BROKEN [0.90] TextureReplacer 2.1.2 (20.12.2014)

shaw

Oho... the version 2.1.1 of the TR plugin doesn't work for me :( None of the textures are replaced, and these error lines are repeated a lot in the log:

[LOG 10:29:18.687] [TR.Reflections] Some environment map faces are missing. Reflections disabled.
[LOG 10:29:18.689] [TR.Reflections] Visor shader sucessfully compiled.
[LOG 10:29:18.690] [TR.TextureReplacer] System.ArgumentException: An element with the same key already exists in the dictionary.
at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2[UnityEngine.Shader,UnityEngine.Shader].Add (UnityEngine.Shader key, UnityEngine.Shader value) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at TextureReplacer.Reflections.initialise () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at TextureReplacer.TextureReplacer.LateUpdate () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

The version 2.1.0 works like a charm.

Oho... the version 2.1.1 of the TR plugin doesn't work for me :( None of the textures are replaced, and these error lines are repeated a lot in the log:

[LOG 10:29:18.687] [TR.Reflections] Some environment map faces are missing. Reflections disabled.
[LOG 10:29:18.689] [TR.Reflections] Visor shader sucessfully compiled.
[LOG 10:29:18.690] [TR.TextureReplacer] System.ArgumentException: An element with the same key already exists in the dictionary.
at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2[UnityEngine.Shader,UnityEngine.Shader].Add (UnityEngine.Shader key, UnityEngine.Shader value) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at TextureReplacer.Reflections.initialise () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at TextureReplacer.TextureReplacer.LateUpdate () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

The version 2.1.0 works like a charm.

Do you have duplicated entries in `CustomKerbals` across different configuration files? If that's the case it will be fixed in 2.1.2.

Wait what? Is that an actual rendered reflection (probably not)? Is there any way of using unity to render reflections on visors?

Yes. It's pretty easy to generate cube texture/environment map for a point in a scene. This is then used instead of the static environment map from `EnvMap/`.

However, I still cannot correctly render scaled space and sky(box).

Shaw that looks amazing! That is what I've always wanted with the reflections! Can't wait for the next update!

http://i.imgur.com/Yqnozzi.jpghttp://i.imgur.com/VTfSztE.jpghttp://i.imgur.com/4LSkPVH.jpg

Quick preview of the suit pack I'm working on. It'll be Class based, (badges & class markings etc will be added later) as well as tiered.

The first tier is based on the earliest version of the Sokol space suit and due to it's age is pretty worn out, but a few quick fixes and it's good enough for the lower ranking Kerbals!

Edit: Added in a preview of the First tier IVA suit

Those look really cool! Is there a download for them? :)

I have several skyboxes for everyone! I'll be uploading one at a time, so all of them won't be in this post. Expect them all to be on here in an hour or so.

• Firstly! A barren star wasteland. Just stars, no galaxies (I think there is one or two clusters in there). No nebulae, just stars.

[*]Second, a view from the centre of Andromeda. I had to tone down the brightness (alot!) to avoid weird visuals. There are several visible clusters with a very big one close-by.

[*]Third, a view from inside a yellow-ey nebula. Shot from the large magellanic cloud, you can see both the milkyway and the small magellanic cloud aswell!

• Link! - This skybox has issues.

[*]Fourth, a view from a nebula in a distant, randomly generated galaxy. It's very blue.

• Link! - This skybox has issues.

[*]Fifth, a view from the near-exact centre of Andromeda. It is inside a globular cluster, so there are lots of stars around.

[*]Sixth, a view from the centre of a Globular cluster very far above the blue galaxy mentioned previously. You can see several galaxies and nebulae from this view (and is my personal favourite).

• Link! - Works somewhat, except for the bottom pic.

[*]Seventh and lastly, an incredibly simplistic skybox. Just stars and no colours (just white). I would only recommend this is you wanted to save RAM or are going for a simple movie-like appearance. They are a mere 60kb each - compared to some of the ones above that are around 3-5mb.

All of these were taken with SpaceEngine except for number one and seven, which was generated with SpaceScape (a very handy tool for creating custom skyboxes and nebulae). All of them are in their '4096 glory', but some suit it more than others (particularly #4). I plan to also release these as options for my mod when it releases - Probably #5/6. Happy playing!

EDIT: Some still have issues around the sides of the images. Feel free to edit them how you wish to make them look better. Actually, I encourage you to if at all possible.

Edited by Chezburgar7300
New Skybox!

This mod, has gotten me downloading GIMP or similar, Just so I can start doing basic Color/Hue Edits on various Suits, so I can start having a wide variety of suits, so if I can find Custom Kerbal naming capabilities, I will actually Give spesific suits to Kerbals based on my friends XD

Finished a set of Kerbal space suits. They're edited and customized versions of Proot's suits, using assets from jfull and O-Doc.

First set, right arm band and bottom right helmet band is colored to indicate astronaut role in the mission. Brightly colored.

Download.

http://imgur.com/a/yrJZD

Second set is the same, but with less bright colors (I use this one, because I prefer dull colors over bright ones). KASA logo on the backpack is due to the flag I had set, it's not part of the actual texture.

Download.

http://imgur.com/a/3HeFy

I believe I just made an edit on my end, adding two new colors, a light green, and a deep purple/blue based off of your bright scheme using a Hue edit, though the purple kinda changed the overall color of the suit a bit >.< woops.

Edited by Ryusho
Quote Link X_X

Shaw that looks amazing! That is what I've always wanted with the reflections! Can't wait for the next update!

Those look really cool! Is there a download for them? :)

They're a work in progress, planning about 4 EVA/IVA suits to begin with. There'll be a download once completed

I just discovered TextureReplacer, and I love it! Is there some way to 'bind' suits to different level Kerbals, e.g. a "Pilot1" suit to a 1-star pilot?

Would also like to know this, as well as if it's possible to assign suits to different classes. Would definitely improve the suit pack I'm working on.

Would also like to know this, as well as if it's possible to assign suits to different classes. Would definitely improve the suit pack I'm working on.

Yes, TR 2.1.x can do that. You have magenta class buttons at the end of your roster in the UI. Assign class suits and set generic suits to "Experience". Then all Kerbals with generic suits will have them assigned according to their classes.

Hey Shaw, if I wanna turn a skybox into an envmap, what do I need to do to each file?

What I've tried has been to resize each to 128 or 512, and then the directions on the orignal post make it sound like I needed to just flip each vertically, yet when I tried it it didn't match up in game :P

Any help?

Hey Shaw, if I wanna turn a skybox into an envmap, what do I need to do to each file?

What I've tried has been to resize each to 128 or 512, and then the directions on the orignal post make it sound like I needed to just flip each vertically, yet when I tried it it didn't match up in game :P

Any help?

1. Resize all to 128 or 64 without filtering (i.e. without smoothing, to increase star visibility).

2. Flip +Y horizontally, all others vertically.

3. Swap +Y and -Y

If you're on Linux or OSX, install ImageMagick and you can run this script in skybox's directory:

#!/bin/sh

size=64x64

convert GalaxyTex_NegativeX.* -filter Point -resize $size -flip NegativeX.png
convert GalaxyTex_PositiveX.* -filter Point -resize $size -flip PositiveX.png
convert GalaxyTex_NegativeY.* -filter Point -resize $size -flip PositiveY.png
convert GalaxyTex_PositiveY.* -filter Point -resize $size -flop NegativeY.png
convert GalaxyTex_NegativeZ.* -filter Point -resize $size -flip NegativeZ.png
convert GalaxyTex_PositiveZ.* -filter Point -resize $size -flip PositiveZ.png

# To optimise PNGs
#optipng -o7 {Nega,Posi}tive{X,Y,Z}.png

Edited by shaw