone. I've been looking to do some short films with KSP and over the last few weeks I've been on the visual mod journey to tart-up my installation. I have to say I'm blown away by the amazing work the community has done. The only thing missing was costumes for my corporations. So, I've put some time in to put together an asset pack so I can quickly sew spacesuits for different organisations and officer ranks. I thought other people might find the work I've done useful for their own customisations.

Very cool, thanks! I've been attempting to do the same thing recently, what level of transparency should I make the textures (I'd like to do the same thing as this with a few custom suits). I'm wanting learn how to do this a bit more efficiently, would you (or anyone else) mind explaining the process?

How do you isolate them into new layers?

@O-Doc: Normal maps in Pimp My Kerbals are wrong (but still look approximately right), they should be usual, bluish. You can use gimp-normalmap plug-in to re-generate them.

Hi all, I attempted to do this all on my own, and the random heads are working great! However, I tried to do some custom Kerbals, and it didn't work.

CustomKerbals
{
Bill Kerman = BILLkerbalHead GSI_Black_Suit
Bob Kerman = BOBkerbalHead GSI_Black_Suit
Jeb Kerman = JEBkerbalHead GSI_Black_Suit
Stephen Pershaw Kerman = kerbalHead_m40 GSI_Black_Suit
}

I removed the redacted code. The BILLkerbalHead.png is in the heads folder, under generickerbals the BOB BILL and JEB heads are excluded. The GSI_Black_Suit is in the suits/Green skull inc/GSI_Black_Suit directory and I tried to follow the directions, but I must have missed something.... does anyone know what I did wrong?

Hi all, I attempted to do this all on my own, and the random heads are working great! However, I tried to do some custom Kerbals, and it didn't work.

CustomKerbals
{
}

I removed the redacted code. The BILLkerbalHead.png is in the heads folder, under generickerbals the BOB BILL and JEB heads are excluded. The GSI_Black_Suit is in the suits/Green skull inc/GSI_Black_Suit directory and I tried to follow the directions, but I must have missed something.... does anyone know what I did wrong?

Okay, but what's wrong? What isn't happening correctly?

CustomKerbals
{
}

Head textures must be `TextureReplacer/Heads/BILLkerbalHead.png` etc. and suit textures `TextureReplacer/Suits/GSI_Black_Suit/EVAtexture.png` etc. And watch for letter case, it does matter, even on Windows.

Edited by shaw

Oh sorry, they ended up with random heads, so we're I just put the name it needs the full path and extension. I Will try that

No you have it set up right in the .cfg file. You have the heads and the suit in the wrong place though.

Can someone help me here, I guess I did it right but I don't know for sure because I don't know where to go to get this working. What do I to switch the heads?

You edit config a file. Look into KSPRC pack for an example.

Can you, shaw, (we the users?) somehow impelment a logic to appropriately assign female heads based on names?

Maybe a name list of certain criteria of the names?

Also it seems I only have the female head with a slide in the hair - which looks cute for some maybe, but I think it makes them look teenagish and silly ... (no offense intended towards KSP playeresses that happen to like wearing them :) )

Also it seems I only have the female head with a slide in the hair - which looks cute for some maybe, but I think it makes them look teenagish and silly ... (no offense intended towards KSP playeresses that happen to like wearing them :) )

From what I've seen there are very few female heads, and even fewer that look nice. I'll be (maybe, but maybe not) working on taking the heads available and editing them. For my own personal heads I think I'm just gonna have some slightly visible hair and feminine lips (not the lipstick and makeup head textures) with the snoopy hat to avoid the whole hair thing.

Here's a post I put in the Environmental Visual Enhancements thread, I hope you might be able to help me pin the problem.

Texture Replacer permanently breaks this mod.

Even if I remove and re-install EVE, it won't work if the game has previously run with Texture Replacer installed - even if it is not installed alongside.

This has been a reoccurring problem for me and only now have I found the cause.

After installing .24 the first mod I tried was this. It worked. Installed some other mods, still working. Installed Texture Replacer, broke. Removed Texture Replacer and re-installed EVE, STILL BROKE.

Someone help me out here?

Heightmaps have been updated in the download bundle.

Very cool, thanks! I've been attempting to do the same thing recently, what level of transparency should I make the textures (I'd like to do the same thing as this with a few custom suits). I'm wanting learn how to do this a bit more efficiently, would you (or anyone else) mind explaining the process?

How do you isolate them into new layers?

I've just added an alpha channel to the texture and then converted the extracted coloured to alpha. In Gimp you do this with the following two steps:

1. Layer > Transparency > Add Alpha Channel
  2. Layer > Transparency > Color to Alpha

From there you can break down the image into transparent layers. There's a bit more to it like selecting by colour to create an alpha map to paint fill, pulling out solids prior to adding alphas and stitching together components. You also need to refill components yourself and set the layer transparency using the Mk1 eyeball plugin. You can definitely spend alot of time on it and pull out more stuff. But, for the moment I'm happy with the number of layers I can work with on the suits. I'll be adding my own stripes, insignias and decals at a later point in time.

Texture Replacer permanently breaks this mod.

Even if I remove and re-install EVE, it won't work if the game has previously run with Texture Replacer installed - even if it is not installed alongside.

This has been a reoccurring problem for me and only now have I found the cause.

After installing .24 the first mod I tried was this. It worked. Installed some other mods, still working. Installed Texture Replacer, broke. Removed Texture Replacer and re-installed EVE, STILL BROKE.

Someone help me out here?

I have no Idea how this could happen. Deleting `GameData/TextureReplacer` should revert the installation. Do you have ATM? Some TR textures might still be in the ATM cache after TR uninstallation.

I've tested EVE + TextureReplacer on 0.24 (on Win x64, I think) and it worked flawlessly.

I have no Idea how this could happen. Deleting `GameData/TextureReplacer` should revert the installation. Do you have ATM? Some TR textures might still be in the ATM cache after TR uninstallation.

I've tested EVE + TextureReplacer on 0.24 (on Win x64, I think) and it worked flawlessly.

No I haven't installed that with .24.

It appeared to me that this was an uncommon issue considering all the compilation packs about. It's really annoying and I am 100% sure that it's Texture Replacer breaking it. Even removing Texture Replacer and Re-Installing EVE won't fix the problem ,which is very, very odd..