the new offical KSP video "special Delivery"

Pbhead

I find it funny how they sent a cake to the Kerbals who are stranded on Eve when they cannot even take their helmets out. Oh well, it's the Kerbal way.

I suppose they have their capsule, although one of them (I assume Bill, he's the stupid one right?) seemed to try and bash his way in, possibly indicating it had gotten stuck...

So I have a theory on this video.

It is a subtle joke from Squad poking fun at us the community.

Hear me out on this. We right now are stuck on Eve you see, a barren planet with nothing to do. We haven't had a new update in months and are eagerly awaiting the rescue package. As I have stated before, I think Jebediah is the reflection of the player in the game, therefore Jeb, when he sees the "Package"(update) he immediately begins to imagine things and what he will do with them. He imagines an OP jetpack that can solve all his problems; it is glorious! Blue flames, infinite fuel, can carry three kerbals out of Eve, it is exactly what he has always wanted! This is the same thing that we as a community do whenever a new update is out. We imagine everything we will ever do with it. However, when they open the package, it is much more mundane (in Jeb's eyes) than he thought. He promptly loses consciousness because the anticipation was killing him.

Also the cake is a lie.

So Squad is giving us cake we can't eat when what we really want is the sky and stars beyond? More biomes? ;)

Naw, I was just being tongue-in-cheek. It's a homage at how insatiable our appetites are because we are like Jeb. We love the stars, we hunger for them. But there is only so much that can be done.

I suppose they have their capsule, although one of them (I assume Bill, he's the stupid one right?) seemed to try and bash his way in, possibly indicating it had gotten stuck...

Bill was bashing at the ladder, not the hatch. He was probably doing that either out of frustration, boredom, or he was having a sudden spurt of stupidity.

Being stranded on Eve can cause unhealthy effects to the brain, you know. :)

looked like the hatch to me...

Stuck outside the capsule they get a delivery.

One imagines it's a super jet pack to rescue them...

But it's a cake... which they can't eat... because they're stuck outside and removing their helmets will kill them.

No, he's quite clearly mashing the ladder.

It looks like he might have gotten his suit caught on it (hence the pulling/smashing motion); notice the significantly louder clang when he jumps off, like metal snapping back into place after being pulled outwards (and no, it was not him kicking off- his feet were already firmly planted on the side of the capsule).

I love how deep this clip really is.

When you think about it, this perfectly symbolizes our hopes for something interesting in .23 (the rocketpack) getting smashed down almost completely in favour of nearly purely mod-related minor improvements and 3D-mouse support for the seven people that have 3D-mice (cake).

I love how deep this clip really is.

When you think about it, this perfectly symbolizes our hopes for something interesting in .23 (the rocketpack) getting smashed down almost completely in favour of nearly purely mod-related minor improvements and 3D-mouse support for the seven people that have 3D-mice (cake).

I would like to point out that the 3D mouse support is likely taking very minimal developer time, at least from SQUAD's perspective. You see, they're working directly with 3DConnexion on this, who is the largest manufacturer of 3D mice, and if 3DConnexion is handling KSP like they have the other products that have integrated 3D mouse support, then their team is doing most of the work in actually setting up KSP to use their API.

So whatever you may think of the .23 update, it's not because 3D mouse support is being added.

The reason Felipe saw fit to add 3D-mouse support was because it would take "an afternoon", but it ended up taking just shy of a week instead going by the devnotes.

I don't really care for 3D-mice, but that is still a lot of extra development time for something most customers will never use.

Bill was bashing at the ladder, not the hatch. He was probably doing that either out of frustration, boredom, or he was having a sudden spurt of stupidity.

Being stranded on Eve can cause unhealthy effects to the brain, you know. :)

I can only conclude that they managed to lock the keys inside the capsule.

Although it might not actually look like that since it's in the dream sequence - it's how Jeb sees the space station, not necessarily what they actually launched in.

Oh, and "space station"? Or "mothership"? Lots of fuel in that crazy contraption, regardless!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.