Chaka Monkey - Closed Development Thread

YANFRET

Don't forget TAC Life Support

Perhaps you can educate me, but wouldn't TAC support alter the way mass is reported for a habitat or storage module depending on if the user chooses to install the plugin? IE if the Duna transit hab has a mass of 60t which is a placeholder value to simulate required resources, then TAC support is added deviding that number up into the various things, wouldn't the mass of those consumables go away if the plugin were not installed by the user?

Perhaps you can educate me, but wouldn't TAC support alter the way mass is reported for a habitat or storage module depending on if the user chooses to install the plugin? IE if the Duna transit hab has a mass of 60t which is a placeholder value to simulate required resources, then TAC support is added deviding that number up into the various things, wouldn't the mass of those consumables go away if the plugin were not installed by the user?

I must be honest I have not idea about the intricacies of TAC. I will say it is definitely a nice option to consider because it adds a whole new depth to the game very similar to DR. You cant just send a ship to Duna. You need to make sure you have enough Life Support to get there and you need to plan accordingly resupply missions. Maybe you could also consider for the future adding habitats like MKS into the monkey pipeline to generate life support. But I think just having the option of TAC makes this pack much more fun. Even for the various space stations, like a monkey resupply vehicle to keep the stations filled with snacks and oxygen. Im sure its probably difficult to integrate TAC or maybe it isn't however it really is something you should do because it rounds everything out and it adds a level of difficulty that alot of players look for.

I must be honest I have not idea about the intricacies of TAC. I will say it is definitely a nice option to consider because it adds a whole new depth to the game very similar to DR. You cant just send a ship to Duna. You need to make sure you have enough Life Support to get there and you need to plan accordingly resupply missions. Maybe you could also consider for the future adding habitats like MKS into the monkey pipeline to generate life support. But I think just having the option of TAC makes this pack much more fun. Even for the various space stations, like a monkey resupply vehicle to keep the stations filled with snacks and oxygen. Im sure its probably difficult to integrate TAC or maybe it isn't however it really is something you should do because it rounds everything out and it adds a level of difficulty that alot of players look for.

Yeah I agree but we need to be careful not to make the system dependent on TAC in order for the modules to have appropriate mass with or without it installed. Further reading required.

Also I like the term "Monkey Pipeline"

About Life Support mods there are just to many and some people don't like this mod or the next and don't like the setting they like there own , I like tac but it as got to buggy and there are 4 more life support mods to pick from.

EDIT- About Tac next time you launch a rocket look by the time you get to space your Waste tanks are full and you haven't used that much RESOURCE of anything and,

I was like what the H*ll scared the ( Beep ) out of them kerbals, I know I build some scary rockets but come on.

But yes 1 of my install as TAC and 1 as ECLSS and 1 as Interstellar Life support and no haven't try'ed the snacks.

Edited by Mecripp2

Nearly all of the contractors for the Monkey vehicles and parts have TAC support. Now obviously Monkey systems exceed the operating length and design specs, however they still support TAC without requiring it. So I would talk to Thunder Aerospace and the other contractors about integrating life support, because they seem to have done it pretty successfully.

Adding TAC support would be easy with a few MM scripts. Everything can remain the same as it's done right now.

Then a simple

@PART[MonkeyWhatever]:NEEDS[TACLifeSupport]
{
@mass = (Whatever you need to decrease mass to compensate for LifeSupport)
RESOURCE
{
name = Food
amount = SelfExplanitory
maxAmount = SelfExplanitory
}
RESOURCE
{
name = Water
amount = SelfExplanitory
}
RESOURCE
{
name = Oxygen
amount = SelfExplanitory
}
}

Adding TAC support would be easy with a few MM scripts. Everything can remain the same as it's done right now.

Then a simple

@PART[MonkeyWhatever]:NEEDS[TACLifeSupport]
{
@mass = (Whatever you need to decrease mass to compensate for LifeSupport)
RESOURCE
{
name = Food
amount = SelfExplanitory
}
RESOURCE
{
name = Water
amount = SelfExplanitory
}
RESOURCE
{
name = Oxygen
amount = SelfExplanitory
}
}

Yeah, that looks perfect. I'l check it out.

Thank you!

oh and

Revised SLS 1-2 Stage

• Core stage reduced in height by 3% to comply with official specs

• New core stage textures

• New SRB textures and KW nose cone (modified)

jUOIc8.jpg

XeTwXC.jpg

Edited by YANFRET

I took a set of mods and re textured them, resized them, re configured the CFG's and assembled them together into a functional NASA style mars programme that works really well and looks nice too.

Ah! I was wondering why a set of parts needed SO many authors, now it becomes clear.

TYVM

Any plans on Real Fuels on this one? Would be perfect w/ RSS + RF

Yes. The pack is naturally compliant with most of the constraints needed for RSS/RF and once we have a release that can be called complete the focus will shift in that direction.

Yanfret, what happened to your rocket in that picture you just posted?

http://i.imgur.com/KcjhjSd.png?1

Well these are final systems tests of the landers to certify they are ready for the next update. Therefor, the rocket is included in the test when they are sent out to the pad to verify fairing sep and proper staging config. The landers are then launched from the top of the rocket stack after the fairing test and then landed in the grass, while the retro stage, upper stage and 1-2 stages remain on the pad.

Yeah, that looks perfect. I'l check it out.

Thank you!

oh and

Revised SLS 1-2 Stage

• Core stage reduced in height by 3% to comply with official specs

• New core stage textures

• New SRB textures and KW nose cone (modified)

*drops dead 'cause he can't handle the awesomeness*

*drops dead 'cause he can't handle the awesomeness*

:P

Revised Munar 2X

6yCT2Q.jpg

dsJcau.jpg

In other news, almost done with beta .2 which is a comprehensive revision of the entire pack and includes career mode and science support fully. Just a few more parts and craft files sitting on the bench, everything else is ready now. Also, you get a LOT more with the next version and the size of the pack is still less than 340mb, thanks to an intense effort to compact things down.

:P

Revised Munar 2X

In other news, almost done with beta .2 which is a comprehensive revision of the entire pack and includes career mode and science support fully. Just a few more parts and craft files sitting on the bench, everything else is ready now. Also, you get a LOT more with the next version and the size of the pack is still less than 340mb, thanks to an intense effort to compact things down.

Only because you told me to remind you. I know I said it before, what about TAC support?

Only because you told me to remind you. I know I said it before, what about TAC support?

I1YeDZ.jpg

♦ Although it seems the resources don't get consumed, probably because I'm not familiar with the plugin. SP can I ship this over to you in a box and have you do some testing? Once we get it right I can duplicate the cfg settings to the appropriate pods.

Edited by YANFRET

♦ Although it seems the resources don't get consumed, probably because I'm not familiar with the plugin. SP can I ship this over to you in a box and have you do some testing? Once we get it right I can duplicate the cfg settings to the appropriate pods.

Of course you can! I will give it a test.

Edited by sp1989

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.