[v0.24] Tarsier Space Technology (v4.5c Now with GALAXIES!!!)

tobyb121

HDD now work but when I fill it and send de datas, whith the big one, the capacity don't change to 0% It's normal?

I'd have to look through the code I think, but IIRC when the science data is sent for transmission it is immediately removed from the hdd, so I would suggest it is not being transmitted, have you definitely got sufficient power etc. for your antennas? does the actual data get removed if you select review data?

No worries, it's not like you could have known without having a pretty good knowledge of the source code :)

yep no ideas how you guys code :) but anyway a question if i may

could the error i posted earlier be tied to a custom tech tree? i noticed that whenever i use a custom tech tree the error comes back but not at a specific time or event is it possible that the rearrangement of custom tree's nodes can produce this error?

at System.Linq.Enumerable.First[RDTech] (IEnumerable`1 source, System.Func`2 predicate) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

i think that the contracts are looking for a specific node in the tech tree and when they don't find it the bug occurs (not being able to recover the vessel) it drives me completely crazy this error :D

Edited by dtoxic

yep no ideas how you guys code :) but anyway a question if i may

could the error i posted earlier be tied to a custom tech tree? i noticed that whenever i use a custom tech tree the error comes back but not at a specific time or event is it possible that the rearrangement of custom tree's nodes can produce this error?

at System.Linq.Enumerable.First[RDTech] (IEnumerable`1 source, System.Func`2 predicate) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

i think that the contracts are looking for a specific node in the tech tree and when they don't find it the bug occurs (not being able to recover the vessel) it drives me completely crazy this error :D

It's hard to say for sure, but it sounds like that may be a problem. The reason you can't recover the vessel is because it has to access the Research and Development components, to award you all the science etc., however for some reason (that looks like it could be caused by a custom tech tree) this can't be loaded properly and that's what causes it to fail.

• 2 weeks later...

just installed this, and now ksp won't load, it goes through the screen with the load bar, but then it freezes with the black screen with the planets, or on the start screen without any menus showing up, just the kerbal on the mun. for reference here is the list of other mods I have installed (except for Interstellar, and EVE) ignore everything after the version number, I copied it from a reference file I have created, and the rest of the stuff (CF, KS, dl, ndl, and the ksp version number are just for reference)

1st round

1. SCANsat v7.0 dl .24.1

2. MechJeb2 v2.3.1.0 CF dl .24.1

3. Engineer v0.6.2.10 CF dl .24.2

4. Toolbar v1.7.6 dl .24.2

5. kerbal alarm clock v2.7.8.2 CF dl .24.2

6. enhanced navbal v1.3.2 CF dl .24.0

7. MechJeb and Engineer for all CF dl .23.5

8. Kethane 0.8.8.1 dl .24.2

9. FloorItPro CF dl .23.5

10. SCANSat for All 5/30 CF dl .23.5

11. ModuleManager v.2.2.1 dl .24

12. Research Them All v1.1 dl .23.5

13. Lazor docking cam v34 CF dl .24

14. RCSBuildAid v0.4.6 CF dl .24

15. Kerbal Joint Reinforcement v2.4.3 KS dl .24.2

16. Landing Height 1.1 dl .24.2

17. Active Texture Management 3.3.1 basic dl .24

18. KAS v0.4.8 CF dl .24.2

19. DebRefund v1.0.12 KS dl .24.2

20. Part Catalog v3.0 dl .24.0

21. Science Alert v1.7.1 dl .24.1

22. Connected Living Space v1.0.8.0 KS dl .24.2

23. Improved Chase Camera 1.4.0 CF dl .24.2

24. Fuesebox v1.0a CF dl .24.2

25. TweakScale v1.43 CF dl .24.2

26. Editor Extensions v1.3 dl .24.0

2nd round

1. RemoteTech v1.4.1 dl .24.2

2. AJE v1.4 dl .24.2

3. Sensible Pumps v1.1 CF dl .24

4. RealChute v1.2.4 KS dl .24.2

5. Ferram Aerospace Research v0.14.1.1 KS dl .24.2

6. Deadly Reentry Continued v5.2 dl .24.2

7. Interstellar v0.12.2 experimental dl .24.2

8. Kerbal Crew Transfer v0.5 KS dl .24.2

9. Ship Manifest v.24.0.3.3.1a CF dl .24.0

10. FinePrint v0.58b CF dl .24.2

3rd round

1. DistantObjectEnhancement v1.3.1 dl .24

2. TextureReplacer v1.7.0 CF dl .24

3. HotRockets v7.1 CF dl .24.2

4. Chatterer v0.6.2 KS dl .24.2

5. Atmospheric Sound Enhancement v2.1.1 ndl .23

6. J’s Kerbal Suit Pack june 3 dl

4th round

1. Universal Storage v.75.5 dl .24.2

2. Universal Storage KAS pack v.75.3 dl .24.2

3. Universal Storage Part Catalog pack dl .24.2

4. infernal robotics .18.6a CF dl .24.2

5. Spaceplane Plus v1.3 dl .24

6. ProceduralParts v0.9.18 ndl .24.2

7. B9 Aerospace v5 KS dl .24.2

8. Extraplanetary Launchpads v4.2.3 dl .24.2

9. Procedural Wing v0.8.1 KS dl .24.2

10. Procedural Fairings v3.09 dl .24.2

11. Bahamuto Dynamics v1.1.1a KS dl .24.2

12. KAX v2.2.1+2.2.2 hotfix CF dl .24.0

13. NovaPunch (just capsules) CF dl .24.2

14. StationScience v1.2.1 CF dl .24.2

15. Orbital Material Science v.3 CF dl .24

16. LargeSolarWings CF dl .24.2

17. Station Parts Expansion v0.1.0 CF dl .24.2

18. TarsierSpaceTech v4.4 CF dl .24.2

19. Oblivion Aerospace v0.1.1 CF dl .24.2

20. KW_Rocketry v2.6c KS dl .24.2

Final Round

EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements v7-3 high res with duma dust storms

Astronomer’s Visual Pack CF dl .24

I definitly have the same issue. After sending up a bunch of rockets, it turns out the ChemCam was responsible. I however never made it to orbit, the camera floated about 1km behind the rocket at 60km. Mechjeb never had a chance to circularize my orbit ;).

Has anyone found a solution to this problem? I am having the same problem with ChemCam. It messes my point of view each time and will only restore once I engage warp drive. Physics warp however does not restore it

Has anyone found a solution to this problem? I am having the same problem with ChemCam. It messes my point of view each time and will only restore once I engage warp drive. Physics warp however does not restore it

I think I may have fixed this problem now, I'm working on a set of changes which I'd like to upload over the weekend (a very cool new feature for the telescopes). I just have to work out some science and contract related stuff and then it will be ready....Watch this space

• 2 weeks later...

Cool! More stuff to look at.

Love chem cam, but I found it buggy in previous versions. Sometimes IJLK don't work to move the camera but somehow turn on time warp. (24.2, 32 bit). I can be slightly more specific if you are unaware of this, but I'm a dumb (computer) guy.

Great mod though!

Love chem cam, but I found it buggy in previous versions. Sometimes IJLK don't work to move the camera but somehow turn on time warp. (24.2, 32 bit). I can be slightly more specific if you are unaware of this, but I'm a dumb (computer) guy.

I know there were some problems with the input being bound to the wrong vessel but that is now fixed. Not sure how/why this could effect the time warp settings though. If it's a repeatable problem you could try sending me a log, but I imagine it's a conflict with another mod.

FYI, I got a bug report in my thread that I think is related to your mod. It seems to be throwing a NullReferenceException in TSTProgressTracker.OnLoad.

Many thanks, there does seem to be a minor problem with the latest version when it loads for the first time in a fresh save. I'll fix and upload a new build tonight.

Wow! Cool update, just wondering how many types of galaxies we can see through the telescope (roughly)? Thanks!

There are currently 8 galaxies, but more can be added easily through the galaxies.cfg file. At the moment I haven't put in any science messages, but these and new galaxies will be introduced in the future.

So, I recently updated Tarsier mod to the latest version, but for some reason I cannot see any nebula/galaxies. Also, when I click "Show Galaxies" a little weird cross box pops up. Here's a picture: http://i.imgur.com/U2psMkh.png

UPDATE: So after updating Tarsier to 4.5a, for some reason when I right click the telescope, I do not get any interface/gui thing which means I can't control the telescope -_-

Hopefully these errors have been fixed in the 4.5a

Let me know, tobyb121

Hi tobyb121, I am the player who submitted the original bug report in the TAC life support thread. Looks like your new release has fixed the issue, and I can now happily play with both mods. Thanks!

Hi tobyb121, I am the player who submitted the original bug report in the TAC life support thread. Looks like your new release has fixed the issue, and I can now happily play with both mods. Thanks!
Glad to hear it's working...enjoy!!
UPDATE: So after updating Tarsier to 4.5a, for some reason when I right click the telescope, I do not get any interface/gui thing which means I can't control the telescope -_-
I cant use any Telescopes at all...;.;

Please provide logs and a more detailed description, I can't help based on this level of information

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.