[1.8.x] DMagic Orbital Science: New Science Parts [v1.4.3] [11/2/2019]

DMagic

Mind explaining to me the anomaly detector in detail to me? I'm quite confused about it, because I have no clue how many anomalous signals are on each celestial body, if there are anomalous signals on every celestial body, and what the things detection range is, and alot of other stuff, because I want to drive a rover all around Kerbin and try find all the anomalous signals on Kerbin, please explain this stuff to me and as much other stuff about the anomalous signal detector as possible. Thanks.

Mind explaining to me the anomaly detector in detail to me? I'm quite confused about it, because I have no clue how many anomalous signals are on each celestial body, if there are anomalous signals on every celestial body, and what the things detection range is, and alot of other stuff, because I want to drive a rover all around Kerbin and try find all the anomalous signals on Kerbin, please explain this stuff to me and as much other stuff about the anomalous signal detector as possible. Thanks.

First of all, it is a detector for finding anomalies, so there's that.

Last I checked, you will want to first find locations from orbit. If you set up a polar orbit, the craft should eventually pass over every part of the surface. Then, you just watch for an increase in the values reported by the detector. Once you find an interesting location, THEN you go in for a closer look. Of course, you could do it all from a rover, but that will probably be slower (unless you put enough boosters on your rover).

First of all, it is a detector for finding anomalies, so there's that.

Last I checked, you will want to first find locations from orbit. If you set up a polar orbit, the craft should eventually pass over every part of the surface. Then, you just watch for an increase in the values reported by the detector. Once you find an interesting location, THEN you go in for a closer look. Of course, you could do it all from a rover, but that will probably be slower (unless you put enough boosters on your rover).

Thanks, is there a certain number of anomalies on kerbin or?

The first question regarding the anomalous signal detector: Is it connected to the stock "anomalies" / "Easter Eggs", or is it unrelated?
It seems not, when I drove to the KSC monolith, there was no signals picked up by the detector, the detector WAS picking up the signal from the tracking station, this may need further testing but for now i'm convinced the anomalous signal detector and anomalies are unrelated.

The first question regarding the anomalous signal detector: Is it connected to the stock "anomalies" / "Easter Eggs", or is it unrelated?

I can neither confirm nor deny this. I'd suggest finding a high reading for an anomaly somewhere and tracking it down.

It seems not, when I drove to the KSC monolith, there was no signals picked up by the detector, the detector WAS picking up the signal from the tracking station, this may need further testing but for now i'm convinced the anomalous signal detector and anomalies are unrelated.

There might be certain anomalies that cannot be detected by the anomaly scanner for reasons.

I'd suggest investigating for yourself.

then you might search this thread for "anomaly"

search this thread for "anomaly easter".

While I love this mod, I would suggest changing the surface composition of Eeloo to something more kerbal-friendly. I may be over sensitive to the subject but I was very disappointed and a bit angry about it when I first found out.

While I love this mod, I would suggest changing the surface composition of Eeloo to something more kerbal-friendly. I may be over sensitive to the subject but I was very disappointed and a bit angry about it when I first found out.

Yeah, I gotta admit it's not ideal. I appreciate the humor, but it's not quite in the same category as minty Minmus.

You all can change it for yourselves why does everyone else have to be a wet blanket with you?

You know what? You're right. Maybe we can come up with a good MM patch to replace those with some other Eeloo specific humor (or humour, even).

...except I've never actually made it to Eeloo, myself. :blush:

You all can change it for yourselves why does everyone else have to be a wet blanket with you?

That seems a little hostile, and I think you mean to call me a wet blanket, not everyone else, as that's how the definition of the phrase works - assuming you think I'm spoiling everyone's fun.

I'm just saying, as a drug addict, I'm a bit bitter about my escape (KSP) referencing something about cocaine. I never would've thought any reference to drugs would make its way into the game, especially with this mod having pretty sound experiment results for every other celestial body.

But you're right, I must just be "ruining the fun" for everyone else.

I thought that was something that CSS put in, not DMagic Orbital science.

I did get a bit of a chuckle out of it, even though it's not a particularily appropriate thing to put in for the science reports.

Edit: I just realized that the forum rules say 'no discussion about drugs (the illegal types specifically)', but uh, we're talking about it indirectly and not specifically, and I don't know whether it applies to mods with the drug reference.

Edited by smjjames

I'm not complaining or saying that DMagic Orbital Science should be shut down, but um, from http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/87841-Add-on-Posting-Rules-Aug-21st-2014

"2. Forbidden content

Add-ons may not violate the forbidden content section of the Community Rules."

But AFAIK, nobody has complained about the science reports or they wouldn't be there. Most of them are vague and just describe it as a powder and the closest one gets to actually breaking it is naming it by it's chemical name (it used to have the chemical notation, but now it's the chemical name). Not going to wiki link it as I'm already on the knife edge of violating that rule.

Eeloo is supposed to be based on Pluto (or maybe Europa? It looks more like Europa), so, maybe update those to something like it being Nitrogen snow?

Edited by smjjames

To be honest, that's what I was expecting - nitrogen snow.

I'm not saying DMagic should be taken down or any nonsense like that either, I was just expressing my disappointment with one aspect of the mod, in hopes that others may agree and it may be changed (or at least considered) for future updates.

To be honest, that's what I was expecting - nitrogen snow.

I'm not saying DMagic should be taken down or any nonsense like that either, I was just expressing my disappointment with one aspect of the mod, in hopes that others may agree and it may be changed (or at least considered) for future updates.

Why does everyone need to have things your way? You can change your own report in your own game and it will affect no one else. So unless your point is everyone should do what you say I don't know what you are doing :rolleyes:

- - - Updated - - -

I'm not complaining or saying that DMagic Orbital Science should be shut down, but um, from http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/87841-Add-on-Posting-Rules-Aug-21st-2014

"2. Forbidden content

Add-ons may not violate the forbidden content section of the Community Rules."

But AFAIK, nobody has complained about the science reports or they wouldn't be there. Most of them are vague and just describe it as a powder and the closest one gets to actually breaking it is naming it by it's chemical name (it used to have the chemical notation, but now it's the chemical name). Not going to wiki link it as I'm already on the knife edge of violating that rule.

So does that mean no talk of taking tylenol for my headache? Cause the definition of a drug is pretty broad, :rolleyes: and before you try and say the substance in question is entirely illegal it can still be prescribed here in the states.

Edited by Svm420

Why does everyone need to have things your way? You can change your own report in your own game and it will affect no one else. So unless your point is everyone should do what you say I don't know what you are doing :rolleyes:

- - - Updated - - -

So does that mean no talk of taking tylenol for my headache? Cause the definition of a drug is pretty broad, :rolleyes: and before you try and say the substance in question is entirely illegal it can still be prescribed here in the states.

Well, what I am doing is reporting my personal opinion and experience on a thread in a public forum that is partly created so that the developers of a specific mod can see what the people that use their mod think of it and make changes to future updates based on what the public thinks of the mod.

By your logic, nobody should ever voice an opinion here, ever. Even you, on the MechJeb thread.

And where do you get your information from? Cocaine is a schedule-II narcotic that is illegal as a recreational and medicinal drug in the United States, and just as illegal in most other countries. If your doctor prescribes you cocaine, you're mistaking him for a drug dealer.

Is there any specific reason why you want to keep it in the game? Is having Eeloo made of cocaine important to you? Or would you have never noticed if the developer simply changed it to something more appropriate? Or are you just against mod developers updating their mods to suit the people that play with them? Because evidently, I'm not the only one who was turned off by the instance.

Well, what I am doing is reporting my personal opinion and experience on a thread in a public forum that is partly created so that the developers of a specific mod can see what the people that use their mod think of it and make changes to future updates based on what the public thinks of the mod.

By your logic, nobody should ever voice an opinion here, ever. Even you, on the MechJeb thread.

And where do you get your information from? Cocaine is a schedule-II narcotic that is illegal as a recreational and medicinal drug in the United States, and just as illegal in most other countries. If your doctor prescribes you cocaine, you're mistaking him for a drug dealer.

Is there any specific reason why you want to keep it in the game? Is having Eeloo made of cocaine important to you? Or would you have never noticed if the developer simply changed it to something more appropriate? Or are you just against mod developers updating their mods to suit the people that play with them? Because evidently, I'm not the only one who was turned off by the instance.

Schedule 2 is able to be prescribed. Not saying it would be easy to make happen, but it does have medically approved uses. My suggestion for MJ is a feature request that does not remove anything from the mod, and I can't add myself hence my request your request is: this text offends me change it for everyone IDC if I can fix it for myself everyone needs to have things how I like them :rolleyes:. Get a better argument lol

Why do you have a problem with -ctn- stating their opinion?

I'm not the one who set up the rule.

Edit: I'm gonna bring in a moderator to nip the argument/discussion in the bud. Just in case mostly......

Edited by smjjames