BROKEN [0.90] TextureReplacer 2.1.2 (20.12.2014)

shaw

not sure how to tell what version of TR im using but im still on 0.24 ksp so i know i havent updated past that. maybe im using a version prior to the 0.24 release of TR; i dont know.

KSP is in version 0.90, and you need to update most mods for them to work when KSP updates.

Been testing these reflections on my probes and so far they look great. I think I may switch over to using this plugin for reflections.

On a side note, I don't notice any performance decrease at all unless I significantly raise up the texture resolution.

http://imgur.com/a/mJ3Eb

This is how things are at the minute. EnvMap is empty and the black visor is something I made myself and is called EVAvisor.jpg. I see nothing suspicious from TR in the logs, just the usual 'I'm loaded' and RPM telling me it's loaded.

Thank you for your patience and help :)

Do static reflections work?

(Google for the link.) It can open `KSP_Data/*.assets` files and access textures, shaders, sounds etc. within. And, of course, that's reverse engineering, hence violation of Squad's IP :)

Ah screw it, I'm not gonna break anything. I'll just have to find another suit texture to edit.

Edited by GregroxMun

Javascript is disabled. View full album

How to activate: wear your EVA suit, ragdoll without your jetpack turned on. It's not a quick spazzing out, it builds up slowly.

It works after a game restart, and Matoroignika just replicated it on his stream.

You can use the WASD controls to get out of ragdoll mode, and he pops back to normal. But after about 15 to 30 seconds, he will start to spazz out. He dies from Gee-forces because I am using Deadly Re-entry.

Works on all kerbals in every save. Does not work with the IVA suit.

Sometimes if you pause the game and resume while he's ragdolled, he'll poof.

EDIT: Tried in space, same thing happens. Found out that map view will Hell kraken.

Edited by GregroxMun

http://imgur.com/a/D4Hzj

How to activate: wear your EVA suit, ragdoll without your jetpack turned on. It's not a quick spazzing out, it builds up slowly.

It works after a game restart, and Matoroignika just replicated it on his stream.

You can use the WASD controls to get out of ragdoll mode, and he pops back to normal. But after about 15 to 30 seconds, he will start to spazz out. He dies from Gee-forces because I am using Deadly Re-entry.

EDIT: Tried in space, same thing happens. Found out that map view will Hell kraken.

Same thing here.

http://imgur.com/a/D4Hzj

Confirmed. It's a consequence of my hack (scale -> 0.0 temporarily) to hide a part to prevent to reflect itself ...

Would you be able to change the layer it is on instead?

But I would need to traverse down through hierarchy. Changing the layer just on KerbalEVA's GameObject doesn't work, I'd probably need to do it on the whole tree. And some children in KerbalEVA use layers other than 0 (e.g. thruster jets are in layer 1), so I'd have to remember layer for each one of them. Or maybe adding some number, and subtracting it afterwards would work if I knew all possible layers which may be used for parts.

And I just wanted to write you about clouds in scaled space. They are not visible when I render reflections. I don't see there would be anything wrong with my camera setup: https://github.com/ducakar/TextureReplacer/blob/devel/TextureReplacer/Reflections.cs#L152 and the code that renders reflection is here: https://github.com/ducakar/TextureReplacer/blob/devel/TextureReplacer/Reflections.cs#L46 (called in Update).

my kerbal's still have there helmets + jetpacks on while standing on kerbin. the @default.cfg has it set to true so it should be taken off. i think it has something to do with the particular custom suit im using because other suits have taken their helmets off fine. eventually i want to learn how to make my own suits and faces but im very confused by the file structure of this mod :( and i say that because there are default suits/faces then there are folders for suits/faces. very confused. hopefully some samaritan can help and i will give rep points! :kiss:

not sure how to tell what version of TR im using but im still on 0.24 ksp so i know i havent updated past that. maybe im using a version prior to the 0.24 release of TR; i dont know.

Maybe something crashed. Upload your log.

For creating custom heads and suit, just see other pack for an example.

TextureReplacer-2.1.92.zip

* Removed the hack to prevent a part from reflecting itself. This is to fix the ragdoll bug.

* Added `shader` option for TRReflection module. One can now explicitly set reflective shader, to e.g. make windows from Ven's Stock Revamp reflective (but emission-less).

To make Mk1-2 pod's windows reflective, fix entries in `GameData/VenStockRevamp/PartRevamp_TextureReplacer.cfg` like:

@PART[Mark1-2Pod]:NEEDS[TextureReplacer] {
%MODULE[TRReflection]
{
%shader = Reflective/Bumped Diffuse
%colour = 1 1 1
%meshes = Windows
}
}

TextureReplacer-2.1.92.zip

* Removed the hack to prevent a part from reflecting itself. This is to fix the ragdoll bug.

* Added `shader` option for TRReflection module. One can now explicitly set reflective shader, to e.g. make windows from Ven's Stock Revamp reflective (but emission-less).

To make Mk1-2 pod's windows reflective, fix entries in `GameData/VenStockRevamp/PartRevamp_TextureReplacer.cfg` like:

@PART[Mark1-2Pod]:NEEDS[TextureReplacer] {
%MODULE[TRReflection]
{
%shader = Reflective/Bumped Diffuse
%colour = 1 1 1
%meshes = Windows
}
}

Big clap! 10char

is this the ksp event log? that could take some of your sanity to fish through all the lines. :huh:

Either KSP.log or KSP_Data/output_log.txt should do. Log messages from TR begin like "[TR.<something>]".

ok shaw dont hurt yourself reading this thing :) have a merry day.

https://mega.co.nz/#!WEZ3QLDZ!BrxJ09R2LMufiLjS8qXo1NHvKkNzPpXORdQS9zl-AqA

i just put a kerbal on EVA then went straight to upload the log. it looks like this. i can also confirm that the setting for eva in atmosphere is turned on. really, i think its the suit pack i downloaded; its not designed to use that feature but just a guess. maybe you recognize this suit pack? i forgot its name.

WomgW84.png?1

VOXIYJu.png?1

Edited by praise the suuun
more pictures