Incoming Pewdiepie!...?

Tex

Would you like it if the Pewds played KSP?  

1. 1. Would you like it if the Pewds played KSP?

• Heck yeah, bro.
    • Nope, not at all.
    • No opinion/somewhere in between.

H-h-h-how's it going, bros? My name is Tooooorg9776 (the opening doesn't work with me :sealed:)

Pewdiepie has stated that people have been telling him to play our glorious game. I know that some of you, no doubt, are behind it as well, but for those of you who don't know that he has been asked to... Do you think it would be a good thing if he tried it out? Furthermore, what do you think would be the benefits of having the most subscribed person on YouTube play the game, if you think there are any?

I think most people would agree it would bring... unwanted people to our happy little community. Anyone who knows about Pewds understands what his fans are like. On the lus side though, the stereotypical PDP fan wouldn't be the type to stay with a game with a learning curve as steep as KSP. Those who do stay can be salvaged into good members of the community.

On an important side note though, Squad would get a lot of coverage and can make some money.

I want to see the game do well, so Pewdiepie would be excellent! I wouldn't worry too much about "unwanted" people coming into the community, as the game's natural learning curve will ensure that impatient people quit very soon.

It would probably result in a huge storm on the forums as all the noobs are complaining that the game is too hard. But as Capt_Reynolds said, some of them would surely have the patience to actually learn how to play the game, and it would bring a lot of publicity. The forums would eventually calm down again.

Although I'm not too sure that pewds' style of playing would show the "sciencey" side of the game, which I think is the part that makes it interesting. He wouldn't even try to do things the right way, he'd just build random useless things and watch them explode. If he did get his rocket to Kerbin orbit, there's just no way he could ever get to another planet... Well, maybe he'd get to Duna or Eve with a bit of luck, but he certainly wouldn't make it to the outer planets or moons.

Edited by KasperVld

I didn't even know who this person was until the first time I saw a thread about him on this forum a few months back. I thought his name was "pew die pie" like he's shooting a pie with a laser gun.

This must be what it felt like for my parents when people started getting into "Fifty Cents" and "Iced Tea." I've avoided it for quite some time but I think it's official. I'm old.

Great deal of his fans are brainless people, but not all of them. There might be some initial problems on the forums, but I think the overall effect would be a nice financial boost for Squad from the increasing sales, and the forums can be kept clean if the mods do their job. More money for Squad, more KSP development.

It's a lot of exposure, that’s a good thing. Will it bring “unwanted†players? Maybe, but how would they “poison†the community? If it is mostly about people not being able to figure out the game in such amounts that it floods the forums, the quick solution would be to have “tutorial†section on the forum and then it doesn’t take more then simply redirecting questions about the most basic elements to there.

On the other hand, having a 1337 attitude where outsiders are considered “n00bs†is not really healthy either.

I have only heard of this person in passing. Honestly though, the more people playing (and buying) the game, the merrier.

As for forum wastage, I doubt it would happen. Even a full-scale 4chan invasion could probably be weathered (just barely) by this place. Hell, asides the more lewd aspects of potential posts (Kedobear anyone?), I reckon some of the murderous things the /b/ contingent would be doing to the Kerbals could actually be quite funny. At least for the two weeks before the majority got bored and went back to terrorising Habbo Hotel or something.

Not that I wish to jinx anything.

I've brought myself to watch some of his videos, and they entertained me some. However, I wish in NO WAY to express that I'm a "bro" and I do not consider me one.

That being said, I don't care if he plays KSP. The mods will just go into over-drive and zap any threads made saying "ROCKIT NO WURK HLP ME!!!!!!!1!!!!!!!!!1"

I would somewhat want him to play it. Then his 19 mil subscribers will find out about Kerbal space program and many of them might be intelligent people. Don't be scared that a mass of 12-year olds will rain on us-they will get bored with KSP easily because most of them won't be gifted with a proper brain. Also we have a wonderful team of moderators and anyone can report a post.

Well, I think it's a good thing. More money means faster development.

As for the 'Forum Panic', no need to worry about that. We have better moderators than a lot of places. Certainly, it's better than 4Chan (I'm not sure if that monstrosity even HAS moderators). The mods will weed out the poop, and we'll be left with the good stuff.

I'm pretty indifferent on whether he plays or not. On one side it would introduce many people to the game and squad would do very well for a while. Also I'm sure that many of his fans are intelligent and reasonable people.

However I'm not keen on the idea of swarms of people who will only play for a week or two flooding the forums!

Anyway Steam is way bigger than pewdiepie and we survived the influx from that quite easily. :)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.