BROKEN [0.90] TextureReplacer 2.1.2 (20.12.2014)

shaw

How do you install this?

Step 1: Put "TextureReplacer" in your GameData folder like any other mod.

Step 2: Download a texture pack. If the pack contains textures for planets/moons and skyboxes, put them in the "Default" folder of TextureReplacer. If it contains textures for Kerbal heads, put them in the "Heads" folder.

Step 3: Rename the textures as described in the OP. For example, a new Moho texture would be called "moho00" and a Gilly texture would become "evemoon100".

For info on how to make custom Kerbals, read the cfg file.

Hey, ive been using the Ksprc mod pack which has a default.cfg. All the suits seem to work fine but unfortunately my kerbals custom heads dont show and they still have there helmets on within the kerbin atmosphere. Does anyone have a custom config file I could download? I did use greenskulls 'idiot proof' guide and still couldnt get it to work lol

Any help would be great, thanks!

Hey, ive been using the Ksprc mod pack which has a default.cfg. All the suits seem to work fine but unfortunately my kerbals custom heads dont show and they still have there helmets on within the kerbin atmosphere. Does anyone have a custom config file I could download? I did use greenskulls 'idiot proof' guide and still couldnt get it to work lol

Any help would be great, thanks!

Upload your `@Default.cfg` and `KSP.log`.

Hi Shaw, I have included a link to both of the files below.

https://www./folder/wtdvpzc8wwbwp//Kerbal%20space%20program

Thanks for getting back to me so quick.

TR crashes. Looks like you're still using the old 1.6.0, which is not compatible with KSP 0.24.

BTW: that KSPRC.cfg file has lots of stuff that doesn't belong in there. I think I notified Proot about this a long time ago, but KSPRC hasn't been updated since then.

It should look more like this:

TextureReplacer
{
CustomKerbals
{
Bill Kerman = Head1 Suit1
Bob Kerman = Head2 Suit1
Jebediah Kerman = Head3 Suit1
}

GenericKerbals
{
excludedHeads = Head1, Head2, Head3
excludedSuits = Suit1
femaleHeads = Head5
femaleSuits = Suit3
}
}

TR crashes. Looks like you're still using the old 1.6.0, which is not compatible with KSP 0.24.

BTW: that KSPRC.cfg file has lots of stuff that doesn't belong in there. I think I notified Proot about this a long time ago, but KSPRC hasn't been updated since then.

It should look more like this:

Thats it sorted now, I had 1.7.1 sitting on my desktop since some time last week as well! lol. Thanks for taking the time to help an idiot out, keep up the great work.

I need help can you simplify the answer for me I'm having troubles finding were you change the head of the kerbals like bob bill and jeb and couple of my joined kerbals tommy Sherlie lendo dunger and billy Bobrie I don't know how to to change their heads it's kinda frustrating seeing everyone able to change the heads.

How exactly does the female name detection work?

More specifically, I assume that it uses some mechanism to detect the name and then assigns a suitable head, but my question really is how does it know which heads are the female ones?

I presume there is a naming convention for the appropriate textures but there are lots of female head textures out there and no consistent naming convention that I can spot.

What should I call my female head textures for it to work correctly?

Female textures are set in `femaleHeads` arrays. The configuration files for all common texture packs (Sylith's, scart91's and Diverse Kerbal heads) are included in the TR download. Female names are determined by an array of regular expressions called `femaleNames` in `@Default.cfg`.

Female textures are set in `femaleHeads` arrays. The configuration files for all common texture packs (Sylith's, scart91's and Diverse Kerbal heads) are included in the TR download. Female names are determined by an array of regular expressions called `femaleNames` in `@Default.cfg`.

Ah, got ya!

Thanks

So um... I'd like a texture pack that remodels the stock parts. Maybe remove the dents and make them simpler.

I see absolutely no texture packs that mess with the part textures. Only the skybox and planets. Is there a reason?

Edited by Avera9eJoe