BROKEN [0.90] TextureReplacer 2.1.2 (20.12.2014)

shaw

Could you check that mediafire link? It opens mediafire's front page, a presentation.

Sorry about that I totally forgot to double check the other one!

*Just wanted to add that I am using the Greenskull.cfg with the previous version. just in case that has anything to do with being able to load everything up fine

http://www./view/qo99fhdcvm4b0xj/output_log.txt

Edited by AlMacTavish

Excerpt from your log, just before the crash dump:

DynamicHeapAllocator out of memory - Could not get memory for large allocationCould not allocate memory: System out of memory!
Trying to allocate: 134217728B with 4 alignment. MemoryLabel: NewDelete
Allocation happend at: Line:0 in Overloaded New[]
Memory overview

[ ALLOC_DEFAULT ] used: 492963322B | peak: 0B | reserved: 507155901B

[ ALLOC_GFX ] used: 480598020B | peak: 0B | reserved: 507544352B

[ ALLOC_CACHEOBJECTS ] used: 222792B | peak: 0B | reserved: 12582912B

[ ALLOC_TYPETREE ] used: 0B | peak: 0B | reserved: 0B

[ ALLOC_PROFILER ] used: 94932B | peak: 0B | reserved: 8388608B
Could not allocate memory: System out of memory!
Memory overview

(Filename: Line: 909)

Crash!!!

Excerpt from your log, just before the crash dump:

DynamicHeapAllocator out of memory - Could not get memory for large allocationCould not allocate memory: System out of memory!
Memory overview

Could not allocate memory: System out of memory!
Memory overview

(Filename: Line: 909)

Crash!!!

Thought that may have been the problem.

Do you know why it loads fine with the previous version, I dont run out of memory when using that?

I need help resolving the mapping between EnvMap and GalaxyTex

I have both textures up and running, however in no way I can get proper reflection. Instead it's... as if I could see through the helmet (picture below).

What I did first was simply copying my GalaxyTex_ files into \EnvMap directory, rescaling them and renaming, but that obviously didn't work. Then I went to the first post of this topic and, double check me here, here's the mapping I found:

GalaxyTex_PositiveX = PositiveX

GalaxyTex_NegativeX = NegativeX

GalaxyTex_PositiveY = NegativeY *

GalaxyTex_NegativeY = PositiveY *

GalaxyTex_PositiveZ = PositiveZ

GalaxyTex_NegativeZ = NegativeZ

I renamed my files according to this plan, flipped them vertically as described, but it didn't work either - though look at these marked with star - it's being swapped around only on Y axis? I'm confused why is that.

Here's a sample pic - in visor you see the core of a milky way while what you should see is nothing more than a few stars reflecting:

2luopdi.jpg

Anyone can help me with that?

Read OP more carefully: the bottom face is rotated for 180° for skybox (I know that doesn't make sense, but that's how Squad designed skybox cube).

The reason why Y is swapped for skybox is probably because Squad uses normal coordinate system (i x j = k) in KSP but Unity uses DirectX's left-handed CS (i x j = -k).

Edited by shaw

@shaw - it doesn't change anything.

My bottom face is basically a black square with 2 barely visible pixels, so rotating it this or the other way around makes absolutely no difference to the final outcome.

The galaxy core you can see on a screenshot is left face (\EnvMap\NegativeX || \Default\GalaxyTex_NegativeX ).

[edit] Perhaps it'll make it easier - I uploaded textures (both: main and envimap) http://upfile.mobi/644944.ae7be26cdaa742ca148068d5ac90eaca

To clarify: it already includes bottom face rotated 180 degrees

Edited by Sky_walker

Ok, I took EVE skybox to debug it, as it's the clearest one with most obvious merge points,

and... to my great surprise I found out that the reflections are off by 45 degrees. o_O

If I'm having Kerbal look straight into one face - and I see two faces reflected (eg. I have Kerbal look straight at PositiveX, but the reflection is showing me PositiveX and NegativeZ contacted (if I remember names of faces right) instead of PositiveX in the middle).

I feel like giving up on that - I have no idea how to rotate the thing by 45 degrees. :(

@shaw - is that even intentional? Or did I just found a bug....

I've never noticed that. Seems like Squad not only done weird mapping of textures to skybox but also rotated it by 45°.

There's no simple solution how to rotate reflection/skybox textures by 45°. It would be quite complex transformations. Maybe if you had original skybox sources you could do it (there are special programs for creating skyboxes, e.g. Spacescape). Or maybe you can create your own skybox.

Hey guys. I can't seem to find the sticky for proper reporting of problems. I'm having an issue with KSP crashing in the VAB while I'm trying to build stuff.

Here is my player.log (I'm on a Mac). https://www.dropbox.com/s/yhqxkjilr4lso7b/Player.log?dl=0

It keeps saying Texture Replacer is looking for something it's not finding. But it didn't have any issues til after I installed Snacks, TAC Fuel Balancer, TAC Life Support and Station Science together.

I'm on KSP 0.25 on Mac. Using the latest Texture Replacer (as well as those other mods listed) . I have a ton of mods I've been installing one at a time until I have issues trying to weed out bugs and such. I really don't think the issue is Texture Replacer, but that's what my log says is the issue.

I'm lost as to how to make my game playable again.

Hi dudes, i've got a problem...

Texture replacer does work AT ALL.

I put it into my gamedata folder, just like i did with previous versions (that always worked).

But with the new 0.25 KSP version, I downloaded the latest version (1.7.3) of TR that i put into the 0.25 gamedata folder, without changing anything, but my kerbal still got their helmets on Kerbin EVAs.

After checking, nothing else work... heads, suits... meaning (i think...) that the whole plugin doesn't do anything. And i didn't found any solution by myself, neither on the Internet.

Beside, i'm using Activetexturemanagement, Environnementalvisualenhancement, and module manager 2.5.1, if there is any known conflict...

In advance, thanks for your help.

Is anyone experiencing crashes during game loading while using Active Texture Management 3.6 (+ TextureReplacer-1.7.3 & Endraxials Planets and Moons For TR 2014 v2.0; it's not memory limit-related)?

I was trying to use Texture replacer 1.7.3 and Endraxials planets and kept crashing on load up. I posted my output log above and Shaw let me know that it was down to running out of memory. It seems strange that with 1.7.1 I can have around 15 - 20 mods and a load of textures and load up fine with no problems, but on 1.7.3 I run out of memory with no mods and only a skybox texture ;.;.

Seems like I am having the same issue:

[TR.TextureReplacer] UnityEngine.UnityException: Texture 'TextureReplacer/EnvMap/PositiveX' is not readable, the texture memory can not be accessed from scripts. You can make the texture readable in the Texture Import Settings.
at (wrapper managed-to-native) UnityEngine.Texture2D:GetPixels (int,int,int,int,int)

at UnityEngine.Texture2D.GetPixels (Int32 miplevel) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at UnityEngine.Texture2D.GetPixels () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at TextureReplacer.Reflections.initialise () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at TextureReplacer.TextureReplacer.LateUpdate () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

(Filename: C:/BuildAgent/work/d63dfc6385190b60/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 49)

[TR.Replacer] Corrupted GameDatabase! Problematic TGA? TextureReplacer/Default/GalaxyTex_NegativeX

(Filename: C:/BuildAgent/work/d63dfc6385190b60/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 49)

[TR.Replacer] Corrupted GameDatabase! Problematic TGA? TextureReplacer/Default/GalaxyTex_NegativeY

[TR.Replacer] Corrupted GameDatabase! Problematic TGA? TextureReplacer/Default/GalaxyTex_NegativeZ

[TR.Replacer] Corrupted GameDatabase! Problematic TGA? TextureReplacer/Default/GalaxyTex_PositiveX

[TR.Replacer] Corrupted GameDatabase! Problematic TGA? TextureReplacer/Default/GalaxyTex_PositiveY

[TR.Replacer] Corrupted GameDatabase! Problematic TGA? TextureReplacer/Default/GalaxyTex_PositiveZ

[TR.Reflections] Environment map -x -> TextureReplacer/EnvMap/NegativeX

[TR.Reflections] Corrupted GameDatabase! Problematic TGA? TextureReplacer/EnvMap/NegativeX

[TR.Reflections] Environment map -y -> TextureReplacer/EnvMap/NegativeY

[TR.Reflections] Corrupted GameDatabase! Problematic TGA? TextureReplacer/EnvMap/NegativeY

[TR.Reflections] Environment map -z -> TextureReplacer/EnvMap/NegativeZ

[TR.Reflections] Corrupted GameDatabase! Problematic TGA? TextureReplacer/EnvMap/NegativeZ

[TR.Reflections] Environment map +x -> TextureReplacer/EnvMap/PositiveX

[TR.Reflections] Corrupted GameDatabase! Problematic TGA? TextureReplacer/EnvMap/PositiveX

[TR.Reflections] Environment map +y -> TextureReplacer/EnvMap/PositiveY

[TR.Reflections] Corrupted GameDatabase! Problematic TGA? TextureReplacer/EnvMap/PositiveY

[TR.Reflections] Environment map +z -> TextureReplacer/EnvMap/PositiveZ

[TR.Reflections] Corrupted GameDatabase! Problematic TGA? TextureReplacer/EnvMap/PositiveZ

Trying to allocate: 24573B with 32 alignment. MemoryLabel: Texture
Allocation happend at: Line:411 in
Memory overview

I have 1.7.3 with the Eve Skybox installed in the "default" folder. This also worked with 1.7.1 and 0.24.2.

Seems like I am having the same issue:

[TR.TextureReplacer] UnityEngine.UnityException: Texture 'TextureReplacer/EnvMap/PositiveX' is not readable, the texture memory can not be accessed from scripts. You can make the texture readable in the Texture Import Settings.
at (wrapper managed-to-native) UnityEngine.Texture2D:GetPixels (int,int,int,int,int)

at UnityEngine.Texture2D.GetPixels (Int32 miplevel) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at UnityEngine.Texture2D.GetPixels () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at TextureReplacer.Reflections.initialise () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at TextureReplacer.TextureReplacer.LateUpdate () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

[TR.Replacer] Corrupted GameDatabase! Problematic TGA? TextureReplacer/Default/GalaxyTex_NegativeX

[TR.Replacer] Corrupted GameDatabase! Problematic TGA? TextureReplacer/Default/GalaxyTex_NegativeY

[TR.Replacer] Corrupted GameDatabase! Problematic TGA? TextureReplacer/Default/GalaxyTex_NegativeZ

[TR.Replacer] Corrupted GameDatabase! Problematic TGA? TextureReplacer/Default/GalaxyTex_PositiveX

[TR.Replacer] Corrupted GameDatabase! Problematic TGA? TextureReplacer/Default/GalaxyTex_PositiveY

[TR.Replacer] Corrupted GameDatabase! Problematic TGA? TextureReplacer/Default/GalaxyTex_PositiveZ

[TR.Reflections] Environment map -x -> TextureReplacer/EnvMap/NegativeX

[TR.Reflections] Corrupted GameDatabase! Problematic TGA? TextureReplacer/EnvMap/NegativeX

[TR.Reflections] Environment map -y -> TextureReplacer/EnvMap/NegativeY

[TR.Reflections] Corrupted GameDatabase! Problematic TGA? TextureReplacer/EnvMap/NegativeY

[TR.Reflections] Environment map -z -> TextureReplacer/EnvMap/NegativeZ

[TR.Reflections] Corrupted GameDatabase! Problematic TGA? TextureReplacer/EnvMap/NegativeZ

[TR.Reflections] Environment map +x -> TextureReplacer/EnvMap/PositiveX

[TR.Reflections] Corrupted GameDatabase! Problematic TGA? TextureReplacer/EnvMap/PositiveX

[TR.Reflections] Environment map +y -> TextureReplacer/EnvMap/PositiveY

[TR.Reflections] Corrupted GameDatabase! Problematic TGA? TextureReplacer/EnvMap/PositiveY

[TR.Reflections] Environment map +z -> TextureReplacer/EnvMap/PositiveZ

[TR.Reflections] Corrupted GameDatabase! Problematic TGA? TextureReplacer/EnvMap/PositiveZ

Trying to allocate: 24573B with 32 alignment. MemoryLabel: Texture
Allocation happend at: Line:411 in
Memory overview

I have 1.7.3 with the Eve Skybox installed in the "default" folder. This also worked with 1.7.1 and 0.24.2.

Do you use ATM? Looks like something unloaded the environment map textures.

Hi dudes, i've got a problem...

Texture replacer does work AT ALL.

I put it into my gamedata folder, just like i did with previous versions (that always worked).

But with the new 0.25 KSP version, I downloaded the latest version (1.7.3) of TR that i put into the 0.25 gamedata folder, without changing anything, but my kerbal still got their helmets on Kerbin EVAs.

After checking, nothing else work... heads, suits... meaning (i think...) that the whole plugin doesn't do anything. And i didn't found any solution by myself, neither on the Internet.

Beside, i'm using Activetexturemanagement, Environnementalvisualenhancement, and module manager 2.5.1, if there is any known conflict...

In advance, thanks for your help.

Upload your log.

Do you use ATM? Looks like something unloaded the environment map textures.

I do. Or rather, I did. It seems like ATM is causing a number of issues. I uninstalled it, and now I'm going to re-give TR a shot.

I think there are two possible causes for previously described issues:

1. KSP 0.25 has issues with TGAs. Sometimes they aren't loaded properly and sometimes KSP freezes when loading a TGA normal map.

2. Maybe ATM turned on texture unloading for all directories by default in the latest release. That would perfectly explain the errors in Billman's and Kalloran's log.

I just added Active Texture Management and it did not crash my game, but it did strip away all the modded textures and set them back to a default look.

Edit: I went back and removed Active Texture Management and the modded textures on the Kerbals are now back.

Edited by Tommygun

It seems I accidentally dropped the folder checking, so by default, everything is made unreadable and smaller... I'll fix that tonight.

Looks like ATM is going ham on everything and ignoring the custom configs. Known with fix planned.

I think there are two possible causes for previously described issues:

1. KSP 0.25 has issues with TGAs. Sometimes they aren't loaded properly and sometimes KSP freezes when loading a TGA normal map.

2. Maybe ATM turned on texture unloading for all directories by default in the latest release. That would perfectly explain the errors in Billman's and Kalloran's log.

Thanks. Removing ATM made my game playable again, and it's running smooth now. I have 16GB of RAM, so I guess I don't really need ATM anyway.