BROKEN [0.90] TextureReplacer 2.1.2 (20.12.2014)

shaw

Is there any way to specify nomal maps for ATM as regular expressions? It's time-consuming to specify all normal maps one by one and create new list each time you install new suit textures. Anyway, that could also be solved by ATM recognising all *NRM textures as normal maps, not just *_NRM ones. That's also how KSP recognises normal maps from file names, so I guess that could be considered as a bug in ATM.

Is there any way to specify nomal maps for ATM as regular expressions? It's time-consuming to specify all normal maps one by one and create new list each time you install new suit textures. Anyway, that could also be solved by ATM recognising all *NRM textures as normal maps, not just *_NRM ones. That's also how KSP recognises normal maps from file names, so I guess that could be considered as a bug in ATM.

I thought KSP used _NRM? If it is only *NRM then that I can fix easily.

Currently there is not a way aside from adding to the list, but it should be simple enough for me to add a regex check there as well.

I meant EVA, too. atmSuitBodies array.

I'm wondering if the game calls Laythe some other name, kinda like how Minecraft calls ocelots "ozelots" in it's code. Because when I do, it doesn't work. And I only have a "@Default" cfg file, but that might be the same thing.

I'm wondering if the game calls Laythe some other name, kinda like how Minecraft calls ocelots "ozelots" in it's code. Because when I do, it doesn't work. And I only have a "@Default" cfg file, but that might be the same thing.

Strange. It works for me:

atmSuitBodies = Kerbin Laythe

Is there a reason you know of that I can't change the color of Jool? Its taking the maps but... I can't get rid of the green. It seems I can only make it lighter green. I have tried everything I know to try, including editing the plant and atmo color with kittopia (or what ever) planetary editing tool and that lightened the green a little but not much.

Is there a reason you know of that I can't change the color of Jool? Its taking the maps but... I can't get rid of the green. It seems I can only make it lighter green. I have tried everything I know to try, including editing the plant and atmo color with kittopia (or what ever) planetary editing tool and that lightened the green a little but not much.

Do you use EVE? Maybe the clouds are so dense the "surface" isn't visible.

So after updating Texture Replacer to the latest version, I noticed my RAM usage went up by a few hundred MB, and crept up after about 4 launches until i ran out of RAM and the colors of everything got weird. Removing Texture Replacer seems to fix the problem.

Am I the only one seeing this happen?

I'm having the same problem. As soon as I switch to a flight scene (runway or launchpad), logs get filled with some sort of "divideByZero" errors. I tried to isolate the problem, but no luck: it's happening on a vanilla install (ModuleManager + TextureReplacer only, x86 KSP), and I really can't tell where this come from. I also got a few memory related crash, with the same setup, really quickly (after reverting from one or two flights, it's kind of random). Errors spamming stops as soon as I leave the flight scene.

Version 1.8.1 is running just fine on the same install, so I'll stick with this version for the time being. Here are the logs for a quick game session (it didn't crashed, I just quit the game with alt+f4). The error don't give much informations, I don't know if it'll be very useful...

Just wanted to say thanks for your help. DSSLoader and converting everything did make this load so so so much faster but i didn't save much memory.

I am going to reinstall and see what happens. I have noticed that this game remembers files really really bad lol if you copy a mod folder to your desktop(so you have a back up), at least for me, that folder can not be deleted while the game is running because it thinks its open in the game but I have seen my memory usage increase over time too ( like the two people were talking about) Reinstalling usually fixes it but I havn't been able to find what is causing it yet. All I know is somthing is making the game unstable over time and reverting exacerbates the problem big time. Reinstalling fixes it for me until the first time the game crashes, after that, its just a matter of time b4 the game won't run anymore.

edited: but I don't think its TR, I was thinking it was unity but now im thinking it might be DX... in fact im thinking the KSPx64issues in window is not unity at all... or not as much as everyone says. Im thinking its DX. More specificly DX11 because, when I was running kspx64 I didn't have the issues using DX9c. B4 I was forced to use KSPx86 due to mods disabled for the windows version of KSPx64... with all my textures and mods and no DSSloader or ATM the game simply could not run on the 32bit version. This is however, forcing me to go small and keep it tidy and I don't think thats a bad thing. once I get this back on the x64version, it can only run better... at least thats my thinking lol

Edited by Enriched Uranium

am i the only one that is experiencing the can't enter any buildings except R&D and can't leave, whenever i have this installed?

Getting that too along with all the contracts breaking by either not existing or not showing any text.

am i the only one that is experiencing the can't enter any buildings except R&D and can't leave, whenever i have this installed?

This happens if you remove an agency you finished a contract for. You probably installed some mod (many of them include agency definitions) and then removed it. That's why I always delete Flags, Agencies and Strategis subfolders of all mods.

This happens if you remove an agency you finished a contract for. You probably installed some mod (many of them include agency definitions) and then removed it. That's why I always delete Flags, Agencies and Strategis subfolders of all mods.

It's happening to me on new starts except it's Mission Control instead of R&D (which won't even open) that's locking up.

And what the log says? Are there any exceptions?

I'm not at my PC currently but as far as I can remember it was showing an NRE regarding contracts. The thing is, when I started a new game, I either had no contracts available in Mission Control or, I did but the flags were white and the text was missing. When this happened, I couldn't leave the Mission Control screen nor could I exit to the main menu.

oh thanks with that now i will make sure i fix that whenever i get home

KryptonJeb.png

Clean install of TextureReplacer 1.9.2 with some suits and heads added; I'm getting this for Jeb's suit (he's the only one I've EVA'ed so far.) Any idea what's going wrong? When on EVA, his suit went completely black when in the shadow of kerbin.

Edited by politas