Hi Tech Bits and Bobs (WIP)

AArtisan

Just a few models for parts that I feel are missing from the KSP interstellar and Near Future Propulsion mods. Unfortunately I've yet to figure out unity so if anyone can help me put these into the game that would be greatly appreciated.

Also, I will be updating this thread with whatever I managed to produce in the future, bear with me since I'm also kinda new to phpBB

Really like the models and texturing! Say, what will their uses be? They all look like engines, apart from the first one.

the first one is a 2.5m fusion reactor and the 4 others are 1.25m and 0.62m photonic engines and plasma engines. They are intended to be added into the KSP intersteller mod that is if I can get a hold of the mod creator.

the first one is a 2.5m fusion reactor and the 4 others are 1.25m and 0.62m photonic engines and plasma engines. They are intended to be added into the KSP intersteller mod that is if I can get a hold of the mod creator.

You should hop into the #kspmodders room on IRC if you need to contact one of the creators of a popular mod. Pretty much everyone who works on a widely used mod hangs around there.

yes, these are intended to be added to KSPI. Mainly to fill in the gap in the parts list.

Just make your own competitor mod. Making part.cfgs is laughably easy, you've already done the hard part, so it'd be trivial for you to just make your own mod.

KSPI aims for difficulty, you could perhaps make your version cater more to the people who just Clarkson it around? Tad on the easy/OP side, give some options to the playerbase?

Okay, A new addition. this is a 3.75m Fusion reactor

*drools* *electrical buzzing* *shaking* *cough* *cough* *dead*

just kidding but seriously this is awesome

Edit: also great textures btw so keep up the awesome work

Edited by Helix935

These models are brilliant! They look like high-Kerbal-tech (i.e. advanced, but still kind of simple). Many (but not all) of the KSPI models are the public domain models released into the wild by ZZZ, who has publicly confirmed he will not be doing any more modelling for KSP:

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/43840-Hab-Hub-%28and-other-strange-things%29?p=835419&viewfull=1#post835419

So, Fractal_UK might be very interested in having a new modeller to work with. But I obviously don't speak for KSPI, or any modder for that matter.

Edited by yeliabmit
Forgot to priase the models!

• 2 weeks later...
AArtisan, I guess you already tried to send Fractal_UK a PM? I agree, he might be interested... And he seems to be quite active in the forums.

I am indeed very interested, I've been looking for models like these for what seems like an age without much success. Models are one of the main limiting factors on Interstellar development because I'm so bad at this part myself.

I'd be more than happy to find a place for these models in Interstellar! Really nice work AArtisan, drop me a PM and we can go from there.

Would you be able to make these parts available with blank or placeholder part.cfg files? I'd like to play around with these in NearFuture, not for redistribution of course.

As it stands, I can't even get the parts from Obj. format into MU. because I've not been able to figure out the basics in unity. My plan was to simply make the models and textures and send them directly to Fractal for him to put into the game.

Also, On an unrelated note: A 3.75m Fission Reactor' the Akula

Edited by AArtisan

It would be lovely if these where made available for download even if it was in obj format. Both the models and textures look really good. I could probably also help exporting the models/textures in unity for community use if you want? Just hit me up with a pm if youre not wanting to post the obj files on the forum.

Good news. I've gotten in contact with Fractal_uk and he is currently implementing the first set of models. Expect to see them in the next release of KSPI

. That being said, I will still be making additional parts to further supplement

for instance this. a 0.62m fission reactor

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.