BROKEN [0.90] TextureReplacer 2.1.2 (20.12.2014)

shaw

How would I go about making this into a suit? Is the process really as difficult as I've been told? Also, I've been looking at guides on how to do it, but I need the base UV map for the models. Where can I get the UV map for the space suit, helmet, etc?

41Fn%2B2oulrL._SX342_.jpg

Edited by Pingonaut

No I haven't installed that with .24.

It appeared to me that this was an uncommon issue considering all the compilation packs about. It's really annoying and I am 100% sure that it's Texture Replacer breaking it. Even removing Texture Replacer and Re-Installing EVE won't fix the problem ,which is very, very odd..

I found out in the EVE thread that if ^BoulderCo/Clouds/ under the prevent texture unloading list is changed to ^BoulderCo/Atmosphere/ It will work.

Would it be possible to use TextureReplacer to also replace the models of say the EVA helmet and suit? If so how far do you think you are from doing that?

Far. I've already tried to implement this but I'd need better understanding of Unity. Maybe some time in the future when I have enough (= too much) time.

Jeb, Molly, and the Kerminator.

I'm having way too much fun with this mod.

http://i.imgur.com/rbuPigA.png

The good, the bad and the ugly :)

However, it can be seen on the edges of Jeb's and Molly's hair you haven't generated normal maps correctly. Usually normal map generators assume lighter areas of an image are higher than darker ones, but for Jeb's and Molly's heads it's just v.v. If you use gimp-normalmap you should check both "Invert X" and "Invert Y" (except when generating NM for heads with blond hair, of course).

I found out in the EVE thread that if ^BoulderCo/Clouds/ under the prevent texture unloading list is changed to ^BoulderCo/Atmosphere/ It will work.

Thanks. I'll add it in the next version. I wasn't aware of this directory since it doesn't exist in the default installation of EVE.

p.s. Are you sure changing it is okay? The safer option would be adding it besides `^BoulderCo/Clouds/`.

The good, the bad and the ugly :)

However, it can be seen on the edges of Jeb's and Molly's hair you haven't generated normal maps correctly. Usually normal map generators assume lighter areas of an image are higher than darker ones, but for Jeb's and Molly's heads it's just v.v. If you use gimp-normalmap you should check both "Invert X" and "Invert Y" (except when generating NM for heads with blond hair, of course).

Thanks, I'd been struggling with Molly's because she also has a very light-colored hair piece, so either her hair or her barrette was getting flagged as "low" when they should both be elevated. I think I can fix this now by modifying the original texture before passing it through the normal map tool.

Edited by narhiril
typo

Ok, I've been trying to run 32bit since .24 came out, and once the mad dash to fix all the new build problems were fixed, I was able to get a couple of good days of gameplay out of it. Then .24.1 happened, and I haven't been able to get the game to even load. I've tried forcing it with OpenGL, still no luck. I did see my RAM usage drop quite a bit, but it's still hanging up on weird parts, and from the looks of it, there's no compression of textures. Earlier tonight, it hung up on the world cup soccer balls, so I got rid of them, didn't need them anyway. Now it's hanging up on a Universal Storage part. I am running quite a few mods, but before .24.1 I had a good stable game running, probably more stable than .23.5, TBH.

Most of the mods I'm running are more parts packs than anything (KW, Fustek, USI's MKS/OKS, and Near Future packs), but I have some visual enhancements as well. (EVE 7-3, EOO pack, texture replacer, Hot and Cool Rockets, and ATM.) I've got a hunch that one of the visual ones aren't playing nice with each other, but I'm no expert by any means. Here's my latest output log. The loading bar only got about half finished before it stopped. If you can see something in the log, I'd be grateful for any input. My next step is to just completely wipe the whole install and start from scratch again, but that's a huge pain.

Ok, I've been trying to run 32bit since .24 came out, and once the mad dash to fix all the new build problems were fixed, I was able to get a couple of good days of gameplay out of it. Then .24.1 happened, and I haven't been able to get the game to even load. I've tried forcing it with OpenGL, still no luck. I did see my RAM usage drop quite a bit, but it's still hanging up on weird parts, and from the looks of it, there's no compression of textures. Earlier tonight, it hung up on the world cup soccer balls, so I got rid of them, didn't need them anyway. Now it's hanging up on a Universal Storage part. I am running quite a few mods, but before .24.1 I had a good stable game running, probably more stable than .23.5, TBH.

Most of the mods I'm running are more parts packs than anything (KW, Fustek, USI's MKS/OKS, and Near Future packs), but I have some visual enhancements as well. (EVE 7-3, EOO pack, texture replacer, Hot and Cool Rockets, and ATM.) I've got a hunch that one of the visual ones aren't playing nice with each other, but I'm no expert by any means. Here's my latest output log. The loading bar only got about half finished before it stopped. If you can see something in the log, I'd be grateful for any input. My next step is to just completely wipe the whole install and start from scratch again, but that's a huge pain.

That's some crazy ****. Plugins massively crash on loading already. Lots/most(/all?) of them. Both TR and ATM crash in some KSP function when trying to access configuration files, which I don't know how could that possibly happen. Obviously there's something terribly wrong with your KSP installation.

@ghostshark27 I think you might have an empty or corrupt MM config file being loaded. it locks up while loading MM cfg files here : Config(@PART[Mark1-2Pod]:FINAL) SDHI/Service Module System/Parts/MM_configs/SDHI_SMS_MMPatch_Mk1-2Pod_umbilical/@PART[Mark1-2Pod]:FINAL

I had a lockup in a similar manner when i had a MM config that was aimed at a part, but had an empty module for insertion (threw null error over and over in the log) your best bet is to crawl through all your module manager CFGs and see where one is screwing up. anything you have edited yourself would be prioritized. and then whatever mod you installed before you started having problems.

@ghostshark27 I think you might have an empty or corrupt MM config file being loaded. it locks up while loading MM cfg files here : Config(@PART[Mark1-2Pod]:FINAL) SDHI/Service Module System/Parts/MM_configs/SDHI_SMS_MMPatch_Mk1-2Pod_umbilical/@PART[Mark1-2Pod]:FINAL

I had a lockup in a similar manner when i had a MM config that was aimed at a part, but had an empty module for insertion (threw null error over and over in the log) your best bet is to crawl through all your module manager CFGs and see where one is screwing up. anything you have edited yourself would be prioritized. and then whatever mod you installed before you started having problems.

Well son of a... That's the one mod I never really tried walking back once this whole thing started. I was always under the impression that it was an issue with atm or some other graphics related mod, so I just kept the SMS pack running. I just noticed that Sumghai has an official release of the SMS, so I'll be using that instead of the dev build when I get home tonight (After I completely remove it for testing the fault.)

A question though: If this mm config file is causing my game to not load, could KSP be filling the RAM on my computer with lines of useless code trying to find stuff that isn't there? Every time I load the game I watch it in Windows Task Manager and it eats up every bit of available RAM until there's nothing left, then it freezes. I had assumed it was ATM failing to compress textures since I have so many extra parts, but even after getting rid of all my big packs (KSO, KSPI, and KW Rocketry), it was still climbing to the max. But after looking at the output log, I'm guessing textures are the least of my problem.

Been using this for a bit because various addons use it.. Now I want to contribute and do some repaints.

What I don't see in the OP is where do you acquire the source textures from?

Thanks, i"d been struggling with Molly's because she also has a very light-colored hair piece, so either her hair or her barrette was getting flagged as "low" when they should both be elevated. I think I can fix this now by modifying the original texture before passing it through the normal map tool.

Did I miss the download link? :)

Been using this for a bit because various addons use it.. Now I want to contribute and do some repaints.

What I don't see in the OP is where do you acquire the source textures from?

You can extract original textures from KSP with AssetExplorer (google for the link, hopefully it's still accessible somewhere). There's also an open-source program for this, but I haven't tried it yet: https://github.com/ata4/disunity.

Did I miss the download link? :)

That specific head used a hairstyle from Sylith as a base, so I'd need to get permission before releasing it - or else entirely redo it from scratch. I've sent Sylith a PM about it. I'd love to release it, it turned out great.

1GmZut4.png

mnGcEOY.png

Edited by narhiril

A question though: If this mm config file is causing my game to not load, could KSP be filling the RAM on my computer with lines of useless code trying to find stuff that isn't there? Every time I load the game I watch it in Windows Task Manager and it eats up every bit of available RAM until there's nothing left, then it freezes. I had assumed it was ATM failing to compress textures since I have so many extra parts, but even after getting rid of all my big packs (KSO, KSPI, and KW Rocketry), it was still climbing to the max. But after looking at the output log, I'm guessing textures are the least of my problem.

I doubt it would be a cause for a memory leak, but I guess it's possible. I have about 1400 MM part configs (150 or so that are hidden because I don't have the part it's looking for) that load when my game loads, and I don't see a significant memory load from that (all my load is coming from texture packs and the like). And in the end it may not be a MM CFG issue, it just looks and sounds a lot like a problem I had when I forgot to save a change to a part edit, and ended up with a MM file pointed at a part with no change being made.

Just got done my first repaint... My plan is to do all the default stuff to make it look rundown and dilapidated.

Rockomax Mainsail - Bumped up to 1024x1024 textures

wCW3Br8.jpg

d5qzPcn.jpg

Edited by styckx