[v0.24] Tarsier Space Technology (v4.5c Now with GALAXIES!!!)

tobyb121

I love this mod so much - seriously, rovers and satelittes now has their usages - and the idea of hard drives, but I've got some suggestions about them.

Firstly, you could imho reconsider thier storage size - they're a bit heavy for a small part (I get it, full of electronics) - and with that weight they can store only a little amount of mits comparing to stock science parts. For example, Computing Nose Cone has data size of 200 mits (I think that's the "heaviest" experiment) and weights less (0.08t) than your hard drive. I'd love to be able to just decouple little satelitte with hard drives from the science unit and then send it to Kerbin, but right now I have to haul all experiments modules.

Secondly, It would be nice if we were able to store experiments from eva - I don't know how hard it would be to implement this module in the drives, but maybe it's worth a try.

And for the last, is it possible to integrate small drives with KAS? You know, sending a bunch of empty hd drives and just attaching them to satelittes traveling back if needed.

• 2 weeks later...
Did I miss it. Does this work for .25?

Sorry to be a pest. Missing this great mod!

There is a possible work around but, myself I'm going to just wait for the update. Hopefully it will be done soon. The mod makers are hard at work updating as quickly as they can. A beer for Toby and all the mod makers out there for all the work they do. :cool:

I also cant wait for update, but since current version breakes other mods, I made a quick woraround: https://www.dropbox.com/s/djy74atmwospmvp/TarsierSpaceTech.dll?dl=0

I havent tested everything, but so far mod loads correctly and after testing hard drives, they work.

Solution I have made (for people who want to compile mod themselves or just dont trust binary files):

In TSTProgressTracker.cs changed

Utils.print("Getting Telescope Galaxy Status");
foreach (TSTGalaxy g in TSTGalaxies.Galaxies)
{
if (telescopeNode.HasValue(g.name))
TelescopeData[g.name] = telescopeNode != null ? (telescopeNode.GetValue(g.name) == "true") : false;
else
TelescopeData[g.name] = false;
}

to

Utils.print ("Getting Telescope Galaxy Status");
try {
foreach (TSTGalaxy g in TSTGalaxies.Galaxies) {
if (telescopeNode != null && telescopeNode.HasValue (g.name))
TelescopeData [g.name] = telescopeNode != null ? (telescopeNode.GetValue (g.name) == "true") : false;
else
TelescopeData [g.name] = false;
}
} catch (Exception ex) {
Utils.print ("Failed to override, preventing serious problems.");
Utils.print (ex.Message);
Utils.print (ex.StackTrace);
}

I also cant wait for update, but since current version breakes other mods, I made a quick woraround: https://www.dropbox.com/s/djy74atmwospmvp/TarsierSpaceTech.dll?dl=0

I havent tested everything, but so far mod loads correctly and after testing hard drives, they work.

Solution I have made (for people who want to compile mod themselves or just dont trust binary files):

In TSTProgressTracker.cs changed

Utils.print("Getting Telescope Galaxy Status");
foreach (TSTGalaxy g in TSTGalaxies.Galaxies)
{
if (telescopeNode.HasValue(g.name))
TelescopeData[g.name] = telescopeNode != null ? (telescopeNode.GetValue(g.name) == "true") : false;
else
TelescopeData[g.name] = false;
}

to

Utils.print ("Getting Telescope Galaxy Status");
try {
foreach (TSTGalaxy g in TSTGalaxies.Galaxies) {
if (telescopeNode != null && telescopeNode.HasValue (g.name))
TelescopeData [g.name] = telescopeNode != null ? (telescopeNode.GetValue (g.name) == "true") : false;
else
TelescopeData [g.name] = false;
}
} catch (Exception ex) {
Utils.print ("Failed to override, preventing serious problems.");
Utils.print (ex.Message);
Utils.print (ex.StackTrace);
}

Did you set this work around for a simple overwrite of existing or for manual input? ie...just copy your work around and place in tarsier file and tell it to overwrite.

Just thought I'd post this here so that hopefully it get's fixed sometime. I noticed that my alarms from Kerbal Alarm Clock where not saving to my game after I closed KSP down and went through the process of reinstalling KSP and then installing Kerbal Alarm Clock and testing which each and every mod that I use and it turns out that Tarsier was the only mod that was causing any kind of conflict. Not sure what's going on but figured you'd want to know about it. Here is a link to the post I made on the forums under the Kerbal Alarm Clock post, it starts at post #1195 ( http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/24786-0-25-0-Kerbal-Alarm-Clock-v3-0-1-0-%28Oct-26%29/page120 )

Oh, good mod for probes...

But I have a friend making the RAMAN spectrometer for the next rover to mars... The LASER color is GREEN*, no RED... There any possibility of change it?

*RAMAN spectrograph is based on the no-linear effects of light with the interaction of photons and materials, one photon by 10^6 photons change the frequency by its interaction with atoms and molecules... The energy of the photons on the green LASER are higher than red so is more easy find the RAMAN spectrum.

One caveat: Hard drives don't work in space. At all. They just..don't. NASA made a big mistake. Can you have SSD's instead? Also, I think that having storage like that is slightly OP as it degrades the purpose of a probe. How about a slight background drain, sort of like a probe core?

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you so much for this! This even fixes some other mods (ScienceAlert; KerbalAlarmClock 3.x)!

[TABLE=class: highlight tab-size-8 js-file-line-container]

[TR]

[TD=class: blob-code js-file-line]Too bad this mod seems not being maintained.

Reading the license it seems if someone wants to they can copy this mod and update and distribute it.

Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy ofhis software and associated documentation files (the "Software"), to deal inthe Software without restriction, including without limitation the rights to use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sub-license, and/or sell copies of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the Software is furnished to do so,:

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=class: blob-num js-line-number, align: right][/TD]

[TD=class: blob-code js-file-line][/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

I've looked through the code, forked it and made a couple of fixes and a recompile.

You can have a go at the compiled version here : https://github.com/TriggerAu/TarsierSpaceTechnology/releases/tag/v4.5c-Patch1

And the modified source here : https://github.com/TriggerAu/TarsierSpaceTechnology/

I've also submitted a pull request to tobyb121 , as I dont intend to maintain this long term. Just figured it would be helpful for anyone having issues currently.

Moderators: If I'm doing something wrong here then please let me know :)

And Galaxies still dont working for me its show window poping up but instead of galaxies thats nothing

As I dont play with this mod usually, you'll have to give me some more details on whats going on here. What game mode, what steps, etc. And then I can try and repeat them here and work out whats going on if I can

As I dont play with this mod usually, you'll have to give me some more details on whats going on here. What game mode, what steps, etc. And then I can try and repeat them here and work out whats going on if I can

Game mode-Career

Any telescope

lots of other mods

any of two telescopes

hiting button "show galaxies"

apears list

but with no galaxies

only button "hide"

when im loading game for a sec shows list just before screen blackout and show loading screen after loading list is still empty no galaxies

telescopes are on kerbinn orbit tryed both manned and unmanned

have mechjeb onboard

no metter im on orbit or on ground

i didnt tested this option on previeus version so i dont now how it should work

and thank u for your effort of bringing this mod up

This is screenshot6ycrht.jpg

And how it looks during loading

v4qfbs.jpg

Edited by sober667

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.