Gaby's Submarine P.O.C. (Download Fixed)

gabyalufix

@kellven: This is something I did several months ago, and haven\'t touched since. It doesn\'t even use plugins! I use the RCS and cfg edits on plugin-free parts to allow me to dive.

I\'m not currently particularly interested in developing submarines further. I got other missions in the works. Yours looks crazy-awesome so far, and a lot better than I could do. So power to ya! Lookin forward to seeing what you come up with.

Feel free to use my models or whatever, if you want. It\'s all Creative Commons share alike. The ballast tanks and RCS were made by Tim Barrett of C7, so make sure you attribute to him if you do use them.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Lol, I love you guys. It makes be laugh to see unique applications like this. Oh how I would love to be a fly on the wall when the devs see things like this. 'Wait...what...how....They made it do what?'

This may be a bug report. The small tanks, the ones using the attachment point mesh, seem to auto refill without any control input.

So if used on a airship, the smalls lead to wildly mashing the spacebar in a attempt to (assuming you HAVE one) activate the Capsule Escape System as your Airship uncontrollably plummets into the ground on its own? good to know, I haven\'t used the ballast tanks yet for that purpose.... been relying on the radially mounted helium tanks to balance out the weight distribution, as I always put the fuel supply for my Airships in back...

Very very slowly and its onle the ones with the fuel tank mesh. I\'ve started using the small ones and no problem there. And I don\'t think I left the rcs toggle on when I reengaged MechJeb

Oh and here\'s one of my airships

2wpt7aw.png

Very very slowly and its onle the ones with the fuel tank mesh. I\'ve started using the small ones and no problem there. And I don\'t think I left the rcs toggle on when I reengaged MechJeb

Oh and here\'s one of my airships

2wpt7aw.png

Now strap a Devastator or two (or like one of my designs!) on that puppy, add in a Sunbeam for lolz, and then you\'re ready to go!

I actually have a new variant with 3 sunbeams. It vaporizes anything in like 2 seconds. Im working on a way to use the sunbeam laser sight to sight in the devastators cause they are hard to aim.