Water Port

Hey guys,

First post here, so here it goes.

I was experimenting the other day with one of my first space planes made from girders, landing struts(They work!), and rockets, and I crashed into the ocean, but without a total catastrophic failure. The wings came off and most of the girders except the ones on the bottom. I used the rest of the fuel to jet around through the water and was like, "Man, this is just as fun as the plane!"

So, overall, I believe there should be a rocket boat jetty of some sort. Just to place things into the water, instead of attempting to land them perfectly without death.

Sorry if it's been posted before, but man, I've been having a helluva good time in Kerbal!

I love this game and when I made my first space plane(Appropriately called the PaperPlane, AND IT FLEW!), I was excited and happy to see it actually work considering I didn't have many parts, and all previous attempt were futile until I obtained the moveable winglets.

Thanks!

Brian

I think we do need something like this - it can even be justified with "serious" reasons, like needing somewhere for tug boats to tow splashed-down boosters, or for testing submersible probes which could be used on Eve/Laythe/etc.

If a dock/pier is ever added, it should definitely include a diving board.

Maybe an ice-cream stand too...

Haha, a friend of mine and me, we had the same idea this weekend. we were testing boat designs (stock and firespitter) and the trip from the runway was really annoying (firespitter's "start in water" didn't work somehow).

I think a drydock, pier and dedicated floating/aquadynamic parts would be a great addition to the game. but perhaps better as a mod.

gameplay like:

"hm, my capsule with science and crew weights 6 t and displaces 3 t. I need to put airbags on to raise my displacement if I want to land in the water... let's test it..."

for stock I'd support a "start from different location " option. like a drag down menu near the launch button which let's you choose "on runway, on launchpad, on street, on shore, in water, on island runway (unlock)".

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.