BROKEN [0.90] TextureReplacer 2.1.2 (20.12.2014)

shaw

This currently works (in .24) for everything other than custom kerbal faces and suits from what I can tell. At the very least, skybox and EVA visor reflection work.

I have the same on Linux64. It is spamming about "type CrewRoster" in the log a lot.

v1.6.1 released.

Looks like it only had to be recompiled for 0.24. I hope it works fine, I'm really busy IRL now and I haven't been able to test everything.

It works fine, but it is no longer compatible with EVE. The old .23.5 version of EVE works fine with .24, but the .24 recompile of TextureReplacer broke compatibility with it. I have been playing in the Windows 64-bit version by the way.

Edited by mike9606

It works fine, but it is no longer compatible with EVE. The old .23.5 version of EVE works fine with .24, but the .24 recompile of TextureReplacer broke compatibility with it. I have been playing in the Windows 64-bit version by the way.

Have you notice a marked improvement with the 64bit version in terms of performance. And do you suspect I'd be able to use HD packs and extra planets and lots of part mods simultaneously with it?

At summer camp so can't play for two moreweeks

Have you notice a marked improvement with the 64bit version in terms of performance. And do you suspect I'd be able to use HD packs and extra planets and lots of part mods simultaneously with it?

At summer camp so can't play for two moreweeks

Well I was able to use B9 Aerospace and EVE+Astonomers Visual pack V3 together at maximum graphics setting, so if you have more than 4gb of ram it will help (I have 8gb of RAM). But if you have 4gb or less of RAM 64-bit won't help.

It works fine, but it is no longer compatible with EVE.

Hmm, well if that's the case I may just live without the unique Kerbal faces for now then. I'm still using Astronomer's pack and love my clouds, dammit!

What part of it isn't working?

Nothing. I'm obviously doing something wrong.

I have all the textures I want for planets/moons in the Default folder, and have them named properly in the config file, even the skybox. But once I load the game everything is the default still. When loading the game I see it taking a while to load all the new textures.

Nothing. I'm obviously doing something wrong.

I have all the textures I want for planets/moons in the Default folder, and have them named properly in the config file, even the skybox. But once I load the game everything is the default still. When loading the game I see it taking a while to load all the new textures.

Is the plugin in the plugins folder?

Is the plugin in the plugins folder?

Yep. I've probably got the config file wrong. I tried it both with and without the file extensions, same thing. You use the @Default file as the config file, correct? I don't have to create a new file or anything.

If someone who has planet textures working with this mod could PM me the contents of their config file, I can probably figure out what's wrong. Thanks :P

Edited by Dortmunder

Anyone? Please PM me the contents of a config file with working planet textures, I can't get this to work :(

You don't to change any settings for planet textures. Look at texture packs in OP on how to organise files.

You don't to change any settings for planet textures. Look at texture packs in OP on how to organise files.

Ah, thanks. I thought I had to have that code from the first post in the config file for planet textures. I downloaded some 8k ones from the Universe Replacer thread and was trying to use them named as they were. Removing the code and renaming the files to the same as one of the texture packs from here worked. Thanks!

Got two simple questions:

1. Does TextureReplacer replace textures (old ones removed from RAM), or reassign textures (old and new are in RAM, but only new one is used)? And is it the same for those in gamedata as well as ksp_data?

2. The docs say only to use square textures. Does it actually mean square only, or does it mean powers of two? Some of the squad textures aren't squares.

1. Textures from `Default/` are replaced (hopefully unloaded after replacement) while Kerbal textures from `Heads/` and `Suits/` are only reassigned.

2. Where does it say that? Only environment maps must be squares.

1. Textures from `Default/` are replaced (hopefully unloaded after replacement) while Kerbal textures from `Heads/` and `Suits/` are only reassigned.

2. Where does it say that? Only environment maps must be squares.

So when are you gonna make the head textures compatible?

Thanks for the quick info shaw :) About squares.... i checked the readme again - the statement is under the visor section. Sorry, i didn't figure out that it only applies to those.

So when are you gonna make the head textures compatible?

What do you mean by compatible? Which heads pack is not compatible? Pimp My Kerbals is updated inside KSPRC while other packs should work just fine.

What do you mean by compatible? Which heads pack is not compatible? Pimp My Kerbals is updated inside KSPRC while other packs should work just fine.

Compatible with Astronomer's Visual Pack :/

Guessing never?