BROKEN [0.90] TextureReplacer 2.1.2 (20.12.2014)

shaw

Am I correct that before installing texture pack (say, Endraxials one) I need to remove all TR's files in GameData/TextureReplacer/EnvMap (so that I won't have 2 sets of different textures with different extensions)?

So, I'm getting a memory leak with this mod. It does not seem to be a large issue with a stock install (Taking a long time to even reach 2GB of memory usage) however it can be a problem if lots of mods are used.

KSP Version: .0.25.0 32-bit Clean install

Output_log.txt

Pictures showing the issue:

Ww4SIFV.png

8ksLH30.png

Reproduction Steps: Download and install Texture Replacer as insructed, boot up KSP, Wait. (Wait time is entirely dependent on level of patience)

I cannot reproduce this. And there's no explanation for this, TR only replaces texture for less than a second after space center scene opens, after that is does nothing. If you mean why the RAM usage still increases after the main menu, it's because KSP still has to load (and also unloads) some data and code while running (e.g. physics, collision detection, editor code, simulation code, UI, scene graphs, sound buffers ...).

I cannot reproduce this. And there's no explanation for this, TR only replaces texture for less than a second after space center scene opens, after that is does nothing. If you mean why the RAM usage still increases after the main menu, it's because KSP still has to load (and also unloads) some data and code while running (e.g. physics, collision detection, editor code, simulation code, UI, scene graphs, sound buffers ...).

But it's a constant increase with a clean install, I would think that once it reaches stability the RAM usage would level off. Instead of increasing slowly over time.

If the pack includes its own EnvMap/, then yes.

Is it also normal that visor reflections work only when TR's own png files are present in this folder? Because if I remove them and replace with texture pack ones, reflections are gone.

But it's a constant increase with a clean install, I would think that once it reaches stability the RAM usage would level off. Instead of increasing slowly over time.

Does this happen with a newly created game? Does this happen without TR installed?

- - - Updated - - -

Is it also normal that visor reflections work only when TR's own png files are present in this folder? Because if I remove them and replace with texture pack ones, reflections are gone.

Yes.

10chars

Am I correct that before installing texture pack (say, Endraxials one) I need to remove all TR's files in GameData/TextureReplacer/EnvMap (so that I won't have 2 sets of different textures with different extensions)?

I don't know what the correct answer is, I just started using this mod today and it's highly confusing for the novice. I did delete those other files in /EnvMap and it appears the skybox I wanted (Oinkers) and placed into /TextureReplacer/Default seems to work fine.

I'm not sure what I did wrong, Diverse Kerbal Heads isn't working for me. I double checked and it IS in the "Heads" folder in my KSP Texture Replacer gamedata folder. Running .25 x64 on Windows (I know, I'm dumb. Haven't had time to dual it with Linux, yet.) Thanks for any info, though now that I'm typing this, I'm thinking it might be the x64 bit windows part that's fragging it. Anyway, thanks again, community!

I'm not sure what I did wrong, Diverse Kerbal Heads isn't working for me. I double checked and it IS in the "Heads" folder in my KSP Texture Replacer gamedata folder. Running .25 x64 on Windows (I know, I'm dumb. Haven't had time to dual it with Linux, yet.) Thanks for any info, though now that I'm typing this, I'm thinking it might be the x64 bit windows part that's fragging it. Anyway, thanks again, community!

Upload your log.

I am experiencing technical difficulties. I just updated, and the issue where parts of helmets would show up weirdly shiny is gone, but now no custom textures are loading.

Also, my kerbals are looking desaturated, like zombies. Something to do with modifications to visors.?

DfHdym9.png

Has their been changes to the way @Defualt works? I'm using the same file and textures from the previous version.

Log, if you want, is here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/511qfuwkhj7zflz/output_log.txt?dl=0

Advice is requested, please.

Edited by Tw1

I am experiencing technical difficulties. I just updated, and the issue where parts of helmets would show up weirdly shiny is gone, but now no custom textures are loading.

Also, my kerbals are looking desaturated, like zombies. Something to do with modifications to visors.?

http://i.imgur.com/DfHdym9.png

Has their been changes to the way @Defualt works? I'm using the same file and textures from the previous version.

Log, if you want, is here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/511qfuwkhj7zflz/output_log.txt?dl=0

Advice is requested, please.

Temporary workaround: add reflections to EnvMap/ folder.

UPDATE: Fixed in 1.8.1.

Edited by shaw

Is there any way to make it so that Kerbals will not have their helmet on (like on Kerbin's surface) on Laythe?

From TR 1.8 on this can be set in a configuration file. Look `Default.cfg`.

I have excluded every head png file except a file called head4.png. However, generic kerbals still seem to be getting the excluded heads. Have I stuffed up somewhere here?

TextureReplacer{

// Texture compression reduces textures size to 1/6 or 1/4 and hence reduces

// memory usage (video and possibly also RAM if a texture is "readable") and

// improves performance (less data has to be transferred to GPU).

// Possible options: `always`, `never` and `auto`. Auto means it is enabled

// unless Active Texture Management mod is detected.

isCompressionEnabled = auto

// Generate mipmaps for PNGs and JPEGs in certain directories (specified in

// the next option) to a fix KSP bug that doesn't generate mipmaps for these

// images and makes them look ugly under sharp angles.

isMipmapGenEnabled = auto

// List of regular expressions that trigger mipmap generation when matching

// the path of a texture that is missing mipmaps. These should cover all model

// textures but not UI icons. The strings are case-sensitive on all platforms.

// The list must be space- and/or comma-separated and in one line.

// Duplicated lists are joined.

generateMipmaps = /FX/ /Parts/ /Props/ /Spaces/ ^TextureReplacer/ ^KAS/ ^FASA/

generateMipmaps = ^ASET(_Props)?/ ^Lionhead_Aerospace_Inc/

// Some textures (all JPEGs, PNGs and TGAs plus MBM tagged as "readable") are

// kept loaded in RAM. Since this feature is rarely actually needed those

// textures can be unloaded just before the main menu.

isUnloadingEnabled = auto

// Prevent unloading for textures whose paths match the following regular

// expressions. Some mods access and modify textures, so those shouldn't be

// unloaded.

keepLoaded = ^BoulderCo/(Clouds|Atmosphere)/ ^CommunityResourcePack/

keepLoaded = ^Romfarer/textures/ ^WarpPlugin/

// Dump material/texture name pairs to log when performing general texture

// replacment pass. Log entries are of the form "[materialName] textureName".

// This option is intended for texture pack designers.

logTextures = false

// Dump names of all meshes with correcponding shaders on parts with

// TRReflection part module.

// This option is intended for part designers.

logReflectiveMeshes = false

// Replace helmet visor shader to support reflections (EVA only).

isVisorReflectionEnabled = false

// Reflection colour. Reflection is multiplied by this RGB colour before it is

// added to the visor colour.

visorReflectionColour = 1 1 1

// Remove IVA helmets in safe situations (landed/splashed and in orbit).

isHelmetRemovalEnabled = true

// Spawn a Kerbal on EVA in his/her IVA suit without helmet and jetpack when

// in breathable atmosphere (+ sufficent pressure).

isAtmSuitEnabled = true

// Minimum air pressure required for a Kerbal to spawn in his/her IVA suit.

atmSuitPressure = 0.75

// List of planets/moons with breathable atmospheres where Kerbals spawn in

// their IVA suits.

atmSuitBodies = Kerbin

CustomKerbals

{

Bill Kerman = Head1

Bob Kerman = Head2

Jebediah Kerman = Head3

Manuel Kolombo = kerbalHeadLatinClean

Constantino Kolombo = kerbalHeadLatinBeard

Rolando Kolombo = kerbalHeadLatinClean

Juan Kolombo = kerbalHeadLatinMo

Andrés Kolombo = kerbalHeadLatinMo

}

GenericKerbals

{

// Prevent the following heads from being assigned to generic Kerbals.

excludedHeads = Head1, Head2, Head3, kerbalHeadLatinClean, kerbalHeadLatinBeard, kerbalHeadLatinMo

// Prevent the following suits from being assigned to generic Kerbals.

excludedSuits =

// Female heads. Those will only be paired with female suits.

femaleHeads =

// Female suits. Those will only be paired with female heads.

femaleSuits =

// Regular expressions for female names (the last word/surname is removed).

femaleNames = [ei][elns]$ [belmns]y$ i(ng)?$ [au]$ oe$

// Eye-less heads. Eyes will be hidden for those heads, so one can paint

// custom ones on the head texture.

eyelessHeads =

// Whether generic suits should be assigned pseudo-randomly based on a

// Kerbal's name's hash or consecutively based on a Kerbal's position in

// the global roster.

// Possible options: `random` or `consecutive`.

suitAssignment = random

}

CabinSuits

{

// Cabin-specific suits. These are enforced even if a Kerbal has a custom

// suit. Entries are of the form:

//

// partName = suitDir

//

// where `partName` is the name of a part (`name = ...` in `part.cfg`) and

// `suitDir` is either a suit directory from `Suits/` or `DEFAULT`.

//

// NOTE: Any underscores in `partName` must be replaced by periods.

//

// Examples:

//

// Mark1Cockpit = PilotSuit

// crewCabin = DEFAULT

//

}

}

I must be a complete idiot. Can someone explain to me exactly how you add a skybox to KSP? I have been searching this thread and the internet in general for days. I've read Green Skull's instructions for his pack... but either I'm not seeing it or I'm just #^$%@$ dumb. I just want to know what do I do with skybox files... where do they go? Do I have to delete files? Please help me.

Seems ATM is the one causing the shadows to work weird.

Just a suggestion, would you be able to set it so that the visor star reflections don't happen if you're on a planet with atmosphere? That's the reason I tend to remove them.

Seems ATM is the one causing the shadows to work weird.

Just a suggestion, would you be able to set it so that the visor star reflections don't happen if you're on a planet with atmosphere? That's the reason I tend to remove them.

1. You mean normal maps? I think the latest ATM 3-8 has a bug and processes even textures in directories it shouldn't touch. You can solve this by creating a configuration file for ATM where you put all normal maps (look `KSPRC.cfg` from Proot's Renaissance Compilation). The other solution is to remove ATM, install DDSLoader and convert your textures to DDS format. It's works better than ATM.

2. That could be possible, but too much work. The best solution would be make REAL reflections, but a plugin for that already exists so I'm not implementing this. Ask Reflection plugin's authors if they are willing to implement (real) visor reflections. That solution is probably easier than implementing real reflections in TR and also better in terms of performance (only one plugin generating performance-hungry reflections rather than two at the same time).

1. You mean normal maps? I think the latest ATM 3-8 has a bug and processes even textures in directories it shouldn't touch. You can solve this by creating a configuration file for ATM where you put all normal maps (look `KSPRC.cfg` from Proot's Renaissance Compilation). The other solution is to remove ATM, install DDSLoader and convert your textures to DDS format. It's works better than ATM.

2. That could be possible, but too much work. The best solution would be make REAL reflections, but a plugin for that already exists so I'm not implementing this. Ask Reflection plugin's authors if they are willing to implement (real) visor reflections. That solution is probably easier than implementing real reflections in TR and also better in terms of performance (only one plugin generating performance-hungry reflections rather than two at the same time).

Technically, ATM 3-8 is designed to work that way. We override the KSP resource loaders, and in the instance of loading textures in directories not managed by configs, we simply load and compress (but no locking of reading).