[1.8.x] DMagic Orbital Science: New Science Parts [v1.4.3] [11/2/2019]

DMagic

• 4 months later...

EDIT,  never mind I uninstalled and re-installed with CKan and things are working now

I'm getting back into KSP1 again.   I installed  This and US2 thinking that the science parts would just automagically show up but for whatever reason I'm only seeing the DMagic stand alone varients and not the US2 ones.  Do I need to do something inside CKan to make this happen?

Edited by rottielover

• 1 month later...

This simple little Module Manager patch ought to do the trick.

-@PART[dmmagBoom]:NEEDS[DMagicOrbitalScience]:FINAL{}

(If you're not sure how to use it, copy the one line above into a text file, save the file with any filename you like as long as the file extension is ".cfg", and save it anywhere in your GameData folder.)

43 minutes ago, UnanimousCoward said:

This simple little Module Manager patch ought to do the trick.

-@PART[dmmagBoom]:NEEDS[DMagicOrbitalScience]:FINAL{}

(If you're not sure how to use it, copy the one line above into a text file, save the file with any filename you like as long as the file extension is ".cfg", and save it anywhere in your GameData folder.)

Can you help me understand this? If I'm reading this correctly, it's modifying the part to remove it if Dmagic is present, and applying the patch last?

Dang. Typo. Should be:

-PART[dmmagBoom]:NEEDS[DMagicOrbitalScience]:FINAL{}

You're correct.

The "-PART" bit tells it "remove the part called 'dmmagBoom'" (the game's internal name for the part - obtained from the part's CFG file).

The "NEEDS" bit tells it "only run this patch if the folder 'DMagicOrbitalScience' exists in GameData".

The "FINAL" part tells it "run this patch last after all mods have run their own patches". This is good practice for user's own patches.

If you were editing the part rather than deleting it, it would be structured like this:

@PART[dmmagboom]:NEEDS[DMagicOrbitalScience]:FINAL
{
	//edits go here
}

"@PART" tells the patch to edit the part.

"-PART" tells it to remove the part.

All such patches need curly brackets. If you're just removing the part, they don't need anything inside them. If you're editing it, the edits go there.

Edited by UnanimousCoward
Fix typo, clarity