Real Life Kerbal Controls

In honor of Kerbalkon I am unveiling my plans for a real life Kerbal Controller that looks similar to the internal controls of Kerbal spacecraft. It's still in the development phases right now I'm tinkering with the actual size of the different parts and screens that will be required for this. I may need some assistance with programing of this device but for now I still need to get the actual components in place before I can do anything else. If you are interested let me know I doubt it will ever be mass produced but I wouldn't mind making a few dozen of these.

Top View

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=15rk4r9&s=5#.Uqs5wOIemHg

15rk4r9.jpg

Front View:

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=31291qc&s=5#.Uqs59-IemHg

31291qc.jpg

Edited by Mustanger

OOOOOO interesting idea, might I make a suggestion and make the joystick slot circular? In this way you can move in any direction, not just left right forward and back. Also, as a construction helper, you could get a cheap off the shelf joy stick and throttle control (Or at least be able to look at their code) and use that for the joystick and throttle.

OOOOOO interesting idea, might I make a suggestion and make the joystick slot circular? In this way you can move in any direction, not just left right forward and back. Also, as a construction helper, you could get a cheap off the shelf joy stick and throttle control (Or at least be able to look at their code) and use that for the joystick and throttle.

The Joystick slot is just a place holder for now, I haven't even begun work on it yet I still have to decide on an actual size to make it. Right now it looks like its going to be about 37x31x10cm (approx. 1ftx1ftx4in), I'm also trying to figure out what material to make it out of metal v. plastic. I favor working with metal but plastic has it's advantages.

You can make that an iPad app. You turn that on n your iPad or tablet and sync it with KSP, and use iPad to control stuff.

I've seen an app like that, but it didn't get into the app store.

NEVER I hate Ipads and refuse to use them plus nothing beats the feel of a real joystick/buttons in your hand.

Edited by Mustanger

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.