BROKEN [0.90] TextureReplacer 2.1.2 (20.12.2014)

shaw

ffthMQ3.png

A little something for EVE Online players. You can use TriExporter to obtain nebula artwork and make it compatible with TextureReplacer. There's a mod for loading dds format directly, or use the attached script to convert to plain images. You can further composite some star textures over the nebulas this way, so that's nice. I don't really want to chat with CCP's legal department, so instead of posting anything I've made with their assets, here's what you need to do duplicate the work! :)

From TriExporter the nebula can be found in:

* dx9/scene/wormholes

* dx9/scene/universe

* texture/nebula

The star textures can be found here:

* dx9/scene/starfield/stars01_tile2

I noticed that some of the dds files in EVE are slightly different formats. You might get upscaled images with imagemagick, so pass in a scale of 50% where needed.

if [ -z $1 ]; then
echo "Usage: ${0##*/} <dds file> [<scale percent>]"
echo "e.g. : ${0##*/} cubemap.dds 50%"
exit 1
fi

if ! type convert > /dev/null; then
echo "Missing imagemagick program "convert"."
exit 2
fi

if [ -z $2 ]; then
scale="100%"
else
scale="$2"
fi

convert $1 -scale $scale $compose GalaxyTex.png
for i in {0..5}; do
if [ ! -f "GalaxyTex-$i.png" ]; then
echo "Failed to generate images."
exit 3
fi
done

mv GalaxyTex-0.png GalaxyTex_NegativeX.png
mv GalaxyTex-1.png GalaxyTex_PositiveX.png
convert GalaxyTex-2.png -rotate 180 GalaxyTex_NegativeY.png
rm GalaxyTex-2.png
mv GalaxyTex-3.png GalaxyTex_PositiveY.png
mv GalaxyTex-4.png GalaxyTex_NegativeZ.png
mv GalaxyTex-5.png GalaxyTex_PositiveZ.png

That's nice! And it will makes things a lot more easier.

Btw. Anyone here, who wants to make some real Mass Effect suits and Kerbal Heads? A year ago I saw a picture with Asari, Turian, etc. Kerbals and I can't find it anymore.

I made an N7 helmet when Universe Replacer first came out, never got it finished (mainly missing normal maps) but if I still have the file knocking around I'll upload a dropbox link in here. You're welcome to finish it off and claim it as your own. (Although a shout-out would be nice :-) )

EDIT: Nope, it's gone. Shame as well because it was pretty good.

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/44135-0-22-Universe-Replacer-v4-0/page102

Edited by djnattyd

Shaw, is there any fix (other than deleting the Agents) for the contract system breaking when TR is present and mods add 3rd party agents?

Are you sure adding agencies breaks it? I think it breaks when you remove agencies that you have finished contracts for and TR doesn't have anything with that.

Are you sure adding agencies breaks it? I think it breaks when you remove agencies that you have finished contracts for and TR doesn't have anything with that.

Yep.

Started a new game without the agents and the contract system worked fine. Quit out and loaded another brand new game but with the agents added and the contract system died.

As it is, the only new (as in updated) mods I've added in recent months are TR and DMagic Orbital Science and DMagic's contracts work fine without TR.

I cannot reproduce this. Could you upload you log and give some more specific steps how to reproduce it for, e.g. stock game + one mod with agents? Or upload your saved game if you have reasonably low number of mods?

I cannot reproduce this. Could you upload you log and give some more specific steps how to reproduce it for, e.g. stock game + one mod with agents? Or upload your saved game if you have reasonably low number of mods?

Will do.

For reference, this is my current mod list (its quite lengthy) All mods except TAC Fuel Balancer are up to date.

w52ychZ.jpg

I'm going to pull all but TR and DMagic out and get back to you with a log file.

I appear to have accidentally discovered that the cause of issue seems to be caused by Custom Biomes. I pulled it out on the off-chance that it was what was causing my log to be spammed with 'GUIContent null. Use GUIContent.none' and the contracts are back.

Thanks for the assist anyway Shaw, if anything crops up again I'll dump my log file here for you.

Apologies for taking up your time.

I could add it to windows of Mk1-2 only, but that would be inconsistent, since most of other models are single mesh and reflections can only be added to the entire model (e.g. crew cabin, lab, mk2 lander cabin ...). I think this sould add reflection to windows of Mk1-2 pod:

MODULE
{
name = TRReflection
meshes = FrontWindow SideWindow
}

for other pods, enable "logReflectiveMeshes" option and watch KSP.log for lists of per-model meshes.

http://i.imgur.com/9MglkrM.jpg

Extended Sylith's Kerbal heads pack v1.3.1.

Download (ZIP, 6.6 MiB).

Download source (7Zip, 18.5 MiB).

Dependencies

[thread=96729]DDSLoader[/thread]. Textures are in DDS format and KSP can't load them unless you have DDSLoader installed.

Change log

• Horizontally mirrored mouth subtexture to match the stock one

Credits

Sylith (original pack)

IOI-655362 (Diverse Kerbal Heads pack)

Shaw (put everything together)

Licence

CC BY 4.0

Why the heck is this using DDSs? Not only do I need DDS loader, I also can't see which textures are which.

Is there a possibility to replace this sky dome texture by a vertices from a sphere model (real vertices, not a texture of it), that have the vertex render to show as stars and real glow/flare on then, in different sizes. That way they will not be a static texture, and will flick like stars does.

?

Is there a possibility to replace this sky dome texture by a vertices from a sphere model (real vertices, not a texture of it), that have the vertex render to show as stars and real glow/flare on then, in different sizes. That way they will not be a static texture, and will flick like stars does.

?

No.

10chars

I could add it to windows of Mk1-2 only, but that would be inconsistent, since most of other models are single mesh and reflections can only be added to the entire model (e.g. crew cabin, lab, mk2 lander cabin ...). I think this sould add reflection to windows of Mk1-2 pod:

MODULE
{
name = TRReflection
meshes = FrontWindow SideWindow
}

for other pods, enable "logReflectiveMeshes" option and watch KSP.log for lists of per-model meshes.

Yup that worked, thanks. Not sure what you mean for the log option tho. Is that a TR log or a KSP log? Is it an executable flag?

Edited by Gaiiden

Yup that worked, thanks. Not sure what you mean for the log option tho. Is that a TR log or a KSP log? Is it an executable flag?

Setting `logReflectiveMeshes` from @Default.cfg to `true` dumps meshes for each part with TRReflection module to KSP.log.

- - - Updated - - -

Ii there a way to disable the toolbar icon?? I dont use the kerbal suit replacement part of texture replacer.

I can add this in the next version.

So for some reason some parts ( Jet Engine, Winglet, Large RCS Tank, and some others ) have a weird shadow glitch with them, I narrowed the problem down to texture replacer. Do you know if there is a way to fix the problem? ( It's also showed up in other mods )

Obviously the textures get unloaded before the models are loaded. AFAIK that shouldn't be possible with TR. It sounds like ATM with broken configuration. The other possibility are incorrectly converted DDS textures (if you're even using them).

Is there a video showing how to install a texture pack on this?

I cannot get any texture pack to load.

No that I'm aware of. Just unzip them like other mods (they usually already include correct directory hierarchy `GameData/TextureReplacer/...`).

Edited by shaw

Anyone familiar with using Space Scape to make sky boxes? Space Scape saves textures as Back, Front, Right, Left, Up and Down. Fiddling around I am able to get 5 out of the 6 textures to line up in KSP, but I have to rotate the last one 180° to get it to line up. Is this normal or does someone have a better way?

I have been using the following as my key.

Back = Negative Z

Front = Positive Z

Right = Negative X

Left = Positive X

Up = Negative Y

Down = Positive Y (I have to rotate 180° to line up)