[v0.24] Tarsier Space Technology (v4.5c Now with GALAXIES!!!)

tobyb121

What do people think if I started a new 0.90 OP post using my forked version for this mod in tobyb121's absence? I'm only thinking love this mod, would love for people to keep using this awesome mod and perhaps the op title of 0.24 stops people from looking to see if it works on 0.90? Anyone have any clue to his whereabouts? I went back through his posts on this thread and everything was business as usual with lots of posts until he just stopped corresponding on 5th Oct where he was looking at some bug someone reported.. and that was it... He hasn't been on the forum since 15th November last year.

That is actually a good idea. Just write there that you'll maintain the mod until toby's return :)

Also, thanks for fixing the mod!

What do people think if I started a new 0.90 OP post using my forked version for this mod in tobyb121's absence? I'm only thinking love this mod, would love for people to keep using this awesome mod and perhaps the op title of 0.24 stops people from looking to see if it works on 0.90? Anyone have any clue to his whereabouts? I went back through his posts on this thread and everything was business as usual with lots of posts until he just stopped corresponding on 5th Oct where he was looking at some bug someone reported.. and that was it... He hasn't been on the forum since 15th November last year.

This seems like a good idea. Your work in maintaining the mod is appreciated, but likely missed by many, as it is currently buried here.

• 2 weeks later...

One thing I notice with the Tarsier Telescopes is that I still get a heavy wobble when viewing even close objects like Minmus. There is probably something I am not doing to stop this wobble, if anyone could help it would be greatly appreciated.

One thing I notice with the Tarsier Telescopes is that I still get a heavy wobble when viewing even close objects like Minmus. There is probably something I am not doing to stop this wobble, if anyone could help it would be greatly appreciated.

Ok, yes wobble is inevitable. It's because of the way the new autopilot works with the reaction wheels.

Here is the approach I use which seems to work fairly well.

Target the object you want to photograph use the map view or using the galaxy list.

Switch on autopilot SAS and set it to 'Target' mode. this will roughly align you with the target.

Switch on the highlight target option in the window will help you to find the object.

Once its roughly aligned change the autopilot to 'hold' mode. This reduces wobble a LOT.

Then fine tune your zoom and using the fine tuning servos attached to the telescope using the translate keyes, I,J,K,L.

Take your picture.

I will cut and paste this into my new OP post here as from now on I am maintaining this mod using that post.

• 1 month later...

I think I've found a conflict with this and Cacteye 2's telescope plugin.

I'm currently using a tech tree mod, so I don't know which nodes to zerg in a fresh Science mode game.

If some one could let me know the earliest node(s) that needs unlocked to get a Tarsier telescope that would be very helpful.

I think I've found a conflict with this and Cacteye 2's telescope plugin.

I'm currently using a tech tree mod, so I don't know which nodes to zerg in a fresh Science mode game.

If some one could let me know the earliest node(s) that needs unlocked to get a Tarsier telescope that would be very helpful.

Try my caretaker version (which I am maintaining in tobyb121's absence) which is supported in 0.90. If you are using the version from this OP thread or earlier it will not work in 0.90.

Link back 2 posts from this one above.

You can check the science required for a part in the part.cfg or start a sandbox game.

Both telescopes require advScienceTech node.

Edited by JPLRepo

You can check the science required for a part in the part.cfg or start a sandbox game.

Both telescopes require advScienceTech node.

Thanks.

The problem I'm having is when I try to use the experiments from either mod, so sandbox isn't an option.

Hopefully the bug disappears with your caretaker version. If not then I'll be settling in for some serious bug hunting Sunday.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Whenever I take a picture of a body (Sun, Mun, Minmus, Kerbin) with a "Deep Space Telescope", right-click it, select "Check Results" and "Transmit Data", nothing is being transmitted.

In particular, it prevents me from completing my "Take a picture of the Sun" contract :(

Hi,

Whenever I take a picture of a body (Sun, Mun, Minmus, Kerbin) with a "Deep Space Telescope", right-click it, select "Check Results" and "Transmit Data", nothing is being transmitted.

In particular, it prevents me from completing my "Take a picture of the Sun" contract :(

If you are using this version of the mod I am not surprised.

I have been maintaining a caretaker version since KSP V0.90 here.

If you are in fact using the latest version of the mod (currently 5.2) then you will need to post more information. But please do so in the new OP as per the link above.

Follow these instructions for support.

• 1 month later...
Hey guys, i've installed the mod on ksp 1.0.4 and i think it was bugged cause i cant see in space properly, i'll link u the img of the bug, can u help me to resolve it? http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/436072181612760422/72C7D63098B8E291915B0E0F866A91B199E8EE28/?interpolation=lanczos-none&output-format=jpeg&output-quality=95&fit=inside|1024:575&composite-to=*,*|1024:575&background-color=black

Did you you the download included in this thread? If so, read the post above your own, and go to that thread. If you used the download from that thread, then post the issue there.

Did you you the download included in this thread? If so, read the post above your own, and go to that thread. If you used the download from that thread, then post the issue there.

Yep, i've downloaded it from this thread but it doesnt work anyway. I've tried to download and reistalling but it give to me the same problem.

Yep, i've downloaded it from this thread but it doesnt work anyway. I've tried to download and reistalling but it give to me the same problem.

Sorry you downloaded what version from what thread?? If you downloaded the version from THIS thread it is OLD. Please go to the new Thread on the link below and ensure you are using the latest version. If you require support and you are using that version. Please follow the instructions below and post help request on the NEW thread.

As per my previous post in this thread:

If you are using this version of the mod I am not surprised.

I have been maintaining a caretaker version since KSP V0.90 here.

If you are in fact using the latest version of the mod (currently 5.2) then you will need to post more information. But please do so in the new OP as per the link above.

Follow these instructions for support.

• 3 weeks later...
how in the flaming heck do i find the galaxies? or am i just stupid? pls help

This is an old forum thread. If you are using the version of TST from this thread it will probably not work.

Please go to the new forum thread here. Make sure you are using the latest version of TST. If you still require help please post a message on the new thread.

Thanks.

• 9 months later...
4 hours ago, AresPunisher said:

I having a problem toggling the telescope to go up. When I right click on it nothing comes up. Can I please have some help.

Try in the new tread:

Don't know why this is still open...

edit:  and welcome to the forums

Edited by superm18

• 4 months later...
On 5/24/2016 at 2:56 AM, superm18 said:

Try in the new thread:

Don't know why this is still open...

@ryan andrade

Also, 

Now that KSP 1.2 Prerelease is out, PLEASE do not expect mods to be updated quickly.  
Prerelease is for the purpose of further debugging, and gives us modders an opportunity to see the new code and work with it.  
Since prerelease is typically a moving target, I will not be releasing any "official" release of my mods until KSP goes Full 1.2 Release itself.
Sorry to disappoint you all, but I do not have the free time to be continually updating and releasing while 1.2 is still a moving target.

• 5 months later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.