BROKEN [0.90] TextureReplacer 2.1.2 (20.12.2014)

shaw

TR can only replace high-altitude planet textures, cannot change terrain shape or textures. If you set Earth texture for terrain you will see Earth from high altitude (> 300 km) that will slowly blend into Kerbin when you'll go down. You can use heightmaps though, rename them according to OP, but that will only affect bumpmapping effect on the high-altitude textures, not terrain shape.

I've been editing only the NewMunSurfaceMapDiffuse and NewMunSurfaceMapNormals to show the real moon texture and the same for Duna with mars texture. I left kerbin as it was only these two bodies I wanted to change, I guess ill just need to come in low and look for a landing spot using these changes lol

Thanks for the info as always!

Where do I put the custom kerbals at? Under where it says "Name = headTex [suitDir] " or under where the examples are and do I erase those.

it should look like this right?

Jebediah Kerman = 1Head Suit1

Bob Kerman = 2Head Suit2

Bill Kerman = 3Head Suit3

Edit..... Sorry i'm a noob I got it figured out

Edited by ebookah

Hey guys, first post here. Noticed that my female kerbal textures had been posted here so thought I should post an update with the improvements.

There's three different hair colours at the moment, blonde, brown and black. Was going to create my own snoopy cap design but seeing as Green Skull's was so good I've used that.

Originally the my custom textures were just for myself but if there is any interest then I'd be happy to carry on.

Also working on some custom EVA/IVA suits.

Preview ----> N8LjESi.jpg

Edited by Scart91

Where do I put the custom kerbals at? Under where it says "Name = headTex [suitDir] " or under where the examples are and do I erase those.

it should look like this right?

Jebediah Kerman = 1Head Suit1

Bob Kerman = 2Head Suit2

Bill Kerman = 3Head Suit3

Edit..... Sorry i'm a noob I got it figured out

It looks ok. You put it anywhere in CustomKerbals section.

v1.7.2 released.

- Hashing method has been tweaked a little. When using even number of heads and suits the even suits were always assigned to even heads and vice versa.

- IVA Kerbal personalisation is now triggered by the new onCrewTransferred event to work with stock crew transfers. That also means this release is incompatible with KSP 0.24.x.

v1.7.2 released.

- Hashing method has been tweaked a little. When using even number of heads and suits the even suits were always assigned to even heads and vice versa.

- IVA Kerbal personalisation is now triggered by the new onCrewTransferred event to work with stock crew transfers. That also means this release is incompatible with KSP 0.24.x.

since this updated does that mean any other texture packs (like renaissance compilation) would work too?

because the would only require plugin unless of course you changed the system err.....

since this updated does that mean any other texture packs (like renaissance compilation) would work too?

because the would only require plugin unless of course you changed the system err.....

From TR 1.3 on there hasn't been any significant change that would break texture packs except for configuration files. TR portion of KSPRC should still work fine, including configuration.

My astronaut complex doesn't seem to be generating female kerbals? I assume I've done something wrong, but I didn't do anything differently from 2.4.2. Male heads and suits are both loading fine.

Update: a female kerbal showed up (!!!) but; I'm pretty sure the mustache was unintended.

Edited by LambertStrether

IIRC those are not just textures and doesn't use Texture Replacer, RSS is it's own mod that rescales the planets and changes their surface and stuff.

If you just rename the textures and use them in TR they work fine.

Hi, shaw! Thanks for your amazing mod, great as always. I have a question: would be possible to change the textures of the kerbal scientists and workers inside the buildings and the menus of the game? (with this version)

If the answer is yes, could you explain me how?

Hi, shaw! Thanks for your amazing mod, great as always. I have a question: would be possible to change the textures of the kerbal scientists and workers inside the buildings and the menus of the game? (with this version)

Ooh! I'm liking where this is going.

Hey Proot, how would one go about adding more colors to the Pimp my Kerbals pack? i.e. adding green and red suits?

Also, any chance we could get Creepy Mortimer as a Kerbal head? :D

Hey Proot, how would one go about adding more colors to the Pimp my Kerbals pack? i.e. adding green and red suits?

Also, any chance we could get Creepy Mortimer as a Kerbal head? :D

I'm not updating PmK pack anymore, sorry. But that pack is completely open to any modiffication while you specify the origin in case of a new redistribution.

Maybe in KSPRC (in the future) I could do new suits. For the moment new heads are ready for the new version, including new females inspired in Valentina Tereshkova (first woman on space) or Ripley (in Alien 3). I would like to do my own Mortimer. :)

I'm uploading 1.7.3 shortly, it'll have `logTextures` option to dump internal names of all textures that TR can change (by placing a file with the same name into `TextureReplacer/Default/`).

@Proot: Is PimpMyKerbals entirely under CC BY-NC-SA? I've updated it for TR 1.7 some time ago, I can publish it when I'm sure I have all necessary permissions.

@Proot: Is PimpMyKerbals entirely under CC BY-NC-SA? I've updated it for TR 1.7 some time ago, I can publish it when I'm sure I have all necessary permissions.

Yes, "PmK" is CC By-NC-SA and, of course, you have all my permission and blessings to update it or even include it in TR if you want. Would be a complete honour. Oh, and you know, anything you want or need you only need to tell me. ;)

Btw, the dump of texture names will be extremely helpful, many thanks for the new version!

Updated Pimp My Kerbals pack.

- Reorganised directory hierarchy to be up-to-date with TextureReplacer and removed some duplicated textures.

- Re-generated normal maps as most of suits' normal maps were wrong (grayish).

- Converted planet textures to JPEG format and thus halved the size of this pack.

- Added a few new suit colours, since several people were complaining about too few suit colours.

- Added configuration files for TextureReplacer 1.7.x.

Hey Shaw thanks for the update!

I am having some problems though, I deleted the old texture replacer and replaced that with 1.7.3 update. It loads up fine without any textures being added, but as soon as I put in only the skybox it crashes after loading all the files. I dont know if its the out of memory issue, I have added the output.log below anyway. The weird thing is that if i use the previous texture replacer everything loads fine and that has a suits, helmets, heads, sky box and planet textures in it.

https://www./#wtdvpzc8wwbwp

thanks for the help.