The Space Shuttle 2.0, Just fly naturally

Halsfury

The New Space Shuttle

Javascript is disabled. View full album

This shuttle comes with no fancy manual or action groups, it flies without any micromanagement of little stability enhancing rockets or anything complex, boring and unstable

This shuttle is so stable it nearly flies itself!

http://www./download/s0fexh2q7bzphio/Space+Shuttle+2_0.craft

USER MANUAL; READ IT!

FLY IT LIKE YOU SAW IT FLY ON TV/YOUTUBE, DO NOT TRY TO FLY IT ANY OTHER WAY

DO NOT THINK THAT YOU CAN TINKER WITH THE SHUTTLE 2.0, YOU WILL FAIL:sticktongue:

READ THE ACTION GROUP DESCRIPTIONS AND DON'T BE DISAPPOINTED IF YOU FAIL TO USE THEM!

Only 2 action groups

Press 1: to drop the liquid fuelled boosters (near the end of their burn they produce too much thrust so they must be jettisoned)

*this is unavoidable

Press 2: to turn off the Shuttle's main engines

*If the main engines are used when the shuttle is detached from the main tank then the shuttle will spin, the main engines are only designed for use with the external tank

EDIT: Put it in the VAB folder, not the SPH

EDIT 2: I built a new version of this with a cargo bay for anyone who's interested it can be found through this link

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/63074-Space-Shuttle-4-0-Cargo-just-as-easy-to-fly-as-the-2-0%21

Edited by Halsfury

wow! I appreciate the time and effort needed to create a space shuttle, but this is just... wow!!

Shortest post-to-response time I've ever had, 5 minutes, thank you! Also please let me know how the media fire link is working for you

All I meant by that is that tinkering with the Shuttle 2.0 is a bad thing to try

Nice shuttle though

EDIT: I amended the manual to "do not think that you can tinker with the shuttle 2.0"

Edited by Halsfury

Same here. The whole design process is frustrating but fun at the same time. :)

I have a hint which you will find very helpful;

tis better to keep the COG slightly above the line drawn by the thrust vector, than to keep the COG slightly below it, also empty the tanks which are closer to the main engines first

The cargo bay looks awesome! :) Perfect for mini satellites. Or you could try those jetpack type things that the astronauts used in real life and put those in the cargo bay. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manned_Maneuvering_Unit

Thanks for the tip, maybe now I can start removing some of the reaction wheels spammed inside the external tank to reduce weight (and feel less guilty about using so many of them).

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.