[1.8+] Real Fuels

NathanKell

The current release seems to have been compiled with KSPAPIExtensions version 1.73

The current version of KSPAPIExtensions is 1.75, and there are conflicts between the version RF needs and the others. Would it be possible to re-release the current version of RF with the newest KSPAPIExtensions?

Thanks!

I find it strange, but it must be it was compiled against the wrong KSPAPIE and had the right one included because I have 1.7.5 with RF, but I have the glitch with Pparts. Please update soon it's impossible for me to play without this mod and Ppart as I remove all other fuel atnks form stock and mods to save ram. Thank you!

I find it strange, but it must be it was compiled against the wrong KSPAPIE and had the right one included because I have 1.7.5 with RF, but I have the glitch with Pparts. Please update soon it's impossible for me to play without this mod and Ppart as I remove all other fuel atnks form stock and mods to save ram. Thank you!

The version I have in the .zip from Github is 1.73 (according to the properties right-click menu, 3rd tab.) The other mods that include it have that version field lsiting 1.75. I do not know if that is the same as the version coming through CKAN, due to that CKAN thinks it conflicts with the InterstellarFuelTank.

Strange. The RF 10.4.1 I got from Github is bundled with the KAE 1.7.3 dll.

In any case, like you said, it looks may have been compiled against the old version. When I recompiled RF with 1.7.5, it fixed the PPart issue for me. Also make sure that you're running no other mods that have an old version of KAE.

Strange. The RF 10.4.1 I got from Github is bundled with the KAE 1.7.3 dll.

In any case, like you said, it looks may have been compiled against the old version. When I recompiled RF with 1.7.5, it fixed the PPart issue for me. Also make sure that you're running no other mods that have an old version of KAE.

Thing is I tried only Pparts and this and it breaks. So till we get a fixed version I am stuck not playing :/

Here's a version that's updated with the latest KAE, here. Source and license are the same as the original download - I just recompiled it.

Extract this into the Real Fuels/Plugins directory. You'll need to overwrite two files.

Here's a version that's updated with the latest KAE, here. Source and license are the same as the original download - I just recompiled it.

Extract this into the Real Fuels/Plugins directory. You'll need to overwrite two files.

Thank you! Acts like this are what I love most about the kerbal community :)

So it's my first time posting here. I started making a custom config for fuel tanks from a mod pack to eventually hopefully get it so they're realistic for RSS/RealismOverhaul using Real Fuels. But I'm a bit confused. I've basically set it up to where it works how I intended, with the right fuel ratio and the right fuels for the engines. But I'm not sure why the dry mass values are changing after I add the liquid fuels to the tank. It's throwing off my calculations, and I mean from this perspective either it's not supposed to work that way (it doesn't seem to make sense in my head, but maybe I'm unaware why it should work that way), or I just don't know how to edit the starting values of the tank. I can edit them in the tanks' main config file but when I try to work with them in the VAB, they values don't change proportionally to the changes I've made in the default file. So I'm assuming there's got to be some other place that I've not seen where I need to edit something to fix it. That or it's a bug, but it'd be pretty odd if no one mentioned it before if that were the case.

If anyone knows what I'm doing wrong, please let me know. Then perhaps I can get this all compiled.

erinym: welcome to the forums! :)

I'm not sure what you mean by the dry mass changing when adding propellants--you mean when adding tanks for them, or when increasing/decreasing how full the tanks are in tweakables?

If you're making a replica, it's best to set the part mass as desired and then add 'basemass = -1' to the ModuleFuelTanks module, so that RF doesn't mess with part dry mass.

In other news, repack/recompile is out.

NathanKell!

Your solution worked. Many, many thanks. It must have been multiplying the original values due to something in the code without having '-1' as the base mass. It just confused me seeing as I thought, sure it makes sense for the wet mass to increase after adding liquid fuel, but why is dry mass multiplying with it? Glad I posted here. I'm gradually getting these tweaks accurate.

Glad it worked!

Under normal circumstances, dry mass is calculated by RF as the sum of:

that tank type's basemass * volume +

for each tank added

total tank volume * tank mass

So you might have to pay 0.1kg per liter base, plus another kg per liter for each liter of kerosene tank. That sort of thing.

Ive been having trouble getting engine ignitions in my install of KSP. Im using stockalike engines for ven revamp engines using real fuels however none of my engines or tanks experience limited ignitions or fuel ullage trouble. Basically engine ignitor included in real fuels right now doesn't seem to be working for me.

Ullage and igntiion are part of the engine config. RF Stockalike hasn't been correctly setting Engine Ignitor configs, and thus also doesn't work with RF 10.4 (which is backwards compatible with Engine Ignitor configs in engine CONFIG nodes...but only if they're done correctly :P ).

Ullage and igntiion are part of the engine config. RF Stockalike hasn't been correctly setting Engine Ignitor configs, and thus also doesn't work with RF 10.4 (which is backwards compatible with Engine Ignitor configs in engine CONFIG nodes...but only if they're done correctly :P ).

If it did, would it still be 'stockalike'?

Starwaster: It already has them for Engine Ignitor, but due to a persistent typo they're never applied. I'd say that would be Word of God^H^H^HRaptor831 on what they should and shouldn't have. :)

What typo would that be? I have always wanted to try ullage and ignition simulation with the stocks like system.

What typo would that be? I have always wanted to try ullage and ignition simulation with the stocks like system.

See his post here: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/81239-Stockalike-RF-Engine-Configs-v2-1-7-6-21-15?p=2059484&viewfull=1#post2059484

In summary, instead of

MODULE
{
name = ModuleEngineIgnitor
ignitionsAvailable = 2
<stuff deleted for clarity>

it should be like this

ModuleEngineIgnitor
{
ignitionsAvailable = 2

Aaaaaand you'll have to go through ALL of the files.

Or at least the ones that that contain engines that you use. (which should hopefully shorten it quite a bit for you)

See his post here: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/81239-Stockalike-RF-Engine-Configs-v2-1-7-6-21-15?p=2059484&viewfull=1#post2059484

In summary, instead of

MODULE
{
name = ModuleEngineIgnitor
ignitionsAvailable = 2

it should be like this

ModuleEngineIgnitor
{
ignitionsAvailable = 2

Aaaaaand you'll have to go through ALL of the files.

Or at least the ones that that contain engines that you use. (which should hopefully shorten it quite a bit for you)

Thank you very appreciated. Linux commands should make the replacement pretty easy.

This may be CKAN's fault, but it won't install Real Fuels, giving the following error:

Oh no! We tried to overwrite a file owned by another mod!
Please try a `ckan update` and try again.

If this problem re-occurs, then it maybe a packaging bug.
Please report it at:

[url]https://github.com/KSP-CKAN/CKAN-meta/issues/new[/url]

Please including the following information in your report:

File : GameData/SolverEngines/SolverEngines.version
Installing Mod : ModuleAnimateEmissive v1.5
Owning Mod : SolverEngines
CKAN Version : v1.10.0-0-gb447380 (beta)

Your GameData has been returned to its original state.

Starwaster: It already has them for Engine Ignitor, but due to a persistent typo they're never applied. I'd say that would be Word of God^H^H^HRaptor831 on what they should and shouldn't have. :)

So, seriously? :blush: I never played with EI so I never noticed...

As for if it's "stockalike", I dunno. There wouldn't be an easy way to turn that on and off in RF, would there?

So, seriously? :blush: I never played with EI so I never noticed...

As for if it's "stockalike", I dunno. There wouldn't be an easy way to turn that on and off in RF, would there?

Yes ullage setting at the bottom of Realsettings.cfg