Christmas gift (new mun/planet)?

czokletmuss

I don't think we get a cristmas presant :(

So the update only 8 days ago doesn't count as a Christmas present? Chances are, the guys got very busy pushing the last few updates, and now they want a Christmas break.

I dunno what really goes on behind the scenes with Squad, but I'm pretty sure its a damn lot of work. So what if they dont put out something new every celebratory day?

as i said in the other thread Dan, its not just making a sphere and putting it in the game. if they add another planet it will be a finished job. a complete biome map, science text for every instrument at various heights, re-writing the archives. you also seem to ignore how difficult designing the planet is. every crater,hill, plain, valley, mountain has to be made, and on top of that they need to make a texture that fits it. you wouldn't want an icy pole draped over your equator. why would they put the time into that when we still don't have biomes for anything outside of kerbin orbit? not to mention the other more pressing game issues that need working on.

Currently only Kerbin, Mun and Minmus have multiple biomes, so making 1 new biome takes 5 min of coding.

You don't have to model every hill, if you add a gas giant it is very easy to make. If it is a rocky planet/moon you can just make a simple terrain model scraped from the web and make procedural craters or something. It is much easier than you think, I'm a programmer myself.

Currently only Kerbin, Mun and Minmus have multiple biomes, so making 1 new biome takes 5 min of coding.

You don't have to model every hill, if you add a gas giant it is very easy to make. If it is a rocky planet/moon you can just make a simple terrain model scraped from the web and make procedural craters or something. It is much easier than you think, I'm a programmer myself.

Biomes are absolutely zero coding. The code already exists. Biomes are all about creating a map that defines each biome with a color code. It's nearly as complicated as creating a texture for a planet. It would be better to not spread false information like this.

Edited by stupid_chris

Don't waste resources on multiplayer, at least not yet. Better to first finish the game and only then start thinking about addition features like multiplayer.

What you just said is exactly what SQUAD said they were going to do, add multiplayer after the game is mostly finished. They never said it was an immediate priority, they only announced it as something they are planning on doing.

Sorry to be the one to give the "Santa" talk here - you know, the one about Santa actually being a shill for Coca Cola - but I hadn't heard anything about a gift on Christmas day and if it's not there now, I wouldn't hold out hope at this point. Considering the work that was put into 0.23 and KerbalKon all at once during this close timeframe, though, it shouldn't come as big of a surprise. On the bright side, what are some cool holiday-related things you might like to see in the future if there's ever a chance to implement them?

On the bright side, what are some cool holiday-related things you might like to see in the future if there's ever a chance to implement them?

Relatively simple ideas to add to gameplay:

* Customization of crew uniforms, please. Perhaps rookies get white or light blue pressure suits, veterans other than the Big Three get gold, maybe with their names texture-mapped on the helmet or something like that. If they've landed on another celestial body, maybe they get gold astronaut wings on their pressure suits or some other indicator.

* Mission Reports to go along with the Science Archives; I know this data is already kept in some form in the persistence files for every save. So a place to look back and see which probe or ship first visited an SOI, the first time it was orbited, the first time it was landed upon, etc. Maybe with a few other details (lowest and highest orbit altitudes, whether the ship or probe was damaged, any crew lost, etc).

Sorry to be the one to give the "Santa" talk here - you know, the one about Santa actually being a shill for Coca Cola - but I hadn't heard anything about a gift on Christmas day and if it's not there now, I wouldn't hold out hope at this point. Considering the work that was put into 0.23 and KerbalKon all at once during this close timeframe, though, it shouldn't come as big of a surprise. On the bright side, what are some cool holiday-related things you might like to see in the future if there's ever a chance to implement them?

perhaps some santa-flavored polar flavor text

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.