unable to stage

Every now and then, my staging advance (spacebar) just goes dead in the middle of a flight, and from then on, I can maneuver and throttle, but remain stuck in that stage. There are no circumstances where this is a good thing.

Quitting the game and restarting seems to clear it up temporarily.

Loading a new rocket has no effect

Loading a different game has no effect.

I tried reassigning the stage advance to a different key, but still had the problem.

Quitting the game and restarting seems to clear it up temporarily.

using v. 0.22.0.351 on a Mac 10.8

I didn't know about this, and didn't check it. However, I have a sketchy memory that at least one time, I may have seen another color down there --- magenta, pink, or even red.

I am a newbie, have built a few ships, done some low orbits, some science, but no munar or beyond.

Ah, that could explain it, although I don't know for sure. Will watch that and the LED signal. I know about alt-L stage lock, and had checked that.'

Thanks to all.

Mousing over the stage area will cause it to lock, as KSP thinks you are going to adjust the staging.

So be careful where you're pointing that mouse of yours :)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.